Trump orders new sanctions against North Korea, Kim calls him 'deranged'

webfact

6 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

But still regime change!  Libya was not.  The conflict started internally. 

Baltics never been attacked or invaded?  Seriously?  You need to research that a bit.

You seem to focus on the negatives.

I suspect you mean the Balkans (which used to be Yugoslavia). Perhaps it is yourself that need to research.

5 minutes ago, mrfill said:

I suspect you mean the Balkans (which used to be Yugoslavia). Perhaps it is yourself that need to research.

The Baltics are not the Balkans.  I've been to every country in both areas, as well as all that surround them.  Lovely places and lovely people.  That I've researched extensively in person.

53 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Ah - so the same regime changing as was tried in Iraq (failed), Libya (failed) and Afghanistan (failed) where all is ok nowadays.

Or is it?

The regime change didn't fail in those 3 nations. The sequels may have been. You might recall that the original regime change in Afghanistan came courtesy of the USSR.

As for Korea, it's a different case. No ethnic or religious divisiveness there.  Its highly successful neighbor to the south are Koreans too. I think the Korean situation, were Kim to be overthrown. is much more analogous to East Germany. And in some ways better. Since it has 2 wealthy and powerful neighbors whose interests are both served by it becoming stable and prosperous. I am not advocating an invasion. But an internal overthrow could happen.

28 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

The regime change didn't fail in those 3 nations. The sequels may have been. You might recall that the original regime change in Afghanistan came courtesy of the USSR.

As for Korea, it's a different case. No ethnic or religious divisiveness there.  Its highly successful neighbor to the south are Koreans too. I think the Korean situation, were Kim to be overthrown. is much more analogous to East Germany. And in some ways better. Since it has 2 wealthy and powerful neighbors whose interests are both served by it becoming stable and prosperous. I am not advocating an invasion. But an internal overthrow could happen.

My thoughts exactly.  Well put.  Still, no easy answers.  Sadly.

:jap:

Both Trump and Kim are right.

Trump: Kim Jong-un is a ‘pretty smart cookie’

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2017/apr/30/trump-kim-jong-un-is-a-pretty-smart-cookie-video

Kim: Trump, a “mentally deranged U.S. dotard”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/world/asia/trump-north-korea-dotard.html?mcubz=3

Edited by Opl

On 22/09/2017 at 9:41 AM, sweatalot said:

I am afraid the world has to confront that their is no non violent way to end this crisis. Better end it soon than wait until NK has the power for devastation of a much bigger magnitude than now.

There actually IS a non violent way to end this! The US needs to stop antagonising the DPRK with all their threats and sanctions and just leave them the hell alone! What DPRK does in their own country is THEIR business and has nothing to do with the US! Same issue with Iran, Syria, Yemen. Leave these people alone.

4 hours ago, farq said:

There actually IS a non violent way to end this! The US needs to stop antagonising the DPRK with all their threats and sanctions and just leave them the hell alone! What DPRK does in their own country is THEIR business and has nothing to do with the US!

It's not the U.S.

It's the babbling dotard occupying the White House.

Unfortunately, it is a daily exercise keeping him in his play-pen...

11 hours ago, farq said:

There actually IS a non violent way to end this! The US needs to stop antagonising the DPRK with all their threats and sanctions and just leave them the hell alone! What DPRK does in their own country is THEIR business and has nothing to do with the US! Same issue with Iran, Syria, Yemen. Leave these people alone.

Two things need to happen. One is for Trump to shut up. Two is for NK to abide by all the U.N. resolutions.

New earthquakes happened at their nuclear test site. Probably after shocks from the test this month and could possibly release radiation that would cross into China. So no, this is not just their business.

12 hours ago, farq said:

I don't know why anybody didn't think of this before.  Let NK, Iran, etc. live without interference.  Their 'chosen' leaders are truly inspiring, eager to take care of their citizens, and love their neighbors.  The world will rejoice and admire them from afar.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:30 AM, craigt3365 said:

Right.  Now Kim is threatening to detonate a hydrogen bomb over the pacific.  Hardly over hyping. 

Not nice calling people "sheeple".

Here's Kim's warmongering since he came to power.  Sick man.  Especially when that money could be use to feed a starving population.

nk.PNG

He is trying to deter the US otherwise North Korea would be the 8 country the US is bombing now.

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

He is trying to deter the US otherwise North Korea would be the 8 country the US is bombing now.

Funny way to try and not be bombed.  Ramp up your nuclear weapons testing in violation of UN resolutions.  Produce videos showing NYC being nuked.  Threaten to sink Japan.  And bomb Seoul.  I would think NOT doing those things would deter the global community from bombing NK. LOL.

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Funny way to try and not be bombed.  Ramp up your nuclear weapons testing in violation of UN resolutions.  Produce videos showing NYC being nuked.  Threaten to sink Japan.  And bomb Seoul.  I would think NOT doing those things would deter the global community from bombing NK. LOL.

Kinda like the MAD Doctrine...

18 hours ago, farq said:

leavekim.jpg.fd146af4082fccaf9388ba4a4c985c17.jpg

46 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

He still won the number 1 spot though, so what went wrong?

They didn't want Hilary.  And they still don't.  He might be crazy.  But, she's seriously evil.

Edited by rijb