Site wont load properly using Microsoft Edge

7by7

Like many people, I updated to Microsoft Edge when it came out, and until a few days ago have had no problems.

I'm still not having any problems, except with Thai Visa!

The pages load, but are completely blank; whether I go to the forum home page, a sub forum or directly to a topic; e.g. by following a link via Google or your emails. No error message, just a blank page.

I still have Internet Explorer on my PC, and am currently using that to access TV.

No problems with using Edge for any other websites, whether they be based in Thailand, the UK or elsewhere.

Edit:

Don't know if it's relevant, but I'm posting from the UK.

22 minutes ago, Carib said:

Gave it a try on `Edge`  and no problems. Not in Thailand either at the moment. Maybe deleting your cookies and start over can help. 

Tried that; no good.

19 minutes ago, Slip said:

I would suggest that the problem is not edge based but Thai visa based.  The site has been struggling lately.  There is a thread about it.

Indeed, Slip, ever since they started 'updating.'

Proof, were it ever needed, of the old adage "If it aint broke, don't fix it!"

Just tried moving the cursor around the blank page. It locates links to various other parts of the forum; but when I click although the address bar shows I've gone to that page; it's still blank.

If it's a link to an ad, works fine and the ad loads!

I am in Thailand and can open Thaivisa in Edge (which I rarely use).

I browsed and didn't find something exceptional at first sight.

I have no immediate idea what the problem is.

At first sight:

although the pages open quickly, I see an "empty page" title for a short moment in the tab title?

("Leere Seite" is German for "empty page", too lazy to switch to English)

emptypage.jpg

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I updated to Microsoft Edge when it came out, and until a few days ago have had no problems.

I'm still not having any problems, except with Thai Visa!

I'm not having any issues with Edge either (other than it responding slowly going to MSN pages when I told it to load ThaiVisa, but that's Edge for you, being edgy I guess).  Posting this from the edgy Edge.

7by7,  does your copy of Edge have any 'extensions' loaded. That's usually what stops the browser from properly displaying the page after being rendered.

Also, try loading ThaiVisa using "New InPrivate Window" ("InPrivate" Explorer/Edge, "Private" Firefox/Safari, "Incognito" Chrome browsers), see if that makes any difference.

Also might want to try <ctrl><f5> for force a complete refresh of all ancillary loaded pages, especially CSS and any JavaScript the site uses to display/render the page.

Wish I could help but ThaiVisa opens fine for me in Edge, IE, or Chrome.    I'm in Bangkok.   I even went into Edge Advanced setting a messed around with them (i.e., turn some setting on or off) to see if they had an effect on ThaiVisa in Edge...non of the setting did....Thaivisa continued to open fine.

Well, when I say opens fine that don't count the periods during the last few weeks with ThaiVisa was extremely slow and opened  threads/posts extremely slow regardless of browser being used.   But for the last 24 hours or so it seems to be back to normal....don't know how long that will last.    Maybe Edge was timing out in trying to reach ThaiVisa during one of its extremely slow periods although IE wouldn't time out...don't know...guessing.

Archived