Did AIS get rid of their cheap 7 day packages?

dubyadee

9 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

*777*7137# 99 baht ( 105 with tax )unlimited internet for 7 days 1 mbps on 4G , drops down to 385 kbps on 3G.

there's also an 89 baht version of this which is constantly at 512 kbps.

What you meant to write is that if their device is not capable of 4G on a Thailand network, their speed will be limited to 384 kbps.

In that case better off just using *777*7098# which gives you the 1 Mbps unlimited package on 3G at the same price of 105.93 baht

8 minutes ago, JamJar said:

*777*7009# is the code for the 512kbps package. But for a 10.7 baht difference, hardly worth the bother of having half the bandwidth.

Yes, i did have the 89 baht package until I found the 99 baht package. 

I find the AIS site to be poor and would like to discover a comprehensive list of all packages available.

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I find the AIS site to be poor and would like to discover a comprehensive list of all packages available.

Of course you would :smile: He who seeks shall find.

AIS did not get rid of their cheap plans, though when I landed at Suvarnabhumi in August the absolutely straight faced told me they had. They told me only expensive 30 day packages were available.

Their 7 and 10 day packages are much better, you can access these from their website and even subscribe from their website. Even better, find out the codes before putting in the new card, insert the new card and top up, then send the new plan code.

Don't listen to AIS retail staff, especially at Suvarnabhumi - they are only interested in being dishonest and ripping "aliens" off.

On 9/20/2017 at 1:05 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

I don't access the AIS website to buy/renew my internet packages...it is a nightmare to navigate...possibly the most cluttered website pages in the world ...I digress.....

To obtain a comprehensive list of the packages available including the cost (spoken to you via your phone in good English)  Dial the AIS Call Centre number 1175......put your phone on speaker...and tab the menu numbers as you see fit.

The service you select is up and running on your phone within seconds of selecting it.

Just make sure you have enough credit on your phone to cover the service you select.

4 Mbit/s flat, 7 days, 150 B (+tax): *777*7154#        (I use that when travelling)

6 Mbit/s flat, 7 days, 189 B (+tax): *777*7210#

Somewhat cheaper if you book for 30 days:

4 Mbit/s flat, 30 days, 450 B (+tax): *777*7155#

6 Mbit/s flat, 30 days, 550 B (+tax): *777*7211#

flat: no volume limit, tax 7%

1 hour ago, KIWIBATCH said:

Just make sure you have enough credit on your phone to cover the service you select.

And don't forget that all advertised mobile and internet rates (all companies) are excl. tax (7%).

So 100 Baht is not good enough to book a 99 Baht package.

On 19.9.2017 at 11:39 PM, dubyadee said:

I've been using a 89 baht 3GB  plan --  (*788*4066#). But it recently stopped working. Anyone know what is up? What cheap packages do you use?

Cheers

To come back to your original question:

I could not find a current package with the same or better conditions (max speed, 7 days, 3 GB, 89 Baht).

So it indeed looks like they have abolished that.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

To come back to your original question:

I could not find a current package with the same or better conditions (max speed, 7 days, 3 GB, 89 Baht).

So it indeed looks like they have abolished that.

Maybe they meant 3G, not 3GB. :smile:

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Know OP inquired about 7 day, but got this from AIS yesterday.

AIS New Arrival! Non-stop net max speed 1Mbps (No throttle) for 30days only 300B. Press *777*7153# to subscribe.

Already posted many times. 321 baht inc VAT.

On 9/20/2017 at 1:05 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/addon/en/index.html

Click on Mao Mao Internet, or Mao Mao Non-stop sections for latest packages

In AIS type in *501# and send.  You will then be able to choose the data package that you want and select how long you want it for and the quantity of data in a set of steps.

Go here:  http://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package and select EN to get English to see the options.  Shows you the information in a table, which I find easier to read.

17 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

4 Mbit/s flat, 7 days, 150 B (+tax): *777*7154#        (I use that when travelling)

6 Mbit/s flat, 7 days, 189 B (+tax): *777*7210#

Somewhat cheaper if you book for 30 days:

4 Mbit/s flat, 30 days, 450 B (+tax): *777*7155#

6 Mbit/s flat, 30 days, 550 B (+tax): *777*7211#

flat: no volume limit, tax 7%

Do these packages roll over or stop automatically?

14 hours ago, JamJar said:

Already posted many times. 321 baht inc VAT.

Reckon if by "many", you mean one...mine...then you are correct in some bizarre way. There aren't even that many posts in the entire thread...and most are nonsense from you. :1zgarz5:

2 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Do these packages roll over or stop automatically?

No automatic rollover (from experience with the first in the list).

Not convenient for those who want permanent mobile data.

Current package can be checked with:

*121*32#

Dumb enough they only show the expiry date (not exact time), so you have to look at the SMS that you received after booking.

22 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Reckon if by "many", you mean one...mine...then you are correct in some bizarre way. There aren't even that many posts in the entire thread...and most are nonsense from you. :1zgarz5:

By nonsense do you mean supplying on topic codes related to a 7 day package, which is the topic in question?

Perhaps you meant someone posting a monthly package in relation to someone asking about a replacement for a weekly package?

I meant that it isn't a "New Arrival". It has been posted many times. Since the question related to a 7 day package, I restricted my replies to that.

Hopefully if he comes back, he can give some more detail as to what is needed.

Thanks for your "breaking news".