App for ToDo lists , shopping lists etc that uses OK Google speech bot ?

oldcarguy

I was wondering if there was an android app that uses Googles speech recognition information to help you make ToDo lists , shopping lists etc by talking to the App ?

Best would be if you could have separate "Pages"  for each things ,

The idea is so you do not have to get out a pen or look at your screen , just talk to OK Google....

Maybe it could be OK LIst :)

at least for me OK Google does a great job understanding my voice......

Or maybe an App to dictate ThaiVisa messages so I do not have to put my Beer down !

Thanks for both your links , the evernote seems good but more complicated than I hoped,

Just trying to  get a little more organized ,  I end up writing notes  on whatever is close by and then trying to remember where I put them :)

While you might want to try Googles "Keep" application,  I find that I can dictate into almost any app by tapping the 'mic' on the keyboard and just talking. 

My android phone has "Google voice typing" enabled as an option.

image.png.a41dd6062a37f4eee192412889d7fa26.png

On 10/2/2017 at 10:55 AM, oldcarguy said:

uses Googles speech recognition information to help you make ToDo lists

I like Google Keep as well. If you press the mic button on keyboard you can talk in lists or check lists line by line. I always say Enter to make it do a carriage return for next item but I'm not sure if this is the only way so speak in a new list item?

Not sure what version of Android you have, or make/model phone you have?

But I can simply long-press central soft-key (Nexus 6/7.1.1 - Oct. security update) and invoke Assistant, then state any command..."reminder", or "take a note" (the reply is "which notes app", and on my phone the choice is Gmail or Keep or MPE Notes, which are the applicable apps.

https://assistant.google.com/

Google Assistant is pretty amazing. 

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I can simply long-press central soft-key (Nexus 6/7.1.1 - Oct. security update) and invoke Assistant

To add, the microphone icon for this is on my Android One lock screen.

My assistant didn't give me any options, just saved my dictated message directly to Keep. You must pay yours more than minimum wage.

Hi all

thanks for your ideas ,  I have tried some but  not much ,

I  guess I am hoping to find the simple , press button  - speak - say where to put message  and do it again if needed....

like many things with google , the pieces are there , and 10-20 more pieces you did not need.....

trying to make a program simple  probably does not get you many "brownie points" when you work at a tech company :)

Not sure how it could much simpler? You don't even have to press any buttons.

Install Google Keep (if it's not already installed).

Say "OK Google".

Say "make a note".

Speak your note

Done.

Or if you really need to "press a button"...

Open Keep.

Press microphone icon.

Speak your note.

Done.

I suspect that you really want some specific format? Sortable? With reminders? Linked to a calendar? But who knows (other than you) what those are?

I'm sure there are a number of apps which will address your specific requirements, all of which will support spoken input (if only from the keyboard's microphone button).

You can "speak" the text of your posts to ThaiVisa, again just press the microphone icon on your input keyboard.

Just an FYI, almost all speech-to-text applications require an active Internet connection, with very little activity already running on the phone. I usually have to close background apps before relying on the "Hey Siri" or "OK Google" routine to consistently function.

I prefer using the 'keyboard' microphone icon feature for text input as it works in most all applications and doesn't create an audio file that I later have to deal with. But then you're the one opening the app and tapping into the item line.

Some phones function better at this than others, with dedicated hardware and/or firmware baked into the ROM to have it function smoothly. Otherwise, you try creating and adding your own solution, knowing there will be limitations because you're the one cobbling it together. A "Flagship" phone will naturally do better at it than their lower cost brothers, sisters or cousins, as it's not a mundane task being accomplished. 

You'll also need to work with the Speech-to-Text routine both so it can train to your voice and you can become proficient to it's activation and input process requirements.

So instead of writing "I have tried some but    not much, " ...why not describe what you've tried and how it's falling short of your expectation. Maybe we can help with some hints.