confusion about the address notification

10 minutes ago, Oztruckie said:

Last time I done notification address,TM30 form at Jomtien, immi officer advised its not required if I'm outside the kingdom for less than 14 days,seems different officer has different rules.

& I' m trying to say maybe if you step outside your province (lets say you went up to BKK ) where they are stopping Farangs & checking their PP that they may not care what your local said as the law is the law

11 hours ago, GuestForLife said:

That's why I was so surprised, I applied for a re-entry last month and the officer did not point out that to me... Thank you very much to you and @jeab1980

They've started this up only recently in Phuket (cue pedants on 'recent'). I am in the same boat but no one I know has been fined yet. One friend has been back in the country a couple of weeks and wasn't aware of the change- he went into the Phuket Town office and sorted it out without any problems.

I'm just going to be contrite and polite and sort it on on my 90 day report.

Edited by Psimbo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Now this is to all 

Do not listen to any of the rubbish that different Immi officers located at any province tell you because the TM 30 has nothing to do with you

The law is for the owner of the dwelling to report you on the Tm30 form to Immi within 24 hrs of you residing at that dwelling

So for example if you stay with wife/ GF or at a hotel it is up to them to do this or they will be fined usually 800 bht thats why i didn't worry when they were fining my wife ( nothing against me I just had to pay it for her )

I received a company memo marked important about this 2 years back. It states that every time I leave the country and return I must immediately remind the office to update immigration and make sure its been done. This includes short trips to Singapore and Hong Kong.

I think you are wise to take this seriously.

3 hours ago, BEVUP said:

The law is for the owner of the dwelling  ...                     The law is for the owner of the dwelling to report you on the Tm30 form to Immi within 24 hrs of you residing at that dwelling

And for those of us who own our "dwelling?"

All I've ever done is bring along a copy of my condo deed and a recent utility bill when doing my annual extension. Jomtien Immigrations has been fine with that. 

3 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Do not listen to any of the rubbish that different Immi officers ...

Are you unable to spell "immigration?" I/O is the less taxing term.

If they require something I'm obliged to listen to them even if  they happen to be seated in a different room and if they don't require something I go along with that too. 

I agree that we shouldn't listen to rubbish from unreliable sources no matter how opinionated they are.

On 9/21/2017 at 8:15 AM, GuestForLife said:

wow... it sounded so odd to me, I guess at this stage it's better if I report next month when I'll leave and re-enter after one week... what do you think?

Same thing happened to me earlier this year I live in Chiang Mai province went across to Burma for half a day next time I did the 90 day reporting the local immigration office picked it up 

The arrival cards are barcoded which is how they link you

The report had to be filedby the registered house owner which in my case is my wife

• Like 1