A sex worker admits selling sex to feed family despite knowing she has HIV

webfact

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Optimistic I believe.

You do not include bisexual men?

Nevertheless that group, (gay and bisexual men)  in the last statistics I read, did account for 83% of male HIV cases, but what of the other  17%?

The risk is substantially less, but far from zero.

Have you forgotten intravenous drug use which would be most of that 17%. Then there is that small portion attributed to accidental transmission from exposure to contaminated blood, as in needle stick, bites,etc.

8 minutes ago, halloween said:

Have you forgotten intravenous drug use which would be most of that 17%. Then there is that small portion attributed to accidental transmission from exposure to contaminated blood, as in needle stick, bites,etc.

Straw clutching of infected straws?

• Like 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

Straw clutching of infected straws?

No, just pointing out that you have presented no proof that the 17% you quoted have been infected during heterosexual intercourse. Nearly all "hetero" men who have denied homosexual contact have admitted they lied before death.

6 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Ok troll how can it be lets do a simple sum for you take away the lower number from the higher number ok so far have you writen then down? Now do the sum it comes to? Yes thats correct 2500 more heterosexuals have HIV 

Moondoggies's original post was stupid and crass to say the least, but you don't help the argument by posting half-truths. The study that you refer to states that 49,500 heterosexual MEN and WOMEN are living with HIV.

The same study also says, "In 2015, 54% of new HIV diagnoses were among men who have sex with men." (so he misquoted information - just like you) ,"Gay and bisexual men remain the group who are most affected by HIV and at the highest risk of contracting the virus, particularly from men who are unaware of their infection."

This does not, however, mean that HIV is a "gay man's disease", but you are statistically more at risk if you are a man having sex with other men. Science 'n all :coffee1:

Link to report: http://www.tht.org.uk/~/media/Files/2016 HIV and STI bulletins/HIV in the UK 2016.pdf

Just now, SABloke said:

Moondoggies's original post was stupid and crass to say the least, but you don't help the argument by posting half-truths. The study that you refer to states that 49,500 heterosexual MEN and WOMEN are living with HIV.

The same study also says, "In 2015, 54% of new HIV diagnoses were among men who have sex with men." (so he misquoted information - just like you) ,"Gay and bisexual men remain the group who are most affected by HIV and at the highest risk of contracting the virus, particularly from men who are unaware of their infection."

This does not, however, mean that HIV is a "gay man's disease", but you are statistically more at risk if you are a man having sex with other men. Science 'n all :coffee1:

Link to report: http://www.tht.org.uk/~/media/Files/2016 HIV and STI bulletins/HIV in the UK 2016.pdf

I didnt post any figures whatsoever i mearly responded to the figures that he was arguing about posted by another poster. You really do need to read the full thread before making accusations 

3 minutes ago, halloween said:

No, just pointing out that you have presented no proof that the 17% you quoted have been infected during heterosexual intercourse. Nearly all "hetero" men who have denied homosexual contact have admitted they lied before death.

Actually I presented no statement along those lines either. It would be very difficult to attribute their infection so specifically. Personally I would reject unprotected intercourse with a woman who admitted prior HIV infection, as I believe would many men. 

Statistics on this are likely very suspect and I agree on that.

Just now, jeab1980 said:

I didnt post any figures whatsoever i mearly responded to the figures that he was arguing about posted by another poster. You really do need to read the full thread before making accusations 

"Ok troll how can it be lets do a simple sum for you take away the lower number from the higher number ok so far have you writen then down? Now do the sum it comes to? Yes thats correct 2500 more heterosexuals have HIV"

Accusations? The figures you used come from a study. Fact.

You really do need to check figures you 'respond to' (just in case you end up with egg on your face). And here this forum was telling me on Thais can't take responsibility when the make small errors :whistling:  

15 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Really, you don't this straight guys have anal sex?

Surveys, released last year, showed that 38.2 percent of men between 20 ... 32.6 percent of women ages 18 to 44 engage in heterosexual anal sex.

Around 47,000 gay or bisexual men and around 49,500 heterosexuals were estimated to be living with HIV in the UK by the end of 2015.

This is what i was resonding to as the troll was. Whos a thai and i made no error show me the link in the above post for me to refer too! Egg on face indeed

Edited by jeab1980

1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

This is what i was resonding to as the troll was. Whos a thai and i made no error show me the link in the above post for me to refer too! Egg on face indeed

http://i-base.info/htb/30775.  54% percent of people infected in the UK are gay men. The rest are men and women heterosexuals. Iv drug users, and people who received infected blood.

Edited by moondoggie

16 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

I know people selling noodles on the street for whole life with an investment of 5000 baht.

Thailand is not a difficult place make some money, there is enough life, depends on what you choose.......

Oh I didn't realise I thought her only option was hooking.. and here I was telling my 3 daughters "girls drop out of the school as you don't need a degree at Patpong".

1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

Heterosexuals include both men and women! So that is why twice as many gay men have hiv as non gay men.

Hiv stat thread now.

None of it should matter really just in case some are trying to justify their behavior.

Can you catch it from one unprotected sexual encounter with any infected sex partner?

