Graphics Card Help Plz

Sakeopete

I decided to upgrade my graphics card with an Sapphire ATI 1650 Pro AGP 8X card. The drivers will not load, I even went to ATI's site and downloaded them from there but no joy. Anyone have any idea why? My motherboard is an ASUS P4P-800 running 1 GIG of RAM on Windows XP Home Edition. Thanks in advance for any help.

I decided to upgrade my graphics card with an Sapphire ATI 1650 Pro AGP 8X card. The drivers will not load, I even went to ATI's site and downloaded them from there but no joy. Anyone have any idea why? My motherboard is an ASUS P4P-800 running 1 GIG of RAM on Windows XP Home Edition. Thanks in advance for any help.

If you do a google search about your problem, you will notice that it is not a new problem. Actually, I experienced the same problem with an ATI graphics card on an ASUS MB - the problem was solved by exchanging the ATI card for a different brand.

ATI cards are great but are still problematic on some machines. I suggest you change to a different brand.

Guest Reimar

May also check http://www.3dguru.com and look fore better drivers, the DNA drivers are exelent.

Also do an upgarde of the Bios of your ASUS MB.

Not forget to uninstall any display driver in the device manager and after done this directly reboot the computer woithout any driver installed.

First uninstall the old driver and then try to install the new driver.
First uninstall the old driver

somewhere on the ATI site is a download that does this ,

yes you can use add / remove or uninstall but until i found this option i was having probs also .................. :o