Shocking Trolleys In Tescos

lampard10

Pushing my trolley around Tesco's this morning, I started to get belts off it, much to the amusement of my wife. She eventually said " Give it here, Sissy" and got such a belt off it she wouldn't go near it again. However, she did forget and got another belt unloading.

Anyone else had this experience? I think it's to do with plastic wheels on a plastic coated floor.

Pushing my trolley around Tesco's this morning, I started to get belts off it, much to the amusement of my wife. She eventually said " Give it here, Sissy" and got such a belt off it she wouldn't go near it again. However, she did forget and got another belt unloading.

Anyone else had this experience? I think it's to do with plastic wheels on a plastic coated floor.

I had staff members get some terrible ones off plastic vacume wands on tile or concrete floors. Had to put grounding straps in the vacs. Hang a piece of wire off the metal frame and let it drag on the floor. That will discharge the static.

You're not alone - and I am glad to see am I not alone either with having this problem. I honestly though it was just me. It doesn't seem to matter which branch (I have been to three), I always seem to get shocked at some point.

Now that you mention it , the same has happened to me. One time it was so bad

it seemed either me or the trolley must be wired up to something.

It happens both when the trolley stationery and moving - worse if you have sweaty hands!

I had staff members get some terrible ones off plastic vacume wands on tile or concrete floors. Had to put grounding straps in the vacs. Hang a piece of wire off the metal frame and let it drag on the floor. That will discharge the static.

I reckon you'd get some pretty strange looks sitting in Tescos pimping your pram up Vic :o

I reckon you'd get some pretty strange looks sitting in Tescos pimping your pram up Vic :o

A piece of coathanger wouldn't even be noticed.

Belt, what? The kind you wear around your waist? Or, the slang that means a drink, i.e., "Give me another belt of gin.

Read the entire post. I believe a "belt" in the context provided here refers to a "static shock (or discharge)". But then again, maybe its the poor electrical wiring in LOS.

I have had similar problems with supermarket trolleys in England and Denmark, especially in cold weather. The air is dry and static electricity builds up quite fast. Now the weather is cool and dry here in Thailand so the shocks have started.

Last week I got a shock from the car door. That's the first time that's happened to me in Thailand but it happened all the time in Denmark.

Belt, what? The kind you wear around your waist? Or, the slang that means a drink, i.e., "Give me another belt of gin.

Read the entire post. I believe a "belt" in the context provided here refers to a "static shock (or discharge)". But then again, maybe its the poor electrical wiring in LOS.

So perhaps he should have just said that, lol. For us dumb yanks who are so far removed from the Queen's english.

So perhaps he should have just said that, lol. For us dumb yanks who are so far removed from the Queen's english.

O.K. ........we'll give you a little quiz.

Study the following statements and tick which is true.

1) He got a massive belt off the trolley.

a. He found a 20' long trouser belt hanging from the supermarket trolley.

b. He found a bottle of Scotch abandoned in an old trolley which he took a massive swig from.

( note: to swig; to put the bottle to your lips and tip some of the contents into your throat)

c. He got a static electricity shock.

Did you do alright on that one?

O.K. the next one.

2) He put a fag into his mouth

a. He got this...................................oh forget it.

I got a good trolley laugh out of Tesco security when my dog jumped out the car window and followed me into the store (those auto doors work for dogs, too). I didn't know she was in there until I saw her in aisle two checking out the selection of rump roasts. I high-tailed my trolley of toilet paper and flour to the checkout as I watched security guards chase my pup all over the store. For once, the bitch came to me without me calling her ("not my dog"). The guards were so sweet. I said I needed cigs and they sprinted to get them for me so they could get me and shopping bear out of the store. Despite my high speed, the trolley did not give me any static shocks.

It has been suggested that you have to be very careful where static electricity is concerned. I remember watching a TV program that tried to get to the bottom (no pun intended here) of whether or not is was dangerous to use a mobile phone when filling up your car at a petrol station. The investigation seemed to prove that most explosions were caused by women where their underwear developed static electricity and when they get out of the car and touch the bodywork of it a spark is often generated. (this is just not the sort of thing that someone could make up, you would have had to see the program). So do be careful in Tesco's with your shopping trolleys, especially if the trolley contains flammable goods such as Mehkong etc. else one day we'll be watching an investigation into the exploding shopping trolleys at Tesco,

:o

You could try attaching a wire to each butt cheek and running them to a set of rear brakelights hanging off your rear. Maybe shopping carts should have headlights, turn signals, and breaklights too.

Nah, that would make it too regulated and fat farang who take up the whole aisle wouldn't move out of the way anyhow.

the solutions lies in the shoes you're wearing.

Try using a pair with rubber soles.

:D

Still happens.

Nah, that would make it too regulated and fat farang who take up the whole aisle wouldn't move out of the way anyhow.

It's usually the Tesco staff either blocking the whole alley with the hydraulic lift or they have managed to pile up a mound of empty cardboard boxes dead center of the aisle. "Sorry for disturbing you with my shopping while you work." :o

You could try attaching a wire to each butt cheek and running them to a set of rear brakelights hanging off your rear. Maybe shopping carts should have headlights, turn signals, and breaklights too.

:o:D :D

This could also be a possible solution to the current energy crisis. Just connect all the trolleys to Tesco's power board...while we shop, we provide Tesco with free electricity, for which we are given free products according to the kilowatthours of juice we generate.

Well, I think the problem stems from YOUR CLOTHES, shoes and socks and not actually the trolley. I know quite a bit about earthing and bonding in installations.It may be that the supermarket itself has a problem with earthing. I have seen this problem in one or two 5 star hotels where I work, and not in others using exactly the same equipment trolleys running accross carpets. One of them defianatly had an earth spike problem which every new building must have fitted under the floor.Don't wear nylon socks! - that will help.If you are not in contact with ground and are insulated there will no where for the elcetricity to go. Simple as that.

Me too. You know I actually had a heart attack in Tesco's in Pattaya last year when I got a belt of electricity off one of those ###### trolleys. It was so bad I ended up on the floor, the tips of my fingers burned and my hair on fire at the top, and had a major cardiac arrest.I woke up looking up the legs of some bird at the checkout counter standing over me.Thought I was dreaming.I'll never go near one of those ###### things again. I prefer the wooden ones now. I bought mine on ebay and I've had no problems with it.Someone needs to do something before someone is killed in the process of getting baked beans or something.Everyone write to the authorities and expose this scandal! Ask Tesco's to provide wooden ones.- and another thing-- I'll leave that till later.

Me too. You know I actually had a heart attack in Tesco's in Pattaya last year when I got a belt of electricity off one of those ###### trolleys. It was so bad I ended up on the floor, the tips of my fingers burned and my hair on fire at the top, and had a major cardiac arrest.I woke up looking up the legs of some bird at the checkout counter standing over me.Thought I was dreaming.I'll never go near one of those ###### things again. I prefer the wooden ones now. I bought mine on ebay and I've had no problems with it.Someone needs to do something before someone is killed in the process of getting baked beans or something.Everyone write to the authorities and expose this scandal! Ask Tesco's to provide wooden ones.- and another thing-- I'll leave that till later.

Hey, you're still alive and you copped a good look up a dress (just be glad you weren't in Singapore). Enjoy!