Thai chef attacks foreign owner in Pattaya Soi 7

webfact

Thai chef attacks foreign owner in Pattaya Soi 7

By Online Admin -

44.jpg?fit=3840,2160

PATTAYA: -- A former Thai chef at the popular Mexican restaurant, Tequila Reef, in Pattaya Soi 7 has attacked the boss after a heated argument.

At around 10pm on September 30th, Police were called down to Soi 7 in Pattaya, to the Tequila Reef restaurant in particular, where an attack had taken place.

Arriving at the scene, they found the 66 year old American owner with a small cut above his left eye. He was a little shaken up by the incident, but was said to be in a stable condition, with no serious injuries.

Full story: http://pattayaone.news/en/thai-chef-attacks-foreign-owner/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-10-02

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the article:

His name and details have been handed over to police, and they are said to be actively tracking down the suspect to bring in for questioning and possible charges.

Time to start handing out stiff penalties for crimes like this.  Locals don't seem to care.  Because if caught, it's normally a 500B fine.  No big deal.

11 minutes ago, missoura said:

The article stated that the chef found a better job and wanted to leave. The owner did not want that. Personally, I would not want to force a chef to cook for my customers.

No, nobody wants a chef that don´t want to cook no more.

However, it probably has something to do with that the chef wanted to stop the same day and hour. Here it is very sure that something in his contract and agreement says that he will have to inform a certain time in advance. Almost every restaurant have that for not stand in the shit in minutes.

As all other people in this country, the man couldn´t accept what he most probably agreed to when starting. That´s whats wrong!

16 minutes ago, Get Real said:

However, it probably has something to do with that the chef wanted to stop the same day and hour. Here it is very sure that something in his contract and agreement says that he will have to inform a certain time in advance. Almost every restaurant have that for not stand in the shit in minutes.

As all other people in this country, the man couldn´t accept what he most probably agreed to when starting. That´s whats wrong!

There is no such thing as loyalty here , leaving his boss in the shit after 2 years by switching job from one day to another.

9 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Contract? Thailand? :cheesy:

Yeah! They do exist. :cheesy:

1 minute ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

There is no such thing as loyalty here , leaving his boss in the shit after 2 years by switching job from one day to another.

I know. That´s what´s makes it so much more bad. 

2 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

We've got people who have been with us for years.  Probably largely due to the fact that we treat them better than they'd be treated elsewhere.  And not just on the salary end, though that's important.

23 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Painting with a pretty broad brush there, eh?  I'd put many of our Thai employees up against any I've worked with for attitude and work ethic- if not their educational backgrounds.

Hate to see things like this.  Usually there is a chain of events.  first the foreign restaurant was a big draw to many tourists. I used to love Tequila reef.  Then of course the business owner needs to make money so he cuts costs.  Then travel and business decrease due to other factors.  So reduced hours or reduced pay.  Costs go up.  Nobody is happy.  Things come to a boil.  Thailand used to have a reasonable balance between the locals and the foreign owners.  Sure bars and restaurants were sold and re-bought by new owners all the time.  But I am not so sure the environment is good for individual foreign owners now and seems worse than before.  Gosh I remember in 2004 and 2005 the place was rocking

40 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Maybe the chef is a fan of man-baby Diego Costa and other pro football players (soccer for yanks)... no loyalty, I guess tens of millions just not enough to show up for work

37 minutes ago, impulse said:

We've got people who have been with us for years.  Probably largely due to the fact that we treat them better than they'd be treated elsewhere.  And not just on the salary end, though that's important.

Painting with a pretty broad brush there, eh?  I'd put many of our Thai employees up against any I've worked with for attitude and work ethic- if not their educational backgrounds.

Great to know that you are a strong pillar in a weak society. :clap2:

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

A Thai chef cooking Mexican food?....Now I know why the food there is so bad.

1 minute ago, doggie1955 said:

A Thai chef cooking Mexican food?....Now I know why the food there is so bad.

Maybe, but not entirely true. There are really good Thai chefs that can deliver outstanding international food.
Off course they have some higher education and experiance from abroad, which I do not believe this particular chef in question have to put on his belt of knowledge.

Competition is becoming fierce, a good chief is difficult to find and harder to hold in the present environment. This is becoming evident as competition heats up. WE never seem to realize what we have until we are about to loose it!

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

From the article: Time to start handing out stiff penalties for crimes like this.  Locals don't seem to care.  Because if caught, it's normally a 500B fine.  No big deal. 

25 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Thai men in Pattaya know they can assault, beat or stab, a farang and get away with a very modest 500 baht fine. 

Thai cops hate to seriously punish a Thai law-breaker - when the victim is a farang.  Thai authorities will shout things like, "how dare you do harm to a farang, you stupid man. It's bad for our tourist image!"  .....but it's rarely anything beyond a harsh talking-to, with perhaps a tiny fine of Bt.500.

Similar, when a Thai is accused of raping a young backpacker girl.  Authorities respond with anger, but the culprit slinks out the back door, and that's it.

due to the date i suspect the employee got paid and told the owner he was offskie to another job. the owner said you still need to work a months notice at which point employee whacked him over the head with a crash helmet. i suspect the employee is working at his other job today with another farang owner reading the news thinking oh <deleted>

If someone ready to leave, no one can stop them. For me, the employee is right that he has given notice in advance.

Of course money is important to keep an employee, a smart employer would make staff happy more than money.

Most staff stay, when the employers giving an helping hands at the time of requirement of an employee, rather than ignoring their problems.

This is the key for a successful venture. Most importantly Boss should show more sincerity than an employee in working. Then only employee will follow the boxx.

1 hour ago, mok199 said:

no excuse for this behavior.the lack of professionalism in Thailand is the problem..no training no laws no morals no respect..and above all NO SHAME...

Can't argue with any of that........................ but we all know that when we come here and, like it or not, we have to lower our sights where such 'standards' are concerned.

Not always easy to turn the other cheek, but it often the best thing to do.

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

I love the typically TV comment, "it probably has something to do with" again no offence sir but had you read the link,

1) it is an ex-chef.! So nothing to do with wanting to leave the place in the minute.

2) He had come in to ask for a release statement to give to his new employer, in which the victim refused. 

I do not condone the chef reaction,

but no more those wrong comments ( i'm joking, :wink:)