DHL said they delivered but i didnt get the parcel

Samacha

Hi community,

i bought a laptop from jib.co.th arround 68K bath.

https://dhlecommerce.asia/track/Track

JIB117090174-1B2
JIB117090174-2B2

they said they delivered it to me, but i havent got the parcel at all. First the postman ask me where the place was, and i waited the hold afternoon, and nothing still didnt turn up. What to do now?

It looks like they trying to dotch the responsibility,  they said they did a photo off me, and the postman remembered me.  They said that i signed the parcel, and i told them thats not my signature.

Seems so fishy, i contacted my bank and JIB about it.

Need some advise what steps should i take.

3 minutes ago, shanesox said:

Hmm someone signed for it and not you! You need to see the signature! Can be a nightmare proving it wasn't your signature and take time !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Well its easy right? my signature its the same everywhere, bank passport etc......

what i find wrong its how can they said they took a foto of me? i had things delivered many times aready, and i never saw a postman take a selfie of me rolf. Sounds like they making up a story, to avoid trouble.

Edited by Samacha

Isnt your issue with JIB computers ? they sold you a product and it hasnt turned up. They are the customer as far as DHL is concerned, DHL are shipping on behalf of JIB.

If you payed using a card then cancel the transaction with your bank or CC company. Its up JIB to chase up undelivered goods.

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Isnt your issue with JIB computers ? they sold you a product and it hasnt turned up. They are the customer as far as DHL is concerned, DHL are shipping on behalf of JIB.

If you payed using a card then cancel the transaction with your bank or CC company. Its up JIB to chase up undelivered goods.

kasikorn bank i phoned the next day, i applied for VISA code 30(not delivered goods), the bank told me the will ask JIB. Dunno how things runs here in Thailand.

5 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

that portable terminal dhl makes you sign on is so screwed up that my signature on it looks like nothing close to my usual siggie.

it will be tricky getting this across….keep us posted…..looks like the dhl guy is a crooked SOB.

I don't know if he is a crook, but since when does a postman takes a selfie of a customer? i never heard about anything like that in my hold life. That's what make me thought of something is fishy here. i never had ever sign a portable terminal with eighter DHL or FedEx, lol its khon kaen. 1 time was signing my name with FedEx with a IPAD, i just type my name.

9 minutes ago, tomwct said:

Hopefully you paid by credit card! Refuse to pay. problem solved!

i have a debit card VISA from kasikorn bank, and applied for a chargeback code 30, dont know when i get my money back. In germany or america where i lived my last 28 years(i am 28), i got the money back in a week if parcel arent delivered. 

I went to khon kaen central and bought a laptop from one of the department store. well no hassel and i came out with a good asus laptop. More expensive but atleast i got it. Now 

Edited by Samacha

Just now, observer90210 said:

Not the first time I am reading on such scams by the parcel delivery boys in Thailand....

which is why I installed a full CCTV recording all around the house...avoids such "misunderstandings"....

hope the issue gets resolved fast for the OP. All the best.

Dont they fear loosing their job? something like that doesn't happen often in Germany. Well lets say i hardly heard about it.

5 minutes ago, Samacha said:

Dont they fear loosing their job? something like that doesn't happen often in Germany. Well lets say i hardly heard about it.

you are very true, such stuff is unheard of in Europe...and probably elsewhere...I just don't understand the Thai mentality of those who are dishonest.... or perhaps they think that all farangs are fools? ......Or they are aware that they can get away with a couple of "wais" and a appology at the local police station? ... God knows!!...I wonder who Apple uses to deliver their goodies by mail in Thailand?

8 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Not the first time I am reading on such scams by the parcel delivery boys in Thailand....

which is why I installed a full CCTV recording all around the house...avoids such "misunderstandings"....

hope the issue gets resolved fast for the OP. All the best.

How does CCTV prove they didn't show up?  You can prove that they did, but you can't prove that they didn't.

I had a similar incident (lower value) and the item finally showed up a week later.  In the meantime, it became apparent that there was no way I could prove that the item didn't show up, and the delivery company didn't feel inclined to prove that it did.

45 minutes ago, impulse said:

How does CCTV prove they didn't show up?  You can prove that they did, but you can't prove that they didn't.

I had a similar incident (lower value) and the item finally showed up a week later.  In the meantime, it became apparent that there was no way I could prove that the item didn't show up, and the delivery company didn't feel inclined to prove that it did.

