Doctor Rip Off.

Dazinoz

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

One of the conditions of non Thai kids getting Thai I.D. is that they do not have I.D from any other country , so, getting your kid an Aussie PP could jeopardise his/her chances of getting Thai I.D .

Which is the better to have?   And would they check if he had Aus nationality?  Of course not.

Edited by sinbin

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You also stated that you went to the Myanmar Consulate to get permission to travel to BKK for the mum . 

Are you sure about that ?

Are you sure that you didnt go to the local Ampor?

Why do people ask me what I have already done? Of course I am sure where we went. I didn't understand how the Myanmar Consulate could give permission to travel within Thailand. 

The first time we got one for her to travel to Phuket we had the run around but was finally told to goto the consulate which we did and got the letter and flew and no problem. This time she used an agent (Thai). Same letter from the consulate but not expired like first one.

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

One of the conditions of non Thai kids getting Thai I.D. is that they do not have I.D from any other country , so, getting your kid an Aussie PP could jeopardise his/her chances of getting Thai I.D .

He is not Thai. Did you read what I said about what is written on his birth certificate?

His birth certificate lists him as "Person who lives in Thailand illegally or on a temporary basis". Under the Nationality  section 1.3 it states "Not acquire Thai nationality".

Just now, Dazinoz said:

He is not Thai. Did you read what I said about what is written on his birth certificate?

His birth certificate lists him as "Person who lives in Thailand illegally or on a temporary basis". Under the Nationality  section 1.3 it states "Not acquire Thai nationality".

Yes, he is not Thai now .

Please read my post again about non Thai School kids in School in Thailand .

The Thai Gov are planning to give them all Thai I.D

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Yes, he is not Thai now .

Please read my post again about non Thai School kids in School in Thailand .

The Thai Gov are planning to give them all Thai I.D

Yes I read that.

He is 1 year old tomorrow. He is not at school. I might not be around much longer so I am trying to do what I can for him NOW.

8 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Is his Mother a Burmese citizen ? 

Burmese PP and Nationality , residency, the whole lot ? 

Just now, sanemax said:

Is his Mother a Burmese citizen ? 

Burmese PP and Nationality , residency, the whole lot ? 

She has nothing. Came across border at army check point. Has Non Thai Pink ID. I have been trying to help her get her Myanmar ID and passport but roadblocks all the time. 

1 minute ago, Dazinoz said:

She has nothing. Came across border at army check point. Has Non Thai Pink ID. I have been trying to help her get her Myanmar ID and passport but roadblocks all the time. 

That just doesnt sound quite right .

She has no Myanmar I.D /PP , She has the legal right to remain in Thailand , yet She needs to go to the Burmese Consulate to get permission to travel in Thailand.

55 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

We are not married so the baby is not legitimate. His birth certificate lists him as "Person who lives in Thailand illegally or on a temporary basis". Under the Nationality  section 1.3 it states "Not acquire Thai nationality".

Is you name written on the kids B/C ?

13 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Testing done in OZ per OP.,  So would expect there was a dollar fee for that which may have been converted into Baht for local payment?

Per what he says, the sample is analyzed in Oz for a separate fee of $1200.  9,000 baht was the fee for taking the sample in Bangkok. Hard to believe, but it is apparently what he was told. One wonders if an extra 0 got added by mistake as 900 (B 450 per person) would seem more like it. He did not actually get it done in Bangkok so is going by what Oz Embassy apparently told him.

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Per what he says, the sample is analyzed in Oz for a separate fee of $1200.  9,000 baht was the fee for taking the sample in Bangkok. Hard to believe, but it is apparently what he was told. One wonders if an extra 0 got added by mistake as 900 (B 450 per person) would seem more like it. He did not actually get it done in Bangkok so is going by what Oz Embassy apparently told him.

Finally someone reading what I wrote

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Finally got that.  Expect it is punitive cost as also helps to cover Embassy involvement (and perhaps political reality damper).  

Unhelpful posts and flaming responses to same have been removed. Please keep it civil and to the point, the point being what it costs to get an Embassy-required DNA test.

