Escalators and People Movers: Are you a 'stander' or a 'walker?'

connda

Escalators and People Movers: Are you a 'stander' or a 'walker?'  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Often when I board an escalator or an automated walkway like you find in an airport, I'll simply keep on walking. I'm in a rhythm so why stop.  However, here in the Land of Standing (LOS) it seems that almost everyone comes to a standstill as soon as their feet hit the moving belt or stairs.  How about you?

Edited by connda

I always walk on a moving walkway. I don't always walk on an escalator. It depends on what you are doing. If you are just doing lazy stuff at the mall, you stand. If the escalator is full, you stand. If you are with someone who is not walking, you stand. When you are trying to get stuff done, you walk.

Usually walk on the walkways in an airport - nothing to stop or see & gains ground on the herd...

Always seem to stand on  escalators and look around....See the sights....

None of your poll choices work for me....

There's usually a magnetically clamped down shopping cart holding me back at Big C & Makro »»»------> Except one time when I let go of one heading downhill - runaway......:shock1:.....

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

What about when you get off?

Do you stop right there and have a conference with your traveling partner about whether or not you'll go left, right or straight on while people pile up behind you?...

.... call it a pet hate !

I agree.  I also have another pet hate.  The people who walk at a normal pace up to the moving walkway then cut their pace in half or more when then get on.