Thaksin faces more agony

rooster59

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

No he is not, he screams Thaksin supporter, when I am quite clearly not. I have supported my position with relevant verifiable facts, and will now refrain from ever responding to this person again. Not surprised you think he is a realist. You also ignore the facts that you find inconvenient. Bottom line that is not the treats of a realist. More of a hypocrite.

The only thing screaming out is the old Thaksin Supporter refrains. I'll give the non-response sing-song about 5 minutes.

23 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

No it isn't. Convenient fact ignored that it was the Thailand Constitutional Court which removed Yingluck from office, so to claim there was still a government effectively in office a total nonsense. The other point (and I would prefer not to go there mods please note) was that the imposition of military law was signed off by the head of state so to claim treason completely out of order.

No you conveniently forget (or don't know) that when the PM is removed, it does not mean the whole government is suddenly gone. the true fact is that Yingluck was subsequently replaced (all in accordance with the constitution) with Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan, who served 15 days before he and his government were illegally deposed off by the coup. 

Spare me your <deleted>, the signing of the "military law" by the head of state being the most utterly stupid excuse I have heard about the coup. What choice did the head of state really have ? Not to mention that signing off came AFTER the fact, not before. The law quoted a few post back has been violated, most coup cheerleaders are not so daft to deny that, simply because it cannot be denied. 

2 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

No you conveniently forget (or don't know) that when the PM is removed, it does not mean the whole government is suddenly gone. the true fact is that Yingluck was subsequently replaced (all in accordance with the constitution) with Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan, who served 15 days before he and his government were illegally deposed off by the coup. 

Spare me your <deleted>, the signing of the "military law" by the head of state being the most utterly stupid excuse I have heard about the coup. What choice did the head of state really have ? Not to mention that signing off came AFTER the fact, not before. The law quoted a few post back has been violated, most coup cheerleaders are not so daft to deny that, simply because it cannot be denied. 

Headless chicken time for a government waiting for Thaksin to illegally pull the strings as had been all along. That's no government. And as for your assigned motivation to the head of state, what a hoot.

10 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Convicted of committing treason? That would be according to you and the Reds presumably.

Uh, no that would be according to the laws of Thailand. You see, even in Thailand overthrowing a legal government and tearing up the constitution is actually illegal.

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Headless chicken time for a government waiting for Thaksin to illegally pull the strings as had been all along. That's no government. And as for your assigned motivation to the head of state, what a hoot.

You don't make the law. A caretaker government is a legit incumbent government in the constitution. Only a constitution court or a coup can dismiss the caretaker government. A coup seized power from the caretaker government. It is that simple. 

5 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Whatever you bring to table, whatever the bickering, it cannot possibly make the coup legit. The voters were well aware that Thaksin was pulling strings, did you object to the Buriram guy pulling strings and making backroom deals to make Abhisit's government possible, after all he was serving a five year ban from politics..

15 hours ago, tomta said:

But it is not all about Thaksin. Yes, Yingluck was legally removed from power. But the subsequent government - the Pheua Thai government - was illegally removed from power.

I guess you mean that PTP 'caretakers government' which was supposed to only be busy with current affairs, but kept the power to itself for longer than the 3 months it should have, don't you...?

Am I correct this was not a first timefor the Shins' parties, as Thaksin did the exact same thing, stretching it and stretching it, until... some other persons decided the game had lasted long enough and prescribed the same old strong medicine which had proved to 'work' (too) many times: send in the army...

Mind you, the fact Thaksin had chosen to have his(!) government stay in power instead of leave, was, IMHO,  ...a coup, in against the Thai institutions and the Constitution, which, when it would have been tolerated longer, could/would have lead to him officially becoming a dictator, and, possibly start up the hereditary 'presidency' he and his clan had in mind to 'perenise' their grip over the country they wanted to administer as their private property, for their sole profit.

Alas, for them, it seems someone higher up did not at all like the idea... 

17 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Subsequent government? Do talk us through that one.....

The 15 day tenure of the constitutional Pheua Thai PM, Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan, after Yingluck was removed from office. Clearly, neither he nor his government made much of an impression on the headlines. But I'm guessing, SheungWan, that the headlines are about where your reading stops.

2 hours ago, tomta said:

The 15 day tenure of the constitutional Pheua Thai PM, Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan, after Yingluck was removed from office. Clearly, neither he nor his government made much of an impression on the headlines. But I'm guessing, SheungWan, that the headlines are about where your reading stops.

They wouldn't have made much of an impression at all other than instructions received from Thaksin.

On ‎11‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 11:22 AM, bangrak said:

I guess you mean that PTP 'caretakers government' which was supposed to only be busy with current affairs, but kept the power to itself for longer than the 3 months it should have, don't you...?

Am I correct this was not a first timefor the Shins' parties, as Thaksin did the exact same thing, stretching it and stretching it, until... some other persons decided the game had lasted long enough and prescribed the same old strong medicine which had proved to 'work' (too) many times: send in the army...

Mind you, the fact Thaksin had chosen to have his(!) government stay in power instead of leave, was, IMHO,  ...a coup, in against the Thai institutions and the Constitution, which, when it would have been tolerated longer, could/would have lead to him officially becoming a dictator, and, possibly start up the hereditary 'presidency' he and his clan had in mind to 'perenise' their grip over the country they wanted to administer as their private property, for their sole profit.

Alas, for them, it seems someone higher up did not at all like the idea... 

3 Months ? the constitution stated it will be in care taker status until the time a new government can be formed. It certainly was not due to PTP's government that they had to stay on past the February elections, as they were severely disrupted by Suthep and co. (a criminal offence by the way)....

You are being extremely economical with the truth here. 

Edited by sjaak327