680i Motherboard

beammeup

Can anyone tell me if I can get a 680i motherboard at Pantip? Preferably an Asus or MSI. I would also like an E6600, and good RAM. I am in the states working so I have the oportunity to get it here if they arn't available in Thailand. I dont want to carry it all the way though if I can avoid it and take it through custums if I can get the gear in thailand.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if I can get a 680i motherboard at Pantip? Preferably an Asus or MSI. I would also like an E6600, and good RAM. I am in the states working so I have the oportunity to get it here if they arn't available in Thailand. I dont want to carry it all the way though if I can avoid it and take it through custums if I can get the gear in thailand.

Thanks

Anyone been to Pantip lately??

Thanks

Chances of them remembering a specific motherboard is pretty slim. :o

E6600 won't be a problem, expect to pay around 13k.

Good RAM? If something like Corsair Value Select or Corsair TWINX XMS2 is ok then it's available at Panthip, around 9k and 11k for a 2x1Gb set. Being smaller items l would compare prices with the US first as you would expect to pay more in Thailand. I've brought in bigger items from Singapore before and never been questioned so far.

ASUS motherboard, take a look at Busitek for an idea of what's available.

http://www.busitek.com/forms/pricelist.html

If you go to Panthip Busitek is a good place to look for high end gear. Speak to Jen if you need any advice, she speaks good English, even if you want to ask technical questions. There are also some high end places on the ground floor, some are at the very back on the left, another couple are closer to the front of Panthip on the right.

E6600 won't be a problem, expect to pay around 13k.

Good RAM? If something like Corsair Value Select or Corsair TWINX XMS2 is ok then it's available at Panthip, around 9k and 11k for a 2x1Gb set. Being smaller items l would compare prices with the US first as you would expect to pay more in Thailand. I've brought in bigger items from Singapore before and never been questioned so far.

ASUS motherboard, take a look at Busitek for an idea of what's available.

http://www.busitek.com/forms/pricelist.html

If you go to Panthip Busitek is a good place to look for high end gear. Speak to Jen if you need any advice, she speaks good English, even if you want to ask technical questions. There are also some high end places on the ground floor, some are at the very back on the left, another couple are closer to the front of Panthip on the right.

Thanks Penguin, I did find that Busitek web sight a couple of days ago and I have got some goodies from them before. Actually there priced are pretty good compared to prices in Canada when you facter in PST and GST. I am hoping that there priced on the Busitek sight include taxes. I am not from the States so I do not know where to but gear here, I dont think I will have time either. Everyone seems to buy online. Anyway Busitek have most of what I want anyway so my Question is pretty much answered I will probably settle for a 965 board as I wount be going SLI anytime soon.

Cheers

Thanks

Chances of them remembering a specific motherboard is pretty slim. :o

Never underestimate geeks!!

I am hoping that there priced on the Busitek sight include taxes.

If you are paying cash then you pay the prices listed on the website.

Like many other Panthip shops if you buy all or most of your parts there they will assemble it for free while you wait. When it's finished they start it up and pause the BIOS screen so you can see they have installed the processor, memory etc. you paid for.

The motherboard you were asking about is very new so it might take a while to make it to Thailand. No point in getting it if you're not going Sli. I considered getting one of the high end ASUS boards myself but most of the features l was never going to use so went for the P5B-VM, no complaints, the onboard video is very good, maybe not for someone who is into games but it's fine for me.

There are a few other shops l've seen selling highend boards like Tynan and DFI LANParty, they have websites if you do some searching but they're not as well known as Busitek. Jedi is good if you want to see some different cases and cooling gear, more aimed at gamers with a range of water cooling equipment and other case mods.