Recommendations for a shower heater and bath heater.

nong38

After looking on the Home Pro website and maing a few possibilities, we set off for the HOme Pro yesterday, in the shop range was much smaller. They had a promotion with a firm called Rinnannia which the salesman rushed us towards. took the front off and told us it was not just strong but double strong! It was so strong that it looked as if any turbulence would break it and with a qtee of only a month, we moved on to Steibol Eltron (?) which Is what I noted and then bought a WS 45 model 4500w for the shower.

I then enquired about a bath heater for a few months time and saw the Mazzuma stream 2 plus. A girl came up and said if you buy both now you get another 500bts off so we went for that as well, 500bts to fit both which they did this afternoon, rolled up 10 minutes early all done in 1 and 1/2 hours. The little lady is more than happy although we might have a more pretty water hose to the shower head in the new year I expect.

Still good service from Home Pro and hopefully two products with long life, so thanks for all your help and advice on here, I shall enjoy, as always, reading my book in the bath tonight!

If anyone likes a good read then I recommend an author called Daniel Silva who writes good yarns about Gabrael Allon, an art restorer come Israeli spy.............tonights adventure is called the English Spy, keep your eyes peeled!!

Edited by nong38
missing words and letters

• 3 months later...
On 9/22/2017 at 5:25 AM, Crossy said:

We have two Mazuma Power-Stream+2 multipoint heaters, at 8kW they actually rarely get used on full blast. I bought them because they are small and neat. Five years with no issues.

https://www.homepro.co.th/product/260931

260931.jpg

Hi Crossy, Just had a look at these units at Homepro according to staff they have the best water flow. They also showed me a chart that stated that should use 6mm2 cable...is that the correct size for an 8.0kw unit? Thanks.

10 hours ago, Crocbait said:

Hi Crossy, Just had a look at these units at Homepro according to staff they have the best water flow. They also showed me a chart that stated that should use 6mm2 cable...is that the correct size for an 8.0kw unit? Thanks.

8kW is about 36A @ 220V.

If installing a new run then 6mm2 is the correct cable, put it on a 40A breaker.

If you already have a run of 4mm2 installed it will actually be fine, it's right on the line/slight overload (depends upon actual cable type), it will get warm, again on a 40A breaker.

Anything smaller will need replacing.

On 9/26/2017 at 5:06 AM, mouldy said:

Hi, been here over 25 yrs, These electric instant heaters just do not cut it for me, I used gas at home, for many years until we had pressure problems.

Now I shower and bath on the 3rd story shophouse with a water tank, I for get how big250 ltr or 380 0r 500. Many different brands I think the one I bought was from Malaysia. Turn the switch on for 5 minutes for a steaming hot shower, maybe a little longer for a bath. The tank is installed only a couple of foot above the shower head, best pressure shower I have purchased yet! about the same price as instant hotwater 10 times better!!!!!

You must have hot and cold water taps though as it is way tooo!! hot I use less than half hot full cold for shower! More hot for bath!

Only way to go......check them out have Siebel also

Sorry but you are not going to heat 500 ltrs, 380 ltr or even 250 lts of water in 5 minutes, not even in one hour with a 3,000 watt electric immersion heater.

Are you talking Gas and have you got a link?

I am reading how some of you say you have 3 No 8,000 watt National Panasonic showers/water heaters.

8,000 watt / 220v => 36 Amp x 3 No. =>  108 Amp.

Isn't the mains supply only 50 Amp?

i.e.  Surely your main incoming fuse would blow/trip if you turn on all 3 showers?

Crosby is stating 8,000 watt shower unit = 40 Amp fuse (makes sense) and 6mm cable.

So would a 6,000 watt shower unit be covered by a 32 Amp fuse (MCB) and 4mm cable?

22 minutes ago, Cashboy said:

I am reading how some of you say you have 3 No 8,000 watt National Panasonic showers/water heaters.

8,000 watt / 220v => 36 Amp x 3 No. =>  108 Amp.

Isn't the mains supply only 50 Amp?

i.e.  Surely your main incoming fuse would blow/trip if you turn on all 3 showers?

Crosby is stating 8,000 watt shower unit = 40 Amp fuse (makes sense) and 6mm cable.

So would a 6,000 watt shower unit be covered by a 32 Amp fuse (MCB) and 4mm cable?

Diversity factor to take into consideration.

1 hour ago, Cashboy said:

6000/220 = 27A, fine on a 32A and 4mm2 cable.

@xylophone is quite correct that we have to take into account "diversity" (not all on at once). UK "wisdom" puts diversity of instant water heaters as "100% full load of largest appliance plus 100% full load of 2nd largest appliance plus 25% full load of remaining appliance."

Which for 3 x 8kW gives, 8000 + 8000 + 2000 = 18kW =  81A still way larger than your 50A incomer. So either risk the incomer opening, get a 100A supply or maybe add a shower priority unit that only allows 1 on at once.

Most of us would risk opening the incomer.

On 2/3/2018 at 7:04 AM, Crossy said:

8kW is about 36A @ 220V.

If installing a new run then 6mm2 is the correct cable, put it on a 40A breaker.

If you already have a run of 4mm2 installed it will actually be fine, it's right on the line/slight overload (depends upon actual cable type), it will get warm, again on a 40A breaker.

Thanks Crossy.

Had the cable changed last year to 6mm for a siemens 6000kw multipoint. Good small unit but not a great water flow. Hoping the Mazuma Redring will be better.

Home pro staff amazingly also advised 40A breaker.

On 2/3/2018 at 1:04 AM, Crossy said:

8kW is about 36A @ 220V.

Not to forget to make a GOOD ground or use differential switch (even better)

table of power and wiring:

AMPS

0 A - 10 A

WIRE DIAM IN SQ MM

1 mm2

LONGER THEN  25 M

1,5 mm2

10 A - 16 A 1,5 mm2 2,5 mm2
16 A - 25 A 2,5 mm2 4 mm2
25 A - 32 A 4 mm2 6 mm2
40 A 6 mm2 10 mm2
40 A - 63 A 10 mm2 16 mm2