confusion about the address notification

Good morning all,

I'm a long time resident granted with a year extension based on marriage and, as everybody else, I've notified my address to the immigration office years ago providing a rental contract etc. when they enforced the dormant law. Yesterday an acquaintance of mine, told me that, according to what an immigration officer told him, I should report my address, even if it is the same, every time I leave and return to Thailand or I can face a 14k baht fine. Since I reported the first time, I left the country several times and nobody ever told me nothing about it, even when I renewed my year extensions or applied for re-entry permits. Can anyone please clarify this confusing aspect of this law?
Thanks 

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Phuket has been wanting a report after leaving and re-entering the country. 

There is no way for there to be a 14k baht fine for not doing the report. That is utter nonsense. The max fine for an individual is 2000 baht.

wow... it sounded so odd to me, I guess at this stage it's better if I report next month when I'll leave and re-enter after one week... what do you think?

5 minutes ago, GuestForLife said:

wow... it sounded so odd to me, I guess at this stage it's better if I report next month when I'll leave and re-enter after one week... what do you think?

The enforcement seems to be random. For those on extensions of stay and using re-entry permits for entry they don't seem to be as strict as for others.

• Like 1

Yes report within 24 hrs or if on a weekend the following working day requiring a TM 30 to be filled out (search Forum)

You will be reporting to the Immi Police (should be located at Immi Office ) not actually to immi where you no doubt do everything else = This may be why they never worried as it may be on a different computer system OR as Joe replied whilst I was writing this

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The enforcement seems to be random. For those on extensions of stay and using re-entry permits for entry they don't seem to be as strict as for others.

That's why I was so surprised, I applied for a re-entry last month and the officer did not point out that to me... Thank you very much to you and @jeab1980

2 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Yes report within 24 hrs or if on a weekend the following working day requiring a TM 30 to be filled out (search Forum)

You will be reporting to the Immi Police (should be located at Immi Office ) not actually to immi where you no doubt do everything else = This may be why they never worried as it may be on a different computer system OR as Joe replied whilst I was writing this

actually even the form is different for phuket... thanks for your help

3 hours ago, BEVUP said:

What?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TerryLH said:

What?

Have you done a Tm 30 before 

You may notice (unless it's different in various places ) that you are actually sitting in front of the Immi Police ,  ( who may file these in a section on the computer) not freely available to the Officers that do Visa Extensions unless checked

So maybe unless the officers that do your Extensions checked they wont bother

& also it is not any Immi Officers to point this out to us as it is a Thai Law concerning the owner of the property you are residing at

Wife only got fined once after not reporting me on a TM 30 after going to Lao for Visa ( I just had to pay )

58 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Have you done a Tm 30 before 

You may notice (unless it's different in various places ) that you are actually sitting in front of the Immi Police ,  ( who may file these in a section on the computer) not freely available to the Officers that do Visa Extensions unless checked

So maybe unless the officers that do your Extensions checked they wont bother

No immigration officer which are all part of the Thai police force  at our place does TM30/extensions/90 day reports. Immigration officers (immigration police) and at ours they can freely pull up tm30/ immigration files on you.

Edited by jeab1980

2 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

No immigration officer which are all part of the Thai police force  at our place does TM30/extensions/90 day reports. Immigration officers (immigration police) and at ours they can freely pull up tm30/ immigration files on you.

Yes I know they're all part of the same force but at my local you go to a different room & do the TM 30 & you never see them at any of the desks where you do your Ext or 90's

4 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Yes I know they're all part of the same force but at my local you go to a different room & do the TM 30 & you never see them at any of the desks where you do your Ext or 90's

Not the same everywhere i can assure you plus the ones doing extensions will be able to see anything that has been inputed on your files  on computer

I have wondered about this. I travel frequently and never file a TM30 when I return. I have never been fined or questioned about it. If they had a functioning web site that allowed you to complete the application I wouldn't mind at all., but shanking 2 hours each way to the nearest immigration office when I come back from visiting home is nonsense.

4 minutes ago, retarius said:

I have wondered about this. I travel frequently and never file a TM30 when I return. I have never been fined or questioned about it. If they had a functioning web site that allowed you to complete the application I wouldn't mind at all., but shanking 2 hours each way to the nearest immigration office when I come back from visiting home is nonsense.

Where are you based? Which immigration office

Edited by jeab1980

3 minutes ago, retarius said:

Not all offices want a new report every time you enter the country. Many only want it done if you change addresses.

I did a 3 days trip out of LOS 2 weeks ago.  I checked with Immigation at Pattaya before I left and the lady there told me that up to 4 days out of the country was fine, but any time over 4 days you should report returning to your old address and have the notification recipt in your passport stamped to that effect at the immigation office.  

45 minutes ago, nonwanfai said:

You are reporting your address with the Arrival/Departure-Card!!!

Whilst i agree this reporting is silly if your going back to your home. TM6 means sod all you could put anything you want on there.

Edited by jeab1980

4 minutes ago, nonwanfai said:

Do you mean your home in Thailand or abroad? Arriving in Thailand you are filling out the TM6 and these dates will be stored in the Immigration System. Believe me ;-)

TM6 is irrelevant, over 4 days, you must report to immigration, that was the message loud and clear from Immigration Pattaya . 

14 minutes ago, nonwanfai said:

Do you mean your home in Thailand or abroad? Arriving in Thailand you are filling out the TM6 and these dates will be stored in the Immigration System. Believe me ;-)

They dobstorevthem but you can put any address down on the card. 

18 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

TM6 is irrelevant, over 4 days, you must report to immigration, that was the message loud and clear from Immigration Pattaya . 

Now this is to all 

Do not listen to any of the rubbish that different Immi officers located at any province tell you because the TM 30 has nothing to do with you

The law is for the owner of the dwelling to report you on the Tm30 form to Immi within 24 hrs of you residing at that dwelling

So for example if you stay with wife/ GF or at a hotel it is up to them to do this or they will be fined usually 800 bht thats why i didn't worry when they were fining my wife ( nothing against me I just had to pay it for her )

1 minute ago, BEVUP said:

Now this is to all 

Do not listen to any of the rubbish that different Immi officers located at any province tell you because the TM 30 has nothing to do with you

The law is for the owner of the dwelling to report you on the Tm30 form to Immi within 24 hrs of you residing at that dwelling

So for example if you stay with wife/ GF or at a hotel it is up to them to do this or they will be fined usually 800 bht thats why i didn't worry when they were fining my wife ( nothing against me I just had to pay it for her )

Sorry your right and wrong i will listen to my immigrstion office. Who tell us we do not need to do a TM 30 everybtime we leave the country as long as im going back to the address i have already lodged with them.

Some do some dont TIT

up to you just hope you dont get fined when your picked up by the police if they really want to check you out

The Immi officers wont care & neither will the police

Iv, e been coming here for 9yrs every mth & have had to do them when they came into effect every time 

Last time the wife got fined so come Nov when I skip across the Lao border I have to do again

PS: Same address 

Edited by BEVUP