Yes.

What else does one need to know?

No judgement just realize it is a risky activity that can dramatically change your life.

• Thanks 1

On 21/09/2017 at 7:44 AM, jeab1980 said:

The most pathetic, homophobic, misinformed, utter garbage i have had the total displeasure to read in a long long time.

But it got you the likes you crave thigh slapper so it all worked out in the end. Predictable 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

The usual horde of paying customers will, of course claim sex with prostitutes is safe.

Let's just hope the vast majority of tv posters are not morons.

picture a bloke at 22/23 years of age going into the courtyard clinic in tooting surrounded by skag addicts. knew he'd done wrong on many occasions and was expecting a positive result(about 15 years ago after 2 years since the last unprotected encounter to be sure) give blood, go back an hour later(5 pints in that hour, scared beyond belief). lesson learnt. call it luck but you know if you contracted it you had no one else to blame but yourself. there are posts that you can live a normal life, rubbish. you'll be ok but it's not normal. it's just better than being diagnosed with cancer

3 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

The reply to the above by non other than

The second most pathetic. Utter garbage post i have had the misfortune to read. 

But given the posters history what can one expect.

Jeab has figured out what a spell check is and learns fairly fast. Gone from utter drivel to drivel in a month. How long can it last. 

• 5 months later...
On 21/09/2017 at 1:39 PM, moondoggie said:

I never use a condom. hiv is very hard for a man to get from a woman. Its a gay mans disease.

There is a lot to be said about that. But you are not entirely wrong.

First, wearing the primary reason to wear a condom isn't to protect yourself it is your duty not to contribute in the spread of the disease.

The risk to catch aids through a single insertive vaginal intercourse, with an infected partner, is about one in 2000. So imagine you bareback a girl from Nana/Rainbow what are the chances she has HIV? my guess is between 5 to 10%, so your risk is between 1/20000  and 1/10000. You can catch aids from a woman, indeed...

Happened to me recently, bought condoms and KY before going to my room with one of those girls. Got carried away, went anal bareback. When letting off the steam, I realised that she had asked for privacy in the bathroom before we got going, and her ugly teeth indeed looked like a meth mouth. I did a quick evaluation. Risk of transmission for insertive anal is given at 1/200 (not 1/2000) conservatively I gave her a 1/2 chance to be HIV+ so that was 1/400 not 1/20000 anymore, indeed you can catch it from a woman. Next day I went to HIV clinic for PEP.

And yes those who say it is a gay disease are right in a way, since what happened to me with that Nana girl, is the norm of the gay world. To make it worse, extreme rough sex increases the risks tremendously and goes on, day in, day out. No pun intended.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Wonder how many guys riding bareback have wives they go home to? 

So many.  Many many many.

Many would be shocked I think.

Maybe the biggest lie in Thailand by far by Falang is "I always glove up".

10 years almost now for me asking girls.  Asking guys with their lies.

The major by far go bareback.

Believe what you want this country is big time BB.......and liar Falang regarding this

topic. 

Edited by bkk6060

• 4 weeks later...

Unoficially I believe that Thailand is on the list of the most HIV infected countries. Now I am married and loyal to my wife, but when I was single here, and by my notes, I had sex with more than 40 mature woman, no bar girls. I used condoms most of the times, but NEVER was asked to do it. I know that some of those women were farang serial daters.

Not to use protection dating women in Thailand is a death wish.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2017 at 1:44 PM, jeab1980 said:

The most pathetic, homophobic, misinformed, utter garbage i have had the total displeasure to read in a long long time.

Of course, he is silly not to wear a condom. But he is right about relatively low odds of becoming infected through vaginal sex. He is also right, to an extent, about the role of homosexual men in spreading the disease - at least in LOS.

Key affected populations in Thailand

Men who have sex with men (MSM) and HIV

Of all new infections, 50% were among men who have sex with men (sometimes referred to as MSM), male sex workers, and transgender people, making this population a priority for prevention work. - source Avert. For the full report go to: https://www.avert.org/professionals/hiv-around-world/asia-pacific/thailand

Facts are facts, however unpalatable they may be to some of us, and we ignore them at our peril.

On 9/21/2017 at 11:02 AM, SABloke said:

No other alternatives? Well if her parents are too elderly to do part time work to help her, I would guess that she is 50ish which means that her kids are 20ish and thus able to help her with part time work as well? Of course this is pure speculation and it is also possible that here parents only had her when they were forty plus and she is early 30s so her kids are young.

It is probably highly unlikely that here parent are under 70 right? Right? It just seems that people get very old very fast in this country when I look at similar aged people from the west. But then I also see my MIL (68) who still works as a part-time teacher, her sister (70) who still works as a part-time nurse and all the cleaning ladies around that work there <deleted> off, so again - I really hope her parents are awfully old to put their daughter through this "only alternative" to feed them.

My thai husband mother is 92. 

She has several jobs for supporting herself. 

She sells organic vegetables. Collects and sells recycled products. 

Thai massage for health. 

And used to do some childcare work. 

We have never had to support her. Though we don't mind. I don't know why 18 year olds are considered incapable of work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...