Australian man arrested with 26 iPhone smart phones at Suvarnabhumi airport

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, mikebell said:

Ho Lee Mackerel!  How did they know he had all these phones?  Why would they X-ray luggage in transit?

He arrivd from Australia. If he booked his flight to BKK with an airline with no connction to Singapore he has probably gone out of 2nd floor and made his way up to 4th floor departure. Bit messy but by his name sonds. Chines so you never know. He probably found the cheapest flights.

10 hours ago, Billy The Kid said:

My view is , that man using 26 home addresss to buy bill iphones of $40  a month each  then eloped to Thailand without paying the rest of all those monthly payments . He goes to Tuk com shop  to unlock all those iPhones and sell them a bargain prices to Thai public or to Expat .  What a smart Ozzie kid .

if he didnt put any sim card in, then he wouldnt need to unlock them, all iphones come factory unlocked but lock to the first sim you insert, Apple told me this

13 hours ago, mikebell said:

Ho Lee Mackerel!  How did they know he had all these phones?  Why would they X-ray luggage in transit?

My question exactly, unless they wwre notified by point of origin which does x-ray luggage before putting on the plane.

13 hours ago, Thian said:

I also have electronics which are not sold yet in Thailand..brought it from Europe. Would that mean i did something illegal for Thai law?

So any person with an Iphone 8 from abroad is in fact doing something illegal?

maybe not one but twenty six is a bit much.............are you nringing in dozens and dozens of these electronics not available in Thailand???  use your head mano.

56 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

maybe not one but twenty six is a bit much.............are you nringing in dozens and dozens of these electronics not available in Thailand???  use your head mano.

Well my electronics are for personal use only but do far exceed the 20.000 baht which we can bring in as goods.

On 25/09/2017 at 9:03 AM, mikebell said:

Maybe to stop things, like bombs and smuggled goods, being brought into the country. Pretty standard for all airports in the world really.

6 hours ago, cat handler said:

Maybe to stop things, like bombs and smuggled goods, being brought into the country. Pretty standard for all airports in the world really.

I would think standard procedure would involve X-ray at point of departure and arrival but not during transit ports.