Marriage Visa/fixed Deposit

I just renewed my marriage extension for the 4th time using a 3 month fixed deposit(400,000 in advance 3 months) from Bangkok Bank. The officer didn't have a problem with this method. The officer did suggest that I should have a steady flow of money into the account for next years renewal. She said that regulations may change. My experience on 7/1/2007, see you next year!

I just renewed my marriage extension for the 4th time using a 3 month fixed deposit(400,000 in advance 3 months) from Bangkok Bank. The officer didn't have a problem with this method. The officer did suggest that I should have a steady flow of money into the account for next years renewal. She said that regulations may change. My experience on 7/1/2007, see you next year!

It is only new applicants (post 01 October) that can only use 40,000 baht per month income for extension. You are already in the scheme based on funds in the bank, and can continue so to do.

It is only new applicants (post 01 October) that can only use 40,000 baht per month income for extension. You are already in the scheme based on funds in the bank, and can continue so to do.

I understand I am granfathered into the previous regulations. I am just passing along information about what the officer told me might happen in the future. Your guess is as good as mine.

I believe the officer may have been making reference to a flow of money in/out of the account rather than the require 40k per month income requirement new applicants need to meet (that it likely will be checked more closely?). Checking the account for living expense activity has always been a factor for this type of extension of stay but was seldom closely questioned.

I believe the officer may have been making reference to a flow of money in/out of the account rather than the require 40k per month income requirement new applicants need to meet (that it likely will be checked more closely?). Checking the account for living expense activity has always been a factor for this type of extension of stay but was seldom closely questioned.

exactly Lopburi, My fixed account didn't show any activity. Next year I will not use a Fixed account, they want to see the account activity and the lump sum in the same account I believe.