genetic testingc

cloudhopper

Some types of genetic testing  are available (e.g. thalessemia) but I am not aware of anywhere that would do APOE.

Even in the West APOE genotyping is not recommended except in research settings, as it has little or no clinical utility and even its predictive value is not very high.

This is quite true.

There is little point in getting concerned about an increased risk for Alzheimer's (which is a probability not a certainty) when there is no preventative action that you can take even if you do turn out to have the E4 isoform that predicts increased risk.

44 minutes ago, partington said:

This is quite true.

There is little point in getting concerned about an increased risk for Alzheimer's (which is a probability not a certainty) when there is no preventative action that you can take even if you do turn out to have the E4 isoform that predicts increased risk.

That is not my concern but thanks for the info

1 hour ago, partington said:

OK fair enough, but if you are not concerned about that I'm very curious why you want to know?

If it's E2 for contributory, but insufficient cause of hyperlipidemia, same thing applies really...

2 hours ago, partington said:

This is quite true.

That is not my concern but thanks for the info

Sorry, won't ever get my scientific information from YouTube, (especially not from doctors with diet books to sell and .com sites with their names on)  but good luck with your researches.

Steven Gundry

Steven Gundry is a goop contributor,  author of several books overloaded with misinformation on diet and disease, and runs the website gundrymd.com.  If you sign up for his newsletter, you will immediately be presented with an offer for one of his many supplements – Gundry MD Vital Reds, for a discounted $254.70 (for 6 jars, which is what Gundry recommends): and it’s also recommended you buy Dr. Gundry’s book Diet Evolution (to supercharge the benefits of Vital Reds).

According to the website, MD Vital Reds will

“help reduce the fatigue and energy dysfunction which act as warning signs for much more serious health problems. I’ve combined the power of 25 polyphenol-rich superfruits with dozens of natural fat-burning ingredients to help your body maintain higher energy levels and fast metabolism.”

Save your money – there is no good evidence to back up any of these claims.

Steven-Gundry-Plant-Paradox-Quack-Snake-Oil.jpg

Edited by partington