How much would cost to build villa such this?

The building is less than half the cost of the total . 

Location, location, location.

It's the land that is the main issue.

Building shelters is secondary .

I doubt anyone could give you a definitive figure for such a vague enquiry .

If it was away from the beach, and keeping the land cost separate.

I would guess the building and materials could be: a nice base, and cess pit etc - from half a million baht uowards, three small building structures from 1-2 million baht, and the pool less than a million.

But builders could quote treble this depending on quality and builders profit margin.

Also how much you were prepared to do yourself.

Edited by Andyfez

Very nice house to look at .......

But needs a lot more shade .....if the sun hits on those high glass windows .....costly.

Not for children ......to dangerous ,1 slip and they fall in the deep.

Almost impossible to build with the local workforce ....unless you are building it yourself.

Price ? calculate the materials and the estimated work hours ( also the hours to break down the workers mistakes) ......

Location .....not good if you want to go to the beach...too far 

Good if you like to be on your own ....

Never buy from a company......they will rip you off ! 

3 hours ago, Andyfez said:

The building is less than half the cost of the total . 

Location, location, location.

It's the land that is the main issue.

Building shelters is secondary .

I doubt anyone could give you a definitive figure for such a vague enquiry .

If it was away from the beach, and keeping the land cost separate.

I would guess the building and materials could be: a nice base, and cess pit etc - from half a million baht uowards, three small building structures from 1-2 million baht, and the pool less than a million.

But builders could quote treble this depending on quality and builders profit margin.

Also how much you were prepared to do yourself.

i found the greedy builders in pattaya want more money here to build a house than it would cost you in the UK. even if you have the land already. they think everyone here is stupid im sure.

Edited by catman20

27 minutes ago, catman20 said:

i found the greedy builders in pattaya want more money here to build a house than it would cost you in the UK. even if you have the land already. they think everyone here is stupid im sure.

Most contractors purchase the land, build a house on it and put it on sale after having multiplied the cost by 3 or more.

So, it's easy to know the price of the land that you want to buy (verify this at the Land Office) easy too to calculate the material cost...finally go talk with a contractor to see how much time he needs to build and you have an almost complete picture...

Thanks to all the replies. I know zero about building or diy that's why such broad question.

Anyway something like this - 3 bed, nice pool, open plan and futuristic design is what I would like.

3 hours ago, OmarZaid said:

Looks like an invitation for house invasion to me . . .

yea the location is bad... far away, bad road and when the owner goes away it will get robbed

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Would cost more than I am willing to leave here.  The "artist" who drew it only expects the person wealthy enough to build it will only have a small "eco" car!

There is supposedly a garage for two cars

it is for rent btw https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/infinity-villa.html and https://www.facebook.com/villa.infinity.samui/

$400 - $500 a night

8 minutes ago, janpharma said:

Most contractors purchase the land, build a house on it and put it on sale after having multiplied the cost by 3 or more.

So, it's easy to know the price of the land that you want to buy (verify this at the Land Office) easy too to calculate the material cost...finally go talk with a contractor to see how much time he needs to build and you have an almost complete picture...

Yea the only thing I ever expect in Thailand is to be overcharged

In such big investment even 15% saving (close to 4 million) makes sense to learn the basics, do it yourself and oversee the work to make sure it is as good as possible.

While I know nothing about building, I hardly manage to assembly IKEA furniture, my best mate is an architect / manager overseeing massive constructions for a huge Japanese company and I have a lot of friends who "work with hands" so I can always offer a free holiday for bit of help :)

18 minutes ago, janpharma said:

So, it's easy to know the price of the land that you want to buy (verify this at the Land Office) easy too to calculate the material cost

All so very easy to you, that is obvious you have never build a house here.

The land office has not the slightest idea about the value of the land, because the value registered at the land office is about 10% of the real sales value.

Also the meterial cost is not easy to calculate to any one other than an experienced professional constructor, and that is also the reason why there are so many problems with finishing a project up to standard, since the average constructor miscalculates in material and labour costs.

Three-quarters of a million bucks? Jeez, I remember nipa huts on Chaweng beach for 50 Baht a night in 1986, back in the days when swimming in the sea didn't come with a nasty rash.

It's been said before but it's worth repeating: why on Earth buy when leasing is so cheap in Thailand? Sure, there are people who have no problem, but you are potentially tying up considerable capital for an uncertain period, so many things can go wrong and the rule of law is so arbitrary, not to say biased against you as a foreigner, that you may well be opening yourself up to a world of trouble.

