Bangkok cops promise to go after foul mouthed mother and son for insulting the police

webfact

Bangkok cops promise to go after foul mouthed mother and son for insulting the police

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GO2hBJXY4v7dfqghHM.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- The head of the Thung Mahamek Station in Bangkok has promised to go after a foul mouthed mother and her son for insulting his men.

Chief Akrawut Thaneerat said on a police social media page that they would be prosecuted to the "fullest extent of the law".

The video has been shared right across Thai social media. The pair were stopped by a policeman doing his morning traffic duty early Monday. neither the mum nor her son were wearing helmets and they didn't have a license plate on the bike.

But despite being in the wrong the cop was given a torrent of abuse being repeatedly referred to as an animal, a water monitor and having rude words directed at him alleging a sexual relationship with a female parent.

They also spat in the policeman's direction.

The mother claimed they were being singled out and that others did not have helmets on and were not being stopped.

Akrawut encouraged his underling to make a formal complaint then said the cops will arrest the pair for insulting a member of the force while he was doing his duty.

The incident happened at the end of Soi Suwansawat in the Rama 4 area at 8am.

Stay tuned for what promises to be an apology and wai-fest at the station tomorrow.

Source: Thai Rath, TNews. Thai Police

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-19

Get over it, bigger fish to fry. What is it with thai police that they throw everything they have at tiny trivial things like hurt feelings whilst major crimes go un investigated or offenders are allowed to catch a flight.  Farang feeding a fish (busted)  foreigners having sex (task force established and manhunt)  make a policeman cry and you're public enemy number one.

28 minutes ago, webfact said:

The mother claimed they were being singled out and that others did not have helmets on and were not being stopped.

Probably so, but sometimes one just has to accept being stopped, accept the punishment (for breaking the law), and get on your way. Answering with abuse, especially with the abhorrant act of spitting at them, is NEVER going to work.

It really the case of sticks and stones... a policeman should really raise

above any verbal abuse and to know how to deal with such low class

people, if the're to prosecute anyone who disrespect them, than they

will have their hands full in never ending litigation.....

A question for you all, what would happen to you if you did this back in your home country? I am sure I would be arrested on the spot especially if I spat at a police officer. 

Thailand is number one in the world for motor bike deaths and we all know what the driving is like here in Thailand, so I am happy to see the police enforce the law at all levels and some people will only learn the hard way to follow the rule of law and that is by paying a fine.  

Give them a couple of weeks in the slammer for obstruction and a couple of grand fine for being a-holes. I know if I spoke this way to a cop this way in any western country I would be in pretty deep poop especially after getting pulled over for breaking the law.

Foul-mouthed mother and son facing insult charges say a big sorry to Bangkok cops

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- The mother and son caught on tape swearing at police yesterday went to apologize in the evening to Thung Mahamek cops.

But they were both still charged with insulting the police

Sarawan and Phai, 19, chatted with station chief Akrawut Thaneerat for an hour before they were charged and allowed to go home. They will appear in court today.

The pair had a fruity exchange of words with a traffic cop earlier yesterday morning after the cop pulled them over on an illegal motorbike. They were complaining that they were not being treated fairly as others had no helmets too and were not being stopped.

The 19 year old spat at officer Suksan Kanyason earning him an assault charge. He was also charged with having no helmet, license or registration plate.

Both mother and son were charged with insulting the police.

The son denied he had said that he was related to the deputy chief at the station as was reported on social media.

Chief Akrawut said this did not need to be such a big issue. He let them go as they had come in of their own accord. No bail was necessary and they would appear in Phra Nakorn South court today.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-19

Having seen the video I was amazed at the patience of the police officer. While I did not understand what the little punk was saying, it did not take long to assess what his body language suggested and when he spat at the policeman he was lucky that he was not knocked to the ground. I suspect that because he was in his territory with his mates to hand and watch he was acting the big "I am". The mother was just as disgusting. Before mocking the policeman have a look at the video.

The words he used were pretty much the worst possible words he could have chosen. 

I saw this earlier on facebook and i just kept thinking what a patient policeman that is, if this was the US he would most certainly be on the ground the moment he spat at him. Or when the mother knocked the phone out of the cops hand.

6 hours ago, inThailand said:

Are the RTP more concerned with their fragile egos over enforcing the laws? 

Er, he was enforcing the law when the mother and son assaulted him.

Try mouthing off profanities and spitting at cops in any country and see how far you get.

5 hours ago, stupidfarang said:

A question for you all, what would happen to you if you did this back in your home country? I am sure I would be arrested on the spot especially if I spat at a police officer. 

Thailand is number one in the world for motor bike deaths and we all know what the driving is like here in Thailand, so I am happy to see the police enforce the law at all levels and some people will only learn the hard way to follow the rule of law and that is by paying a fine.  

You would have been arrested and a anti spit hood would have been put over your head in the UK.

Last week there was a story about a copper making a boy do exercise rather than giving him a ticket. Many of our esteemed members blasted him, using him as an example of why Thai roads will never get any safer.

This guy does his job properly and many of our esteemed members blast him for doing so.

You just cant win.

2 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Guilty Feelings....I wonder what they would do if they know the painful reality that most people talk badly of the police????arrest 80% of the population? ?

They only feel guilty now because the video of them being total scummers went viral. Like I said before, give them a couple of weeks chokey for obstruction and a few grand fine for being dicks.

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

It really the case of sticks and stones... a policeman should really raise

above any verbal abuse and to know how to deal with such low class

people, if the're to prosecute anyone who disrespect them, than they

will have their hands full in never ending litigation.....

It seems the Policeman did rise above the abuse he was facing. He videos their behavior and they are later being prosecuted.

In the UK they'd have probably been assaulted by the Police officer !... 

In the UK another 3 or 4 Police officers, dogs and a Van would have been brought in to arrest the pair...

In this case I side with the BiB who acted professionally and were 'appearing' do to their job. 

That said, most people will assume (and probably correctly so) that this is a shakedown, the BiB are likely to be pocketing the fines.

Regardless, the riders had no license plates, thus no tax, no helmets - their bike should have been confiscated. 

Goes right to another bit of todays news.

Irresponsible Thai parents slammed: Why have kids if you can't teach them right from wrong?

It seems more often than not its the boys. They have been babied from birth and act like 2 year olds most of the time.  Becoming to endemic throughout Thai society.

It's a shame they can't adopt the same attitude and go after a certain few who killed some of their own with the same gusto.  No, that would be too hard, wouldn't it?  I don't condone the spitting but the language bit, give me a break.

Back home in Oz we had to put up with all  this <deleted> and more when confronting offenders.  Sure, we inconvenienced them by arresting and charging them but the courts let them off, telling us that given we were police officers, we should expect this and that we should be tolerant. So in the end,with morons like this, it just became a game of inconvenience, as you knew that the courts would not back you when language was involved.  :wai:

Edited by Si Thea01

I think they both had a point. ok, its not how I would deal with police that are well known for their alternative money making schemes, but

there is all sorts of wrong doings going on on the road, and much of it is dangerous to other road users, which ought be the priority.

dangerous blocking of roads by halfwits that want to eat somewhere or pop into 7-11 etc.

but no helmet is no danger to other drivers.