Ratchatee Condo

ace

• 5 years later...

Been having a look myself (from UK) these last few days. Rented a condo in Markland Soi 1 last time here for 3 months at 15,000 a month. Fabulous views from 24th Floor on South Side across Pattaya Bay but building always very hot and the room was difficult to keep cool even though I had special curtains made to reduce the light entering the room.

Ratchatee Condo looks very smart and the condos within look reasonably priced. Don't know about yourself but a studio room about 45 sq.m is quite adequate for a single guy like myself.

I look at peace and quiet as my highest priority- not always easy to find in Pattaya. A sea view not essential if close to the beach. Good standard of air conditioning and UBC availability (at a cost) so that I can watch football in my room.

Sounds like I'm totally unsuited to Pattaya - but I spend most of the days and nights in the vicinity of Beach Road so it's just nice to retire to a cool peaceful room at the end of the day. If it's with a cute Thai girl all the better.

My spies tell me that new condos are going up at an amazing rate so it shouldn't be hard to find a condo of good standard at a reasonable rate

I found WongAmart a bit dirty last time I looked so anywhere from the Dusit Thani to Pattaya Klang is good

The only downside on this stretch are the predatory ladyboys. Always felt a bit vulnerable walking home at night but the baht buses will drop you between BigC and the Dolphin roundabout so easy to walk down one of the Sois to your condo

Pattaya appears to be suffering a foreign invasion of Russians Arabs and Indians - they seem to prefer South Pattaya but always worth checking the ethnic mix of any condo you are considering renting or buying. They don't always make good neighbours Good luck.