thai flag over google

lovelomsak

Today when ever i go to google the Thai flag is above the word google and the word google is in  a image of a thai boat. 

My question is how could some   one do this? I thought google itself could only write their logo in their site. I am sure the rest of the world is not getting this google image. How is it done?

4 hours ago, HHTel said:

If you look closely at he Google page, you will notice it's Google Thailand.  Other countries are not affected.

That's correct. Google has servers in most countries. You are automatically connected to the server closest to you. This is why Google searches are fast.

17 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Today when ever i go to google the Thai flag is above the word google and the word google is in  a image of a thai boat. 

My question is how could some   one do this? I thought google itself could only write their logo in their site. I am sure the rest of the world is not getting this google image. How is it done?

It is Google who do this everytime wherever a country has something important to celebrite in this case 100 year aniversay for the Thai flag.

3 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

That's correct. Google has servers in most countries. You are automatically connected to the server closest to you. This is why Google searches are fast.

Not really.  Google has 16 data centres globally that actually process requests.  There isn't one in Thailand.  The closest ones are Singapore and Taiwan.  However, requests are balanced globally, with requests going to the least busy data centre.  Any data centre can potentially handle requests for any country.

Google does have caching servers at 18 locations across Thailand.  These hold static data such as the images for Google Maps, allowing static data to be loaded more quickly and without using international bandwidth.  They are connected to all the major ISPs here, and a few other organisations; they do not process search requests.

19 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Slightly off topic, but how can I guarantee to connect to a non-Thailand Google server?  I often use google.com/flights to research trips and increasingly I get the Thai version. i.e. Totally in Thai language.  For a regular Google search, I know google.com/ncr, but that doesn't seem to work with /flights appended.

2 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Slightly off topic, but how can I guarantee to connect to a non-Thailand Google server?  I often use google.com/flights to research trips and increasingly I get the Thai version. i.e. Totally in Thai language.  For a regular Google search, I know google.com/ncr, but that doesn't seem to work with /flights appended.

There are tips tricks and even plugin black magic to avoid the Google geolocation guru but none will provide 100% cast iron guarantee right across the service.

Login to a Google account and the language settings will follow you. Google wants you to open an account or it will make you crazy.

If you just want to make bookmarks that carry language and currency parameters :-

google.com/flights/?hl=en_US

google.com/flights/?hl=en_UK

google.com/flights/?hl=en_US&curr=THB

google.com/flights/?hl=en_US&curr=USD

google.com/flights/?hl=en_Uk&curr=GBP

30 minutes ago, maxpower said:

Login to a Google account and the language settings will follow you. Google wants you to open an account or it will make you crazy.

Thanks!  Those URLs are exactly what I was wanting.  I can't even remember the last time I logged on to Google, and will try to keep that practice if at all possible.

Archived