Buying home with Thai girlfriend advice

1 minute ago, transam said:

As I said, I will deal with anything that may happen, l never hold back worrying about the if....I will just move on and see what happens....Perhaps an adventurous attitude, don't know, l just get on with it..

I never care about folk liking my.....classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.b6f7368bf7655e6c0b06a3da17f8677f.gif.......As long as I am happy that is cool....Haven't been shot yet singing "My Way"....sarcastic-applause-smiley-emoticon.gif.2dc83406f146868ab9e4910cbb8a9c31.gif

Wish you all the best. I am happy too and enjoy life, but I am not careless.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, mrfaroukh said:

Wish you all the best. I am happy too and enjoy life, but I am not careless.

You can do everything perfect in life and then it bites you big time...I have the T-shirt......Life at times will not work out as you expected being perfect, I know....So now I just go for it and see what happens...For sure my life book has another chapter if l don't pop off before...singing-in-the-rain-smiley-emoticon.gif.8f8f0b0d479024a5014ec5c0a9198a87.gif

3 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

My advice to you

In many provinces they have what like a village bank who loan money at a decent rate.

i would get the woman to borrow money...in HER name, telling her you will make the repayment every year as long as you with her.

How can she get a loan for the house if she has no money. Banks are not as stupid here as in the USA.

Not a chance.

1 minute ago, aussieinphuket said:

Don't be a fool  xxxx its that simple.... 

Buy in your name or don't do it...

They will eventually work out a scam to get rid of your and you won't have anything left.

Its plain and simple i have seen and heard of so many western guys getting scammed doing this ....

Oh burned one talks....:stoner:

Is it in Her Area.?

If you do happen to part ways --at a latter date....would you want to live there?

As you can not have it in your name you should look for some protection, maybe consider a 30 lease with subletting clause. 
Also both make Wills... If anything should happen to the lady-then Thai laws deem that the property be divided amongst her family.
Don't do it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The golden rule re property in Thailand is that the Falang asks advice from all his friends, acquaintances and maybe here on TV, listens carefully to all the advice given, thinks about it, and then does exactly what he planned to do in the first place.

Edited by SheungWan

17 hours ago, aircooledflat4 said:

Don’t do it. Don’t do it. Don’t do it. Don’t do itDon’t do it. Don’t do it.

That’s my advice every time.

16 hours ago, amvet said:

Let me guess.  You met her last month on the INTERNET.

God you lot are so boring - I'm assuming he was after constructive advice not the usual banal sleep inducing racist claptrap from washed up bar flys !!

21 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

The golden rule re property in Thailand is that the Falang asks advice from all his friends, acquaintances and maybe here on TV, listens carefully to all the advice given, thinks about it, and then does exactly what he planned to do in the first place.

There are surely exceptions to your "golden rule" or do you generalize that every farang in Thailand never acts with due diligence regarding property purchase ?

Edited by observer90210

And rightly so because some of the advice is down to someone who knows someone who has heard from someone who is sitting in front of a PC wishing he could afford the ticket to get here.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, transam said:

Many tits up stories....Life is a gamble at times, you either have to have the balls to go for it or not..

I can tell you that I lost everything l worked for in the UK via illness and my ex wife..Didn't stop me having a go in LOS for something different...Sure it could go pear shaped but l personally don't give a shit, l will deal with the next chapter if l have too...:stoner:

So the implication there is that if he decides not to do it that he doesn't "have the balls to go for it." Sometimes people need "balls" to walk away from a bad deal.

1 minute ago, Goldbear said:

So the implication there is that if he decides not to do it that he doesn't "have the balls to go for it." Sometimes people need "balls" to walk away from a bad deal.

Yes, it just has to do with ones adventure thoughts......:stoner:

Buying a house "with" your GF! Very good. Now how much is she putting down? None? Okay, then time "NOT"

to buy a home with GF! Go rent a house and enjoy life to it's fullest. The one Golden Rule in Thailand is walk away if you can't afford to "lose it"! Normally I would charge 10,000 THB for my advice, but I'm giving it to you for "FREE" Handsome Man!

3 minutes ago, Sir Swagman said:

Some ill considered advice offered here. After giving it much thought and weighing all the pros and cons there are two options as I see it. 

1) Don't do it, or

2) Are you mad? Don't do it.

Where are you based...?

2 hours ago, transam said:

Not anymore......:stoner:

Must be the farang effect on your villages. 3 bed thai style on two rai of land, well insitue along with out buildings.  Two bathrooms admittedly out side with electric showers ect 1.6 mil. Ready to move into

Just now, jeab1980 said:

Must be the farang effect on your villages. 3 bed thai style on two rai of land, well insitue along with out buildings.  Two bathrooms admittedly out side with electric showers ect 1.6 mil. Ready to move into

I don't live in a village....But I do know about the complexes being built all over Ubon and prices...:stoner:

My chum is a farang estate agent too...

31 minutes ago, John Richards said:

God you lot are so boring - I'm assuming he was after constructive advice not the usual banal sleep inducing racist claptrap from washed up bar flys !!

Wait a  minute.

Speaking of boring, would you rather he listens to advice like back home where everybody is fake happy for him because he found a girl love him true instead of hearing the cold hard truth?

I wish I had you guys as my friends when I was growing up.

We can still be friends, but I think some of you would punch me if I speak.

2 hours ago, SGD said:

If it is somewhere that another person will buy it, such as Bangkok, then buy in your own name or better, buy a condo in your name.

If up country then no-one else will want it and a Thai won't give you much for it so treat it as a walk away purchase and so forth. Best advice is for her to buy on mortgage that you help to pay and if it all goes south then you just walk away.

As another noted, it might not be her who goes bad but rather one of her family. A woman who lies to cover the theft of a relative is just as guilty and needs to be thrown off a bridge herself.

You might find a few who have serious faults only in a few areas but finding one who will back you against one of their family when the family is out to rob you will shorten that list to near zero. When push comes to shove, most will screw you over for a tin of beans, even though they know it will ruin and probably end the lifelong gravy train you provide. They are that stupid, trust me.

40,000,000 Thai woman out there and you know them ALL !! Proper racist genius !

1 hour ago, aussieinphuket said:

Don't be a fool  xxxx its that simple.... 

Buy in your name or don't do it...

They will eventually work out a scam to get rid of your and you won't have anything left.

Its plain and simple i have seen and heard of so many western guys getting scammed doing this ....

As in every country - I'm surprised you're brave enough to even step out the front door every day ! 

Advice,? Don't

If you want to purchase instead of renting find a Condo. Registered in your name alone.

Live there happily with who you choose, a girlfriend, wife,  Drinking buddy, relative, whoever.

Then for whatever reason it doesn't work out for the person who lives in the Condominium you purchased the person(s) can collect their meager possessions and find another place to live and YOU keep your Condominium.

Some people make this so difficult and insist on the well worn Expat path of failure and financial loss.

2 minutes ago, Dipterocarp said:

Advice,? Don't

If you want to purchase instead of renting find a Condo. Registered in your name alone.

Live there happily with who you choose, a girlfriend, wife,  Drinking buddy, relative, whoever.

Then for whatever reason it doesn't work out for the person who lives in the Condominium you purchased the person(s) can collect their meager possessions and find another place to live and YOU keep your Condominium.

Some people make this so difficult and insist on the well worn Expat path of failure and financial loss.

Some of us do not like living in an apartment and listening to  neighbours stuff, being ripped off for electric etc..

29 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't live in a village....But I do know about the complexes being built all over Ubon and prices...:stoner:

My chum is a farang estate agent too...

I see so its more complexes and moo banns than actual villages. Puts a new light on it.