Buriram man has high hopes of getting first prize in lottery back after tickets were stolen

webfact

Buriram man has high hopes of getting first prize in lottery back after tickets were stolen

1am.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A Buriram man who had his two first prize tickets for the national lottery stolen from his house before he could claim the money still hopes to get his hands on the 12 million baht.

As is customary in Thailand, Phansak Seuachumsaeng, 31, went to the police on 20th August after he won first prize in the August 16th draw.

But subsequently the two tickets were stolen from his house. He reported that to the Bangrong district police too.

But in the meantime a couple - believed to be married - went to the national lottery office to claim the prize. On the 23rd one ticket was redeemed for 6 million and the next day the other ticket was also cashed.

However, police investigating have found that all 12 million is still in the suspects' account.

These people were not named.

Phansak was able to prove that the tickets were his because not only did the vendor who sold them to him remember him but he also had the stub to show who bought it.

Police are in no doubt that the tickets numbered 715431 belong to Phansak who now feels it is only a matter of time before he claims what is rightfully his.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-27

So he told the police about his lottery win and someone promptly broke into his house and stole the tickets.

What a coincidence. I guess reporting your lottery win to the local mafia is not such a good idea, he should have kept his mouth shut.

If i had a 12 million baht wining ticket i'd buy a shotgun and guard it so

not even a fly will come near it, but this guy apparently just let thieves

come in and steal it, and with possession being 99% of the law, it remain

to be seen when and how or if he will ever get the loot back...

2 hours ago, over it said:

He ain't going to get squat! The bib beat him to it.

Why was he sitting on the winning ticket, it makes no sense. The people who "stole" it, seemed to have had no problem in cashing it, presumably he did not sign the reverse to claim ownership. What "stub" is being referred to in the report. The ticket seller "remembers" him, I don't think so.