One night in Malaysia to extend visa

My standard 30 day entrey visa expires on Sep 22 and I was thinking about flying to Kuala Lumpar and staying for one night before re-entering.

Will this allow stay for another 30 days in Thailand? Also will $400 be needed at immigration when returning to Thailand?

Thanks

As stated, a 30-day visa exempt entry (it is not a visa) can be extended for a further 30 days at an immigration office inside Thailand. Leaving the country and returning will allow a new visa exempt entry. It is unlikely immigration on entry will check possession of cash, but prudent to have it just in case. The main thing to appreciate is that the airline, at check in, might want you to have an onward flight out of Thailand within 30 days when planning to enter without a visa.

Can't be Bangkok specific, but my Immigration office require;

Passport 

Copy of Homepage

Copy of Visa exempt stamp

TM6 departure card + copy.

Proof of address.

Maybe someone can tell you what Bangkok will request.

Edited by Tanoshi

I've done it at Chaeng Wattana twice, and it's the same set of requirements.  There's a copy shop in the basement that knows exactly what you need and can do passport photos too.  I have shown up 30 minutes before open to a huge, snaking line; but with a relatively short wait once I got a queue ticket and also I waited until about 10:30AM, and got right in but waited for about an hour for my queue number to come up.  Also don't forget the 1900 baht fee.  There's food and coffee and such, so if you've got a while before your queue number comes up you can go grab a bite or a drink.  Just get an idea of the rate they're calling numbers at and give yourself a big margin in case they speed up.