post office open october 13

tomahawk

1 hour ago, chingmai331 said:

What public holiday occurs on 13 October?  Banks, govt offices, beer shops all closed.  What nonsense.

The government declared October 13th (the one-year anniversary of the death of Rama IX) a national holiday long ago and it was all over the news and in the newspapers (both Thai and English).   I would suggest you not offer any comment about it.

9 hours ago, CMBob said:

The government declared October 13th (the one-year anniversary of the death of Rama IX) a national holiday long ago and it was all over the news and in the newspapers (both Thai and English).   I would suggest you not offer any comment about it.

And covered in multiple threads in Thaivisa.

17 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

It's a public holiday.

Would be surprised it any office in town is open.

Airport could be an exception. Could...

Every city in Thailand has a post office open 365 days a year. In Chiang Mai there are always two. If not Airport, then Central Festival. KSK possibly if one or the other is closed.

3 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Every city in Thailand has a post office open 365 days a year. In Chiang Mai there are always two. If not Airport, then Central Festival. KSK possibly if one or the other is closed.

Are you sure that the CF and KSK offices are actual POs. I think they're just agencies and depend on an actual PO for service. 99% sure the CNX airport PO will be open. (Not Airport Plaza)

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

Almost and depends on what you call city :biggrin:

Not a single 365 post office in a 200 km radius from me.

O.K. there are exceptions...:wink: But we've been round and round on this one with many people swearing every P.O. is closed on the biggest Buddhist (or other holidays) of the year, and then several members from all over the Kingdom posting copies of their bills with the date on it, proving otherwise. Personally, I've never seen Festival branch closed - ever (the government branch inside, not the private sub-station outside near the exit on the Doi Saket Road).

2 minutes ago, CMMCB said:

Are you sure that the CF and KSK offices are actual POs. I think they're just agencies and depend on an actual PO for service. 99% sure the CNX airport PO will be open. (Not Airport Plaza)

I am 100% certain CF and KSK are actual P.O.'s. We've been round and round on this one too.

A Thailand post office:

Post-office.jpg

Don't tell me that those booths at Central or elsewhere are post offices.

365: name the post offices that are open on Songkran.

Now it would be a good time for the thread starter to come back and explain what his postal business on Friday 13th is.

Although a bit late in the day perhaps for some, the Post Office at Kad Suan Kaew (well, actually in the north end of the Lotus Hotel building) is actually open today.  Just posted a letter there an hour ago.

On 10/11/2017 at 3:04 PM, elektrified said:

KSK Branch....

Still looking for a photo of CF Branch.

mailbag456-1.jpg

Click on the "letter" post office symbol in the center of this map to see photos of the 2nd level postal station at Central Festival. Located behind the AIZ and across from Sportswear store near the southern lifts in the small corridor leading to south car park entrance:  https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1f2M3V9dd6dwcdfj1iv1pqVEr-9E&hl=en&ll=18.80661419999999%2C99.0181566&z=20

10 hours ago, CMBob said:

Although a bit late in the day perhaps for some, the Post Office at Kad Suan Kaew (well, actually in the north end of the Lotus Hotel building) is actually open today.  Just posted a letter there an hour ago.

Like I said.....at least one P.O. open 365/year....(usually two).

On 10/11/2017 at 3:00 PM, KhunBENQ said:

365: name the post offices that are open on Songkran.

I don't know at the moment as they don't announce which one(s) will be open until a few days before. But, I can assure you there will be one or two open on Songkran; probably Airport and/or CF.

Archived