The OP reports being told that there would be a 9,000 baht fee for drawing the two samples (cheek swabs). This is very hard to believe so I would prefer to keep the thread open to see if we can get any other first hand accounts of costs for this, one wonders if the person he spoke to at the Embassy mistakenly said thousand when s/he meant hundred. I have known Thais to make that mistake in English.

Please do not get into what the Op could have/should have done regarding establishment of paternity, that is not the subject here. And to all those expressing confusion as to why the DNA test required please note the mother is not a Thai national and is a stateless person with no nationality documents, making this an unusual circumstance. (And one that might make the usual procedures for establishing legal paternity in Thailand non- applicable)

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

Unhelpful posts and flaming responses to same have been removed. Please keep it civil and to the point, the point being what it costs to get an Embassy-required DNA test.

The OP reports being told that there would be a 9,000 baht fee for drawing the two samples (cheek swabs). This is very hard to believe so I would prefer to keep the thread open to see if we can get any other first hand accounts of costs for this, one wonders if the person he spoke to at the Embassy mistakenly said thousand when s/he meant hundred. I have known Thais to make that mistake in English.

Please do not get into what the Op could have/should have done regarding establishment of paternity, that is not the subject here. And to all those expressing confusion as to why the DNA test required please note the mother is not a Thai national and is a stateless person with no nationality documents, making this an unusual circumstance. (And one that might make the usual procedures for establishing legal paternity in Thailand non- applicable)

Al correspondence was via emails to and from the Australian Embassy. The original email quoting what was needed for the sampling visit was from a Thai working at the Embassy. I queried the cost and was replied from an Australian. Well I assume Australian being at the Australian Embassy and with a name of Danielle. Same price quoted.

I actually emailed this lady yesterday after the sampling and suggested they should look at who they use and mentioned costs of both. Received a reply back thanking me of the feedback.

So basically I think price was correct as no one has corrected me.

I have just emailed the doctors concerned in Bangkok to ask for cost to have sampling done. Will be interesting to see what, if any, response is.

Thanks again Sheryl for your words above. Some people just assume everything is black and white. This case is definately not.

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Although as he is applying for an Aussie PP , through his Aussie Nationality , it wouldnt matter where the Mother came from .

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Although as he is applying for an Aussie PP , through his Aussie Nationality , it wouldnt matter where the Mother came from .

Actually it does. Under Thai law she is the sole responsible person for the baby. I have no rights over him as it stands. She has agreed and wants him to get his Australian Passport.

There maybe other ways as some suggested but very hard to do if you don't know about them. I did research and came up with what I am doing.

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Before the baby was born it was suggested that we use a Thai lady to say that it was her baby when registered for his birth certificate. This way he would have been registered as a Thai and have all the benefits such as cheap medical. Obviously this required payment as is illegal and the mother refused to consider this and I agreed. In hindsight would have been a good idea but I like to keep things above board as they say.

3 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Actually it does. Under Thai law she is the sole responsible person for the baby. I have no rights over him as it stands. She has agreed and wants him to get his Australian Passport.

Those are two different issues .

She does have responsibility for him under Thai laws

You also have the right under Aussie law to apply for a PP for him .

Although simply having a Aussie PP doesnt mean that you can take him out of Thailand without a court order, which requires his Mothers permission

30 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Those are two different issues .

She does have responsibility for him under Thai laws

You also have the right under Aussie law to apply for a PP for him .

Although simply having a Aussie PP doesnt mean that you can take him out of Thailand without a court order, which requires his Mothers permission

Yep. His mother wanted and agrees for me to get his Oz PP for his future. I have no intention of taking him out of Thailand without her permission. He actually died on the way to hospital at 6 weeks of age. Because of the time taken to revive him he suffered brain damage. So she is considering having him adopted out in Australia as a "special needs baby". Australian passport then very necessary. There is more to to that part of the story that i care to go into here but suffice to say in his case the Oz passport is the best way to go.

One other thought occurs to me re the 9,000 baht fee -- possibly that is what the hospital in question charges for an actual dna test i.e. done in their lab (or other lab they send out -- but included in the price).

I simply cannit belueve 9000 baht for just taking the sample. Whereas 9000 baht inclusibe of lab costs sounds about right