scourer pad

Cricky

Does anyone know where I can buy a scourer pad ( just the green domestic type that’s found in most kitchens) without metal splinters within.

I have tried the Scotch Brite also the Big C generic brands all have these metal shavings within.

Again,  just the green scourer pads.

I am wearing gloves and keep getting stabbed by these sharp metal objects within the scourer.

ShotType1_328x328.jpg

20 hours ago, rickjza said:

I am wearing gloves and keep getting stabbed by these sharp metal objects within the scourer.

Are you sure the "metal" is coming from the scourer? We've used these things for years (both Scotch and own-brand) and never found anything other than green plastic.

EDIT They are stated as "non-metallic" http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/347828O/scotch-brite-hand-pads.pdf the "special mineral" is Aluminium Oxide.

I'm positive it's coming from the scourer, I can remove the steel but there are far too many to get them all. 

BTW, thanks for the information attached. I shall give 3M an email to find out what's going on. 

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

Are you sure the "metal" is coming from the scourer? We've used these things for years (both Scotch and own-brand) and never found anything other than green plastic.

EDIT They are stated as "non-metallic" http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/347828O/scotch-brite-hand-pads.pdf the "special mineral" is Aluminium Oxide.

Likewise. I am using the sort that come on the yellow sponge and never had a problem with getting stabbed.

Easy to separate the green pad from the yellow sponge if so desired.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Likewise. I am using the sort that come on the yellow sponge and never had a problem with getting stabbed.

Easy to separate the green pad from the yellow sponge if so desired.

No yellow sponge, it is the green plastic type scourer.

2 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Interesting i would send these pictures of to the manufacturer if you have the origional packaging. Thats not good shouldnt be like that at all. 

I have just shot of an email to 3M UK with photos attached.