TESCO LOTUS Chiang Mai Online Shopping- unimpressed

davehowden

Recently ordered a delivery of 5 cases of Leo, booked a slot within the "can buy beer" hours and agreed to pay the 30B surcharge for delivery at that time.

Delivery truck arrives with one case of beer only but still want the 30B surcharge. No reason given for the "only one case" situation, I refused to accept delivery and sent them on their way.

I also note that promo codes (eCoupon) cannot be used for:

eCoupon cannot be applied to alcohol, cigarette, tobacco, gift card, clubpack,energy drink, M150, sponsor, Red Bull, Ajinomoto monosodium glutamate, Birdy Iced Coffee, Breastmilk substitutes for children aged 0-3 years (from their website)

Wont be bothering with them anymore !!

Not on topic so please forgive me....but I have to tell somebody.

In Homepro yesterday in Big C, Pattaya Klang, I bought 3 small grinding discs, total 60 Bt. I handed the cashier my membership card (or whatever you call it)...."No plastic" she said pointing to the plastic bags. I hadn't a clue what she was talking about so I nodded and let her carry on. She handed me the discs back with my change....but no bag. "Bag Krap" I said to her. ....."No bag, you get 10 points but no bag".

It appears then, if you claim your points when making a purchase at Homepro and use your mem card....you get your points.....but no bag? The choice is yours ( I think)

So, put that in your pipe and smoke it?

Just now, dotpoom said:

In Homepro yesterday in Big C, Pattaya Klang, I bought 3 small grinding discs, total 60 Bt. I handed the cashier my membership card (or whatever you call it)...."No plastic" she said pointing to the plastic bags. I hadn't a clue what she was talking about so I nodded and let her carry on. She handed me the discs back with my change....but no bag. "Bag Krap" I said to her. ....."No bag, you get 10 points but no bag".

It appears then, if you claim your points when making a purchase at Homepro and use your mem card....you get your points.....but no bag? The choice is yours ( I think)

It seems that people have difficulty completing a sentence to be understood.

"No plastic' is ambiguous but so is 'bag krap'.

8 hours ago, davehowden said:

Delivery truck arrives with one case of beer only but still want the 30B surcharge. No reason given for the "only one case" situation, I refused to accept delivery and sent them on their way.

I think it is more like a language problem rather than no reason given.

In the past we have ordered through Tesco's online (usually the big packs of water). 

The delivery arrives and its nearly always missing something... sometimes its missing all the water. I'm not sure we have ever had a complete delivery. 

The Ops understanding of the issue may be a language issue or a failure of the delivery guy to try to explain - they simply didn't have enough water in Stock and sent out what they could. 

For this reason alone, when we order online we pay on delivery otherwise Tesco's subtracts from your card, then takes one month to refund if an item is missing / unavailable !!!

Equally so, in the past we've ordered 'stuff' i.e. 6 Packs of water and toothpaste ! (thats it)... they turn up with just the Toothpaste and no water (which is out of Stock) - So we are expected to pay the delivery charge for a single tube of toothpaste - we too send the whole delivery back !!!!...  They could / should be calling us ahead of time to inform us of the incomplete delivery and to find out if we still want it. 

That said: delivery makes life much easier, but its not without its flaws. 

Tesco have some weird logic at the Chiang Mai branch - (were you ordering from Hang Dong Rd?)

Normally they used to restrict beer to two cases (24 bottles) They still do that if you are forced to use the "per bottle" order, as you do for Red Horse. Chang used to be the same but now you can order by the case - yes, there is no logic! You can buy over 100 bottles of Chang but no more than 24 of Red Horse.

Normally if they cannot fulfill the order they usually telephone to explain beforehand.

As for the "Beer Hours"  - well let's just say that goes out of the window when it suits them, especially if you make the order for after 6PM, they will often turn up quite a bit earlier - (I have told them that basically there is someone home all day so they need no longer stick to a schedule)

They also now like to take a photo of you with all the products once you sign for them, apparently as one of their drivers told me, they had people ringing in after they had delivered claiming items missing and even non delivery (They were Thai apparently!)

All in all I find them to be really good, they are always helpful and pleasant, the only complaints I have is that often there are items I have ordered for years - pretty ordinary things that suddenely do not appear on the online listing.

5 hours ago, dotpoom said:

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

I think you may find that if you don’t take the bag you get an extra 10 points Tesco Lotus we’re doing something similar not sure if it still applies

I use to use Tesco Lotus, but they never ever sent me me points over a number of years. Even when I complained I still did not receive them. Other friends of mine who use Tesco say they don't always get their points. It does not surprise me from that what some of you are saying Tesco (a British company) has joined the Thai Premier League of Corruption. 

I placed  a 500-baht order with Tesco online last week for the first time, and received all the items requested, which included three packs of drinking water, refrigerated items and frozen items.  I live five km south of Mae Rim and booked a no-delivery-charge time slot. However, on the down side, they couldn't communicate at all in English when they called me on delivery day (probably to confirm the address or check if I was home) AND they showed up at 2 pm instead of the 6-to-8pm time slot I had booked. I'll be using their services again in the future as I want to encourage them to keep this service going.

And I dont give a rat's *ss about Lotus "points." The service is free, and it saves me time and gas money. That's good enough for me.

4 hours ago, searcher22 said:

And I dont give a rat's *ss about Lotus "points." The service is free, and it saves me time and gas money. That's good enough for me.

Very good to know that there is somebody out there that is not expecting Rolls Royce service for bicycle pricing. 

On 10/4/2017 at 1:54 PM, EricTh said:

On 10/4/2017 at 1:21 PM, dotpoom said:

Bag krap? What language is that? It`s no wonder many Farlangs live their lives in total confusion in Thailand. I suggest that if ordering goods online or going out shopping is to take a Thai with them, because it seems they are hopeless on their own.

On 10/4/2017 at 1:56 PM, EricTh said:

I think it is more like a language problem rather than no reason given.

Not my experience they even call upfront to check if you are at the place of delivery and go thru the order changes.

Archived