Indian tourist loses B5,000 to snatcher in Pattaya

webfact

Indian tourist loses B5,000 to snatcher in Pattaya

By Thai PBS

india.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A young Indian tourist had only 20 baht left in his pocket after a motorcycle taxi driver snatched 5,000 baht from him while he was about to pay for his service after a ride in Pattaya, Chon Buri, early on Tuesday (Sept 20).

The incident occurred at about 2.30am in front of a hotel in Soi 9, South Pattaya.

Pattaya police rushed to the spot on being informed of the theft. They found the Indian tourist, Vivek Yadav, 28, standing there, crying over the loss of his money.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/indian-tourist-loses-b5000-snatcher-pattaya/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-09-21

Just love the descriptive writing in this article.

"Vivek Yadav, 28, standing there, crying over the loss of his money."

5000 bht ain't the end of the world but even the OP might cry if this happened to him/her.

Seems to me some things are better left unwritten....

Late advice for the guy but discuss the fare before setting off, and have a sufficient few notes separate from your main stash to pay him at the end of your journey. I often have 100 baht scrunched in my hand as the wind blows in my hair! And don't end up in an argument at the destination or attempt to pay less than agreed.

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Just love the descriptive writing in this article.

"Vivek Yadav, 28, standing there, crying over the loss of his money."

5000 bht ain't the end of the world but even the OP might cry if this happened to him/her.

Seems to me some things are better left unwritten....

"5000 bht ain't the end of the world "

Not to you (or many of us) maybe...

1 hour ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Some guys here are real morans. 5000B could be his last dosh...maybe he is flying out the following day or 2....maybe he is on a shoestring budget as many young people do have small budget.

I wonder what some would say if he was an English boy??

Same thing I said... I was criticizing the OP for putting emphasis on the fact that the guy was crying. 5000 bht to me is significant. Saying he was crying was better left unsaid...

1 hour ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Some guys here are real morans. 5000B could be his last dosh...maybe he is flying out the following day or 2....maybe he is on a shoestring budget as many young people do have small budget.

I wonder what some would say if he was an English boy??

An English "boy" would not be crying over 5000thb