Video: Is Pattaya a tourist town or a mafia town? Questions asked after driver hemmed in

snoop1130

9 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

So the question is, whether Pattaya, in addition to being a ... town, is also a 'tourist town'? :passifier:

OH!!!  Thats easy, its a Mafia Town, the Mafia runs the town to rip off the Tourists.........BTW, who in thgere right mind would take a taxi when Song Teils are cheap and available??

14 hours ago, dotpoom said:

A bit of both I would imagine.....like most large citys.

PS. Nothing unusual about taxi drivers blocking another for trying to skip the Que (this does not appear to be Uber v Taxis). First driver gets the next fare, no point in "ranking up" otherwise.

PS. In a previous life I drove a Taxi for 28 yrs. on and off.

"In previous life"  Buddhist Taxi Driver with recall? , "On & off", Meter?  :shock1:  (getting me coat now:-) )

23 hours ago, Thian said:

The Pattaya taxi-maffia never used meters while that is the law....the police never did anything to stop it..

I have complained to City Hall many times about this practice. When you ask the Driver ... why you don't use the Meter - they just laugh at you!!!

However, in other places in Thailand (Korat for example) they turn on the meters automatically - even for a Farang...... but in Pattaya - the Taxi Mafia is "UNTOUCHABLE"????? ... and can Rip-OFF People with impunity??

14 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

OH!!!  Thats easy, its a Mafia Town, the Mafia runs the town to rip off the Tourists.........BTW, who in thgere right mind would take a taxi when Song Teils are cheap and available??

.... are you kidding??? They have their own Songthaews (Bath-Bus) Mafia!!!

Edited by Awinkl

2 minutes ago, 12DrinkMore said:

Not having a gun, I will not be in the position of having shot someone.

Old enough now to back down or hand over the money and walk away.

Sorry I thought I was responding to the quote by US patriot clicked on the wrong post

Totally agree with your sentiments 

14 hours ago, Awinkl said:

.... are you kidding??? They have their own Songthaews (Bath-Bus) Mafia!!!

but they are a cheaper Mafia................I can go from Central Pattaya all the way to Jomtien Beach Soi 11 for 20 baht.  I'll take that over a taxi anyway  (haha)