You can save the recordings with the date and time. Obviously, they will have to claim at what day or time they allegedly delivered and the footage would be available. My HDD stocks 24/7 footage up to 6 months and it is no big deal. But of course, recordings or not, it would be a real pain in the arse to start the procerdure and even then, one is not sure to win the case...unless you are prepared to spend perhaps more then the parcel's value on lawyer fees and hassles.

22 minutes ago, sinbin said:

thats a lot to read.

15 minutes ago, shanesox said:

Thieving by Mail staff is common in Thailand

well i hope atleast they loose their job.

I live on a mooban,with security guards 24/7,but most of the time these so called postmen will leave the parcels with them.so far I haven't had anything go missing but I reported them yams and post HQ.as one time I paid for my passport to be delivered to the house,which it wasn't.but it went on deaf ears.

best to use KERRY COURIERS.my laptop came from HUAR HIN a month ago and I was told  exactly where itwas every few hrs.then 5mins.to reach our house. [korat]

Looks like DHL has a problem here.I have order som things with Lazada,and they never had problem find my home.Last i order a carcam and call Lazada when it dont show up.She tell me to order a new one because thei not fin me.I dont but after 2 weeks DHL come to deliver.

When i sign for parcels ect i never sign as i would on an official document. I take my stylus pen out to the gate with me and print my full name in capital letters i have always done this. Plus i have cctv covering the gate so can prove definitively a show or no show. Having said that only ever happened once and that was in the early days of Kerry distribution. Luckily it was only a few hundred bhts worth.

1 hour ago, tete said:

Looks like DHL has a problem here.I have order som things with Lazada,and they never had problem find my home.Last i order a carcam and call Lazada when it dont show up.She tell me to order a new one because thei not fin me.I dont but after 2 weeks DHL come to deliver.

well in my case they phoned me and asked me where was my house, he said he was a new DHL driver and couldn't find it. So i tried to explain to him in English, I BET he never understood what i said as he only spoke thai. I waited all the afternoon and he never turned up, and at 6 PM it said was delivered in the tracking.

24 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

When i sign for parcels ect i never sign as i would on an official document. I take my stylus pen out to the gate with me and print my full name in capital letters i have always done this. Plus i have cctv covering the gate so can prove definitively a show or no show. Having said that only ever happened once and that was in the early days of Kerry distribution. Luckily it was only a few hundred bhts worth.

look like i have to install a CCTV to, never had to do anything drastically like that in my life, but seems like i cant even trust a DHL postman

12 minutes ago, Samacha said:

well in my case they phoned me and asked me where was my house, he said he was a new DHL driver and couldn't find it. So i tried to explain to him in English, I BET he never understood what i said as he only spoke thai. I waited all the afternoon and he never turned up, and at 6 PM it said was delivered in the tracking.

look like i have to install a CCTV to, never had to do anything drastically like that in my life, but seems like i cant even trust a DHL postman

Nothing to do with deliveries its more to do with front gate is out of sight of the house round a corner so i put cctv on it to make life easier.

Edited by jeab1980

Sorry to hear your problems - it is the reason why many online businesses will not deliver to Thailand (or SEAsia). 

Never buy anything for delivery to your address in Thailand that you cant afford to lose. 68K is a lot for a laptop - an obvious target to steal.  DHL is just a little better than Thai Post - they both always have had and always will have the occasional employee who takes things. In a few weeks before they are sacked, they can steal goods worth a year's salary. It is a common tactic to say they cant find you and then they say the person that signed for it said that it was you (not my fault).

I only ever got things delivered that were inexpensive, and in almost 4 years we had only two parcels go astray - one was refunded and one was experience.  For something as expensive as that always either go to the store or BKK, or take a trip overseas and do it while on a holiday.

9 minutes ago, shanesox said:

Yes ! I never been in a country with so many dishonest untrustworthy people! As well as being completely unmotivated if they are an employee!

well i would be worried to loose a job for doing things wrong. If you employed at least do a good job.

On 9/17/2017 at 9:53 AM, shanesox said:

Yes ! I never been in a country with so many dishonest untrustworthy people! As well as being completely unmotivated if they are an employee!

How many other countries have you been in?

How many Thai employees do you have?

The OP's package has simply been delivered to the wrong address. I had the same happen with a frozen food hamper from Passion Delivery using EMS. They dropped it at a house in the village with a number that wasn't even close to my house number. Apparently signed for by a doddery, elderly relative but when the more savvy home owner came home from work and saw something they never ordered, they called my phone (number on shipping label) and Mrs NL went and got it on the bike.

OMG!...honest people.... must be a bit of a ball tearer for the Thai bashers.