Rent, I say.

20 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Three-quarters of a million bucks? Jeez, I remember nipa huts on Chaweng beach for 50 Baht a night in 1986, back in the days when swimming in the sea didn't come with a nasty rash.

Lucky you... but I wasn't even born that year lol

It's been said before but it's worth repeating: why on Earth buy when leasing is so cheap in Thailand? Sure, there are people who have no problem, but you are potentially tying up considerable capital for an uncertain period, so many things can go wrong and the rule of law is so arbitrary, not to say biased against you as a foreigner, that you may well be opening yourself up to a world of trouble.

Rent, I say.

I would never buy a condo in Bangkok, renting is always much cheaper and you can't do with condo much anyway.

But house/villa rentals on islands are crazy $$$ ... they seem to value 1 year contract like if you are on splurge for honeymoon. And ultimately it would be nice to have a place called "home"

Something in the area of 40,000 baht to 50,000 baht a square meter for that kind of luxury construction, however depending on location like island and uphill – your photos are from familiar Koh Samui's Bo Phut hills behind Chaweng Beach – furthermore the decoration materials are an important factor to the price, like sandstone or teak floors, marble and granite. Jacuzzi and pool, and eventual gardening and entrance facilities, comes on top. With my local knowledge and the complexity of the construction – i.e. the curved roofs, my neighbor's house also have curved roof, which was a headache to construct – my initial guess for 300 m² would be in the area of 15 mio. to 20 mio. baht.

A plot of land uphill at Samui will cost you about 4 mio. to 5 mio. baht per rai – eventually more in attractive areas with concrete access road all infrastructure in place – not that much less for smaller plots. Sometime you can find someone in need for quick cash, selling for a reduced price.

:smile:

4 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

All so very easy to you, that is obvious you have never build a house here.

The land office has not the slightest idea about the value of the land, because the value registered at the land office is about 10% of the real sales value.

Also the meterial cost is not easy to calculate to any one other than an experienced professional constructor, and that is also the reason why there are so many problems with finishing a project up to standard, since the average constructor miscalculates in material and labour costs.

If I wouldn't be experienced with several house constructions, I wouldn't react mr. janclaes...

The only thing really unusual about that house appears to be the roof. Apart from that it seems to be pretty standard construction, plus a good dose of bling for trimming.

To really know what it's worth I would like to know what the window frames are made of, and what tiles and other fittings have been used, and what the walls are made of. And I would like to know how that roof is constructed as I am deeply suspicious of anything unusual when implemented by Thais.

17 hours ago, janpharma said:

the complete picture is as i said it in my first post. everyone here in pattaya is here for one strike, to rip you off for as much as they can, no one here thinks about repeat business, that goes for farangs as well as Thais.

5 hours ago, catman20 said:

the complete picture is as i said it in my first post. everyone here in pattaya is here for one strike, to rip you off for as much as they can, no one here thinks about repeat business, that goes for farangs as well as Thais.

Not all, but certainly many.

On 30/09/2017 at 1:16 PM, janclaes47 said:

Not sure if prison time is considered a holiday.

You know that working without a work permit will get you in jail, do you?

I know, straight to jail....

I have to go drink on my own now, everyone I knew is in jail for DIY offences !!

I nearly got nicked by the old bill yesterday for thinking about cutting the lawn....

It's a crazy country :)

46 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I know, straight to jail....

I have to go drink on my own now, everyone I knew is in jail for DIY offences !!

I nearly got nicked by the old bill yesterday for thinking about cutting the lawn....

It's a crazy country :)

I can understand that you were so eager to add your troll comment, that you didn't have the time to read the post I was responding to.

There is a difference between cutting your own lawn, and building a house with foreigners on holiday, which was what the poster had in mind.

6 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

There is a difference between cutting your own lawn, and building a house with foreigners on holiday, which was what the poster had in mind.

I never said there would be foreigners building house. Just noting that while I have lack of knowledge in this area I have friends who know.

7 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

I can understand that you were so eager to add your troll comment, that you didn't have the time to read the post I was responding to.

No, I was keen to take the p&ss out of paranoid folk like yourself...

The OP never said he was going to build his own house with a bunch of tourists :)

Even if he did, still never met or heard of anyone going to jail for doing a bit of building management !!

Scaremongering.....