Without Phuket lifeguards, Chinese tourist drowns at Karon Beach

snoop1130

Without Phuket lifeguards, Chinese tourist drowns at Karon Beach

The Phuket News

1507285717_1-org.jpg

Attempts to revive the Chinese tourist on the beach failed. Photo: Supplied

PHUKET:-- A 29-year-old Chinese tourist has drowned at Karon Beach, marking the first death since the Phuket Lifeguard Service declined to renew its bid to provide lifeguard services on the island last Saturday (Oct 1).

Rachen Phuntarakit, the Chief Administrative Officer (Palad) at Karon Municipality gave the tourist’s name as “Sa Gnan”, who was reportedly staying at a resort in Patong.

Karon Municipality Civil Defense Volunteers patrolling the beach found Mr Sa floating in the water at 4:45pm yesterday (Oct 5), Supachai Chanphet, head of the Department of Disaster Prevention & Mitigation division at Karon Municipality told The Phuket News today.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/without-phuket-lifeguards-chinese-tourist-drowns-at-karon-beach-64209.php#hUam7wlJT0Gd53gj.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-10-6

Chinese tourists are a menace when they get near water. There has been literally scores of them drowned in Thailand over the last 3 to 4 years that they have been pouring into the country.

All coastal resorts have had their fare share of drowning's. Even resort and hotel swimming pools are too much for them. I have seen news articles where they report that they get "cultural " inductions before they leave to explain their disgusting habits, spitting lumps of green snot everywhere being one, are not appreciated outside the former Red Curtain. Maybe they should get swimming lessons as well or told  to stay out of the water.

4 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

Chinese tourists are a menace when they get near water. There has been literally scores of them drowned in Thailand over the last 3 to 4 years that they have been pouring into the country.

About one death per week or so.

With or without lifeguards.

They ignore all warnings, even the signs in Chinese language.

7 hours ago, swerve said:

If you can't swim, you must stay out of the water.  China needs to teach more of its citizens how to swim.

Even if you can swim, at this time of the year especially, everyone should stay out of the water, except for a paddle ! I am a decent swimmer, and got swept a couple of kilometres off Karon Beach in an unbelievable rip. When I finally made it back to shore I was told by a local that it was not unusual for a few people to be drowned on this beach EVERY DAY !!!