Five die as truck crashes into electricity workers

rooster59

Five die as truck crashes into electricity workers

By The Nation

fb7c9272ac906b5828ae0288fab3b907-sld.jpeg

A truck crashed into a vehicle carrying four on-duty electricity authority employees who were changing high-voltage transmission lines in Saraburi province at 11.40am on Sunday, causing five deaths.

Killed at the scene on the Paholyothin Road were four electricity authority workers and the truck driver. 

Witnesses said the driver lost control of the truck and crashed into the electricity authority vehicle, on which four workers were carrying out their duties.

The crash also brought down an electricity pole.

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-24

15 hours ago, tracker1 said:
16 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Did you know -

-  brake failure is an euphemism for brain failure in LOS

Not brain failure just no brains !

Don't know the genuine cause of the accident but I'm pretty sure one has to have a functioning brain in order for it to fail.

On another note, once again, these trucking companies have to have educated drivers actively doing pre, during & post inspections every day on their rig. Land transport department should be doing random testing on the roads. Penalties should be enough to hurt the driver & company! Make it worth keeping your crap roadworthy.

3 minutes ago, r136dg said:

Don't know the genuine cause of the accident but I'm pretty sure one has to have a functioning brain in order for it to fail.

On another note, once again, these trucking companies have to have educated drivers actively doing pre, during & post inspections every day on their rig. Land transport department should be doing random testing on the roads. Penalties should be enough to hurt the driver & company! Make it worth keeping your crap roadworthy.

You do know this is Thailand... yes?

Dont expect much from this backward place.

27 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

buffalo.jpg

Yes indeed. My mates buffalo theory .   Where he lives further out in woop-woop than even me , 20 years ago there were no motosais or cars in his village . The buffalos with their drivers who would be asleep on the way home after working in the fields ; the buffalo knows its way home , on rounding a corner the buffalo would meet one coming the other way. Eye contact made and they would pass each other.

Then came 2 wheel transport with engine , drivers still asleep then no eye contact just bang , oops solly.

Ipso facto visa vee express, buffalo is safer than motosai.

18 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Did you know -

-  brake failure is an euphemism for brain failure in LOS

Something can't fail if you don't have it to start with.

How absolutely horrible.  Poor sods.  Off to do a days work at an essential public service job and whammee!    Not exactly like dying in ones sleep at 85, is it?

Mechanical failure, poor driving or asleep?  Will we ever know?    TIT All three are equally feasible.  Some people never know when their number is up.   Just really sad for all concerned, and probably more so for the families.

This is a clear case of murder. It just would be 1 chance in a million to hit a parked car with four working electricians. :crazy:

However, I am very glad to read that they were on duty. Otherwise I would have thought that they also spet their free time working.

The sad story is that innocent people had to die, for another person that clearly can´t drive.

3 hours ago, r136dg said:

Theoretically speaking of course.

But did you know all these people that died, are going to be reborn into a better life? So it was a kind of favour. Mai bin rai or Boppan yung, depending on where you live and Five funerals which are generally bigger family parties than weddings or birthdays. Thais know how to "do" death. You have to give them that. 

So Mai bin rai and all that old sport and don't worry be happy. Its all in a day's life and death. Pass the whiskey white and throw another porker on the barbie. 

They need to delete truck drivers from the jobs list For Thais Only! By opening Truck Drivers for all there will be less accidents and most foreign drivers will not run away after an accident! Maybe good idea to delete bus drivers and taxi drivers from the Jobs List For Thais Only.

Edited by tomwct
Add more detail.