Yingluck has promised 'not to be involved in politics’

webfact

Yingluck has promised 'not to be involved in politics’ 

By The Nation

74143f3d9b561c95a6196411726ee93a-sld.jpg

Fugitive former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra is in Dubai and has promised not to be involved in any political activities, Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan said on Thursday.

Authorities in Dubai have also promised the Thai Foreign Ministry that they would keep an eye on Yingluck and ensure she did not take part in any political campaigns, Prawit said. 

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha in the morning told reporters, a day after Yingluck was sentenced in absentia to five years in prison by the Supreme Court for negligence in preventing corruption and irregularities in her government’s rice-pledging scheme, that she was in Dubai. 

Yingluck fled the country just a day or two before she was scheduled to attend the reading of the verdict by the Supreme Court. The court postponed the reading to Wednesday due to her absence. 

Yingluck’s elder brother and former PM Thaksin had also fled to Dubai to escape from justice.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30327903

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-28

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Thian said:

So Dubai is quite happy to be the home for corrupt criminals who are on the run??

Not sure if i would like to fly Emirates again...i hate corruption.

You can call them corrupt criminals or maybe victims of a corrupt system.

I think that any civilized country would love to host them both, so you better stop flying ......

Just now, ikke said:

I think that any civilized country would love to host them both, so you better stop flying ......

Australia and London refused mr Thaksin to buy a house on their land. So i can always fly with them.

6 minutes ago, Thian said:

So Dubai is quite happy to be the home for corrupt criminals who are on the run??

With most western countries failing to prosecute bankers criminally I guess it would be hard to fly anywhere in the world.

" ensure she did not take part in any political campaigns, Prawit said. "

Well they are not doing anything to keep her brother quiet,expect flights

to be booked up, as pilgrims make the journey to see their idols.

regards worgeordie

2 minutes ago, jmd8800 said:

With most western countries failing to prosecute bankers criminally I guess it would be hard to fly anywhere in the world.

I bet the Shinawatra's will be banned from any decent European country...corrupt people are not liked there.

But you're right they should ban Goldman Sachs as well.

39 minutes ago, ikke said:

"...I think that any civilized country would love to host them both..."

Doubt that very much given that there is clear evidence of guilt in regard to both of them

A senior government official in England once called the paymaster 'an unsavoury person, not welcome'. Well said.

The paymaster has several passports, not from mainstream countries, all from countries that have very little credibility. Yl possibly has the same. Says it all.

What makes you think that Prayut may not be a future resident of Dubai? In Thai politics what comes around goes around.

7 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

No doubt 'all part of the deal'

So let me get this straight:

She vanishes like a puff of smoke from under the watchful eye of the junta. Who have not prosecuted anyone in connection with her 'escape'. And who don't know where she is but she is in Dubai. Yet she has promised not to be involved in politics, despite there being no communication. And we are expected to take all this at face value?

I mean, is it just me or what?

47 minutes ago, Thian said:

I bet the Shinawatra's will be banned from any decent European country...corrupt people are not liked there.

But you're right they should ban Goldman Sachs as well.

Consider your bet well and truly taken up on...

4 minutes ago, baboon said:

She vanishes like a puff of smoke from under the watchful eye of the junta. Who have not prosecuted anyone in connection with her 'escape'. And who don't know where she is but she is in Dubai. Yet she has promised not to be involved in politics, despite there being no communication. And we are expected to take all this at face value?

With you on your assessment. This not to be taken on face value especially from either grumpy or dumpy. The message was aimed at her supporters and meant to dampen their spirit that Yingluck abandon them or the junta has scared her off politics. Not going to work. I think it done the reverse and ignite her supporters fight against the double standard and the injustice to take away their freedom to mandate their leaders. She and Thaksin will be vocal more than ever when the time is right.  

This statement proves beyond any reasonable doubt what has always been suspected. That high ranking members of this government, fearing a public backlash over her being imprisoned in the country are as complicit in her escape as she was in the negligence she oversaw in the rice pledging scheme. Her bail, as a fact of law stated, she was not allowed to leave the country, yet the government allowed encouraged and made possible her escape for their own convenience. Good job they all granted themselves immunity for prosecution when they took power!

I expect the request to Interpol for her arrest from the Attorney General office will be  wishy-washy, vague and stamped with big red letters that read - Please place at the bottom of your inbox and forget about. 

The Attorney General and by extension the government  will then, over the course of the coming weeks / months blame Interpol  for the lack of action and wail that its not their fault as they have done all they can, and wait for everyone to lose interest.

Case closed. 

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

With you on your assessment. This not to be taken on face value especially from either grumpy or dumpy. The message was aimed at her supporters and meant to dampen their spirit that Yingluck abandon them or the junta has scared her off politics. Not going to work. I think it done the reverse and ignite her supporters fight against the double standard and the injustice to take away their freedom to mandate their leaders. She and Thaksin will be vocal more than ever when the time is right.  

I fear you will be bitterly disappointed but do hope to read a 'See? I told you so' post from your good self in the near future...

Prawit says it’s good for Yingluck to be there in Dubai

By Thai PBS

DKx2pxbUQAI6EJL.jpg

Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan said on Thursday (Sept 28) that it’s good for ex-premier Yingluck Shinawatra to be in Dubai as it has no extradition treaty with Thailand.

His comment came after Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha revealed that Ms Yingluck is now staying in Dubai, the city of the United Arab Emirates.

But he said that although the UAE has no extradition treaty with Thailand, it has assured Thailand that it has requested the fugitive ex-premier not to engage herself in any political activity, and that she must complete with its laws.

Full story:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prawit-says-good-yingluck-dubai/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-09-28

30 minutes ago, baboon said:

Dear Halloween really does think just that  :cheesy:

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan said on Thursday (Sept 28) that it’s good for ex-premier Yingluck Shinawatra to be in Dubai as it has no extradition treaty with Thailand.

Sorry pal, that one doesn't wash:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/taiwan/7264827/Briton-to-be-extradited-from-Thailand-to-Dubai.html

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Authorities in Dubai have promised they would keep an eye on Yingluck

Which is more than can be said for the incompetent Prawit who was in charge of her security when she was in Thailand.

PM Prayut must be seriously embarrassed by this old fool. Among the light hearted banter I am guessing Trump will give a bit of a giggle and ask him how he let her get away. Ouch!

6 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Which is more than can be said for the incompetent Prawit who was in charge of her security when she was in Thailand.

PM Prayut must be seriously embarrassed by this old fool. Among the light hearted banter I am guessing Trump will give a bit of a giggle and ask him how he let her get away. Ouch!

Incompetent or in on the whole thing? Not that it particularly matters either way; if he had a shred of decency he would resign.