Warning! Extortion EMail being circulated.

pauleddy

About four days ago, I received another of these scams from the SAME email--DANIEL COHEN  (see my opening of the topic).

This time, however, it was much less threatening. He told me that he made desktop calendars and would give me 1 dollar for every firm or office I supplied details of. He was selling these like hotcakes and I would not want to lose the "opportunity". I have no idea whether these 5$ calendars were in Thai or English, for the New Year or whatever. 

Perhaps gleaning offices or firms' addresses=some kind of fishing expedition, but the font was identical to earlier emails.

Of course, I sent it to the trash box.

Eddy

38 minutes ago, pauleddy said:

About four days ago, I received another of these scams from the SAME email--DANIEL COHEN  (see my opening of the topic).

This time, however, it was much less threatening. He told me that he made desktop calendars and would give me 1 dollar for every firm or office I supplied details of. He was selling these like hotcakes and I would not want to lose the "opportunity". I have no idea whether these 5$ calendars were in Thai or English, for the New Year or whatever. 

Perhaps gleaning offices or firms' addresses=some kind of fishing expedition, but the font was identical to earlier emails.

Of course, I sent it to the trash box.

Eddy

Prove the email content. Why has no victim bothered to paste the contents of the email minus any personal info into this thread?

Strange that.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to spin this as a yarn. There may be Walter Mitty characters in some area of LOS, although I do not count myself in that cohort.

To be honest, I am too busy to make these things up and then to cull my email address and then replace it with another.

Were I to be aware of a serious bomb threat or plot, I would call the police. With these "Nigerian" or similar scams, I am content simply to warn others. As we can see, 3-4 others have been targetted: perhaps we are all taking too much Zolpidem and doing strange things over which we have no control. However, I give fellow affectees the benefit of the doubt. I'm not alone in Las Vegas, firing off scam e-mails.

Just now, pauleddy said:

I have neither the time nor the inclination to spin this as a yarn. There may be Walter Mitty characters in some area of LOS, although I do not count myself in that cohort.

To be honest, I am too busy to make these things up and then to cull my email address and then replace it with another.

Were I to be aware of a serious bomb threat or plot, I would call the police. With these "Nigerian" or similar scams, I am content simply to warn others. As we can see, 3-4 others have been targetted: perhaps we are all taking too much Zolpidem and doing strange things over which we have no control. However, I give fellow affectees the benefit of the doubt. I'm not alone in Las Vegas, firing off scam e-mails.

You have the time to defend your inability to copy and paste an email. but you have the time to type your defence.

Hilarious.

To paraphrase Voltaire, I might not agree with your opinion, although I would fight unto death to allow you to have it.

To paraphrase me, I think you must have a lot of time on your hands. In over 35 years of having computers, going back to Amstrad green screens, I have received dozens of scams from Nigeria or otherwise. I am not at all worried about on-line rubbish. I only wished to inform others.

Yours in Hilarity!

Just now, pauleddy said:

To paraphrase Voltaire, I might not agree with your opinion, although I would fight unto death to allow you to have it.

To paraphrase me, I think you must have a lot of time on your hands. In over 35 years of having computers, going back to Amstrad green screens, I have received dozens of scams from Nigeria or otherwise. I am not at all worried about on-line rubbish. I only wished to inform others.

Yours in Hilarity!

Keeps digging. So you have been used to these scam emails all these years but you felt this one deserved a mention. Makes complete sense.

Indeed. This original one re. lese-majeste justified a comment, merely because of the current political climate. Many farang have made innocent comments or bar-room jokes, without being aware of the "perceptions maintained by the current administration". To know that several people have received emails "denouncing" them with "evidence"...I feel deserves a mention.

Were it the case that I had yet another email telling me that I am mentioned in the will of the Queen of Tonga (God luv 'er) and to please send my bank details, I would be laughing to the same extent that you are being cynical. And, I would most certainly not waste my bandwidth in sniping at those who feel some sort of responsibility to inform, even if, like myself, they do not wish to use broken Thai while explaining dodgy emails for four hours in Sutthisan Police Station.

But, as Mr V said, you are entitled to your opinion and blah, blah....I have no axe to grind with your goodself. You may think what you like. But we can see from the above entries that several people are receiving dodgy emails of various provenance. Maybe I am being too civic-minded and I need to get out more....

Rest my Case.

15 hours ago, pauleddy said:

Yours in Hilarity!

If you have that much experience it is very easy and fast to deliver the mail. :saai: