Trump tells Thailand to buy more from US

webfact

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Thian said:

Well what he did to Merkel also was very ashaming.

But he even couldn't drink tea with Prayuth or at least shut up about his agenda for tomollow?

It was only for the picture and to force Thailand to buy more american stuff. And to ask him when there would be elections while of course he even doesn't know who put Prayuth at his place or why he is there.

He did this pure for the show and on top of it started making the americans feel good by talking about his agenda. 

As fake as can be...i bet he even can't find Thailand on the worldmap.

Not only the Donald that couldn't find Thailand on a map. Most of the US is the same.

Sure. Every time I'm thinking of ordering something from the US, the 30+ $ postage makes me think twice. Especially when the same item is available from China with free postage. 

Trump should do something about the ridiculous post fees if he wants to sell any US goods elsewhere.

1 hour ago, farq said:

Not only the Donald that couldn't find Thailand on a map. Most of the US is the same.

Lol...., I visited a NP in New Mexico several years ago, and they were doing a survey on nationality of visitors.

not only was Australia not on the list, but the ranger didn't even know where it was!

after explaining that it was a continent, he said "ill put you down under New Zealand, then" .... at which point I spat the dummy (a perfectly normal reaction, right?... bloody kiwis!)

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Mate, he wouldn't even know where Thailand is.

Mate, Thailand sure knows where the US is:

http://www.southeastasia-images.com/Galleries/Bangkok-Cityscapes/i-F9fLVJr

Sure seems like any other major city in the US. Thailand's problem is gets bad, or for others, good press about dead-beat lifestyles in places like Pattaya.

Bet your Thai Bank Account runs on an American Made Computer System.

Edited by Kim1950

It truly warms my heart to know that all you pinko commie, so called, Americans who have made off-color comments about our President are now living outside of our great land.  I wish you could take more of your liberal retards with you.  Good riddance.  Get a life!

8 hours ago, free123 said:

trade imbalance roots in buying power imbalance... Thailand compare to the US has much less buying power... the Jobs are less payed so the products naturaly are cheaper here and to sell to the US... american have plenty of buying power and consumes whatever Thais sell them cheap on reverse their wages are high that makes US products very expensive for low payed thais... so once the expensive produced US product reaches Thailand it is heavy taxed... on reverse US has lowered or canceled import tax on many products... 

Contrary to most of the nonsense posted in this thread, free123, your post attempts to explain the causes of the trade imbalance.

You make some excellent observations. Trump is furious about these imbalances and has no problem with using border adjustment taxes to bring trade more into balance. 

Merkel, of course, is furious that Trump would levy taxes of 20% on German built cars. Naturally, Merkel is more than happy with the 20% levy on American imports to Germany.

So name calling and blowing smoke is the only answer the politicians have in attempting to hold off Trump's demand for fair trade deals. Anyone who looked at these border taxes can see why the imbalances occur and most are terrified that Trump will fulfill his campaign promise to "level the playing field".

At the same time, Trump doesn't trust China and their relationship with NK. He also wants Thailand to stop sourcing raw materials from NK. 

Thailand will have to decide what is in their best interest. If they side with NK and China, chances are they will have to develop markets in those countries to replace sales no longer going to the US.  Nothing easy here and no simple answers. 

Edited by Watchful

4 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Sure. Every time I'm thinking of ordering something from the US, the 30+ $ postage makes me think twice. Especially when the same item is available from China with free postage. 

Trump should do something about the ridiculous post fees if he wants to sell any US goods elsewhere.

Ever hear of import tax and state protection, the Thais have and do which causes the trade imbalance with all countries. Don, just slap 300% import tax on rice and seafood and see the little ones change their corrupt ways.

1 hour ago, Rojelio said:

It truly warms my heart to know that all you pinko commie, so called, Americans who have made off-color comments about our President are now living outside of our great land.  I wish you could take more of your liberal retards with you.  Good riddance.  Get a life!

I have to agree with you, but you will find many expats are like this, failed in their own country and ran off to pastures new to slag off their own country until they suddenly find themselves kicked out of the guest country and then expect their own country to support their drunken failed ways, a bit like the Mark guy who complains about the UK only giving him £70 aweek to live on after he had to leave Thai to go home as Thai did not want him anymore as he was a drunk with no future due to him being lazy good for nothing..

20 hours ago, farq said:

United States President Donald Trump told Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha that Thailand should buy more American products to reduce the trade imbalance.

Who does that psychopath Trump think he is?! Trying to dictate to OUR dictator what he should be doing?!

If America made anything useful, maybe. Their cars are junk, white goods are crap, food is toxic, even their "great" weapons are rubbish. Who would buy from a junk dealer? China makes more sense. Cheap and practical. Fastest computers, most patents, fastest trains, quantum communications. That's where a smart person spends the money. 

9 hours ago, farcanell said:

Lol...., I visited a NP in New Mexico several years ago, and they were doing a survey on nationality of visitors.

not only was Australia not on the list, but the ranger didn't even know where it was!

after explaining that it was a continent, he said "ill put you down under New Zealand, then" .... at which point I spat the dummy (a perfectly normal reaction, right?... bloody kiwis!)

Didn't you tell the ranger that New Zealand is where Australia keeps its sheep? (Sorry Kiwis)

10 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

If America made anything useful, maybe. Their cars are junk, white goods are crap, food is toxic, even their "great" weapons are rubbish. Who would buy from a junk dealer? China makes more sense. Cheap and practical. Fastest computers, most patents, fastest trains, quantum communications. That's where a smart person spends the money. 

OMG ! Your post is hilarious. I'm not American (thank God) but I live in their neighbouring country to the north. "Junk cars, crap white goods, food is toxic, weapons are rubbish"! What illegal substance are you on? Why such a hard-on for America? These are ridiculously wild statements. When many of us North Americans spend are hard earned dollars on goods, we generally look at where it is made and choose mainland manufactured goods first over off-shore imports ..... not because of patriotism but rather because we do prefer quality over cheap, throwaway imports. As for "weapons are rubbish" as compared to Chinese, I guess we won't really know who has the better product until China and America have a go at each other.

Rare is the occasion when I defend America. But when somebody spews crap like you just did, I feel compelled to do so. Thanks for the lop sided opinion. I was just falling asleep (way to early) but you jolted me awake with your pure crap. I'm curious to know your home country, please tell.

Maybe we can hear from some Americans now. Guys !

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayuth Not Striking Arms Deal In Washington, Junta Says

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

AP17275615338301-1-696x464.jpg  

President Donald Trump listens as Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha speaks during a meeting in the Oval Office of the White House, Monday, Oct. 2, 2017, in Washington. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

BANGKOK — Junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha’s trip to meet US President Donald Trump did not include any discussion of arms sales, a junta deputy said Tuesday.

Prayuth’s much-anticipated trip to the White House, which officials say is to boost regional cooperation and also burnishes the coup leader’s bonafides, raised speculation that the military regime would also move to buy more arms from the Americans. The junta already approved two previous arm buys from the United States.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/10/03/prayuth-not-striking-arms-deal-washington-junta-says/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-10-03

How about some weatern size clothes? Especially shirts. The rest would be too expensive after taxes.

A really scary video clip that makes Mr. P. look way better than Mr. T......Scary, to be honest.

Mr. T. seems to be on a very strange medication and it's obvious that he's got huge problems to follow the conversation.

Please look into his eyes on this screenshot and decide what's wrong with him. No smile, no laughter, no nothing, but "rings" under his eyes that turned purple.

My medical background has helped me to form my own personal opinion.

What's wrong with a man who's got the power to make very tough decisions that could be very harmful and dangerous for too many people? Perhaps also for us....

This interview makes Prayuth look like a very good daddy talking to somebody who's mentally totally derailed. 

A military general and an older man with Alzheimer and perhaps a brain tumor is no fun to look at. My apologies to pro T.'s. 

Maybe Thailand should buy more Ping Pong Balls from the States?

On a strange medication.png

Edited by jenny2017

46 minutes ago, ThaidaGwaii said:

Tough decision for Mr Prayut.  The army already bought tanks and Submarines.  What else does Thailand needs?

More foreigners who settle down and spend all their money until they're naked? 

14 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

A really scary video clip that makes Mr. P. look way better than Mr. T......Scary, to be honest.

Mr. T. seems to be on a very strange medication and it's obvious that he's got huge problems to follow the conversation.

Please look into his eyes on this screenshot and decide what's wrong with him. No smile, no laughter, no nothing, but "rings" under his eyes that turned purple.

My medical background has helped me to form my own personal opinion.

What's wrong with a man who's got the power to make very tough decisions that could be very harmful and dangerous for too many people? Perhaps also for us....

This interview makes Prayuth look like a very good daddy talking to somebody who's mentally totally derailed. 

A military general and an older man with Alzheimer and perhaps a brain tumor is no fun to look at. My apologies to pro T.'s. 

Maybe Thailand should buy more Ping Pong Balls from the States?

On a strange medication.png

Wow.  Some Doctor you must be, complete diagnosis of brain tumour and Alzheimer's from a video clip.  Maybe you could get on skype and ease the burden of GP's in the UK with your talent.

37 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Wow.  Some Doctor you must be, complete diagnosis of brain tumour and Alzheimer's from a video clip.  Maybe you could get on skype and ease the burden of GP's in the UK with your talent.

Google it, please. 

On 10/3/2017 at 11:38 AM, BuaBS said:

Trump could sell Thailand some weapons :smile:, or put some skyhigh import tax on Thai imports .... you know , like the Thai do on foreign imports.

Yes the Thai government are what you called spaced out clowns. Making it near impossible to sell any foreign goods in Thailand.

They are so dumb that they add massive duties and destroy any trade. A new PM no change and more army spending. Please next application include. No clowns please 

"Thailand was the United States' 25th largest goods export market in 2016, but maintains an $18.9 billion goods trade deficit with Thailand, the United States’ 11thlargest. " Trump's right. As already noted, like every other country, they get most of their STEM products and services from the US.

https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/southeast-asia-pacific/thailand

On 3.10.2017 at 9:50 PM, wakeupplease said:

Om Map

On map, was it Thai spelling or simply do not know

Lack of proofreading before submitting reply.

English is not my native language...

You can regard it as a Zen moment.

Oooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Edited by Jonah Tenner