September 21, 20179 yr My mate is looking for a new visa after finishing works. Where is the best place in Laos, Vietienne or Savannakhet to get a double entry tourist visa. Thanks
September 21, 20179 yr A 2 entry tourist visa is not available any where. Only a single entry tourist visa is available since the multiple entry tourist visa became available (November 2015) that can only be applied for in your home country. Vientiane be the best choice to get the single entry visa.
September 21, 20179 yr 4 hours ago, 2008bangkok said: My mate is looking for a new visa after finishing works. Where is the best place in Laos, Vietienne or Savannakhet to get a double entry tourist visa. Thanks He can get a single entry TV in Laos good for 60 days and it can be extended at immigration in Thailand for an additional 30 days for 1900 baht.
September 21, 20179 yr I feel so glad that when I went to Vientiane I applied for the SETV, because I spent a bit debating if I should get the METV for 5,000 Baht or SETV for 1,000 Baht but then I ended up checking the SETV. God knows what kind of problems and how much money I would have lost if I submitted my application for METV and got denied because I didn't know that I can only apply for it in my home country. So really I had No options to choose from anyways when i did my Visa run. The only choice is SETV and that's it. If I planned to travel within the 60 days then I would be forced to pay the fee for the Re-entry permit to keep my SETV valid upon re-entering the country.
September 21, 20179 yr 26 minutes ago, acenase said: I feel so glad that when I went to Vientiane I applied for the SETV, because I spent a bit debating if I should get the METV for 5,000 Baht or SETV for 1,000 Baht but then I ended up checking the SETV. God knows what kind of problems and how much money I would have lost if I submitted my application for METV and got denied because I didn't know that I can only apply for it in my home country. Just curious; has anyone had their Thailand visa denied, and they actually kept the money?
September 21, 20179 yr 48 minutes ago, acenase said: I feel so glad that when I went to Vientiane I applied for the SETV, because I spent a bit debating if I should get the METV for 5,000 Baht or SETV for 1,000 Baht but then I ended up checking the SETV. God knows what kind of problems and how much money I would have lost if I submitted my application for METV and got denied because I didn't know that I can only apply for it in my home country. So really I had No options to choose from anyways when i did my Visa run. The only choice is SETV and that's it. If I planned to travel within the 60 days then I would be forced to pay the fee for the Re-entry permit to keep my SETV valid upon re-entering the country. They will not accept an application from you for an METV there, unless you are a resident of Laos. In a worst-case (which I have experienced applying for an SETV), when you come to pick up your passport on day-2, they don't ask for payment, give you your passport back and say "sorry, can't do it because ..." Edited September 21, 20179 yr by JackThompson
Create an account or sign in to comment