90 day report

I am due to depart Thailand next March 31, 2108 and will be having a 90 day report due at immigrations in chiang mai 1-2 days before my departure. If I don't report to immigrations for my 90 day report what will be the repercussions when I arrive back in Thailand around the 1st week in July?

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

That calculator doesn't work for Thailand because they count the day you enter as day one. Leaving on the last date given by that calculator would be a one day overstay.

Do it in Excell.......easy, or count on your fingers, or look at a calendar. 90 minus 1 for first day and one for the day you leave  = 88.

9 hours ago, elviajero said:

There are no repercussions. The 90 day count resets to day 1 on the day you re-enter.

Certainly no repercussions when he arrives back in Thailand. But there may be repercussions when he submits his first 90-day report thereafter and Immigration spot that he had failed to submit the report which was due on 29/30 March 2018 and slap him with a 2,000 THB fine as a result.

I am still confused. I have a 90 day report on Dec 30, 2017 and using the calculator says I am good til March 30, 2018. My question is since I am not due to depart Thailand until March 31, 2018, will there be any repercussions when I arrive back in Thailand around the first week in July 2018 ? Yes I realize you can report up to 15 days before and up to 7 days after for your 90 day report but am still wondering if I DON'T do my 90 day report and miss the deadline by 1 day, what if any repercussions might there be upon my return in July?

6 minutes ago, watgate said:

I am still confused. I have a 90 day report on Dec 30, 2017 and using the calculator says I am good til March 30, 2018. My question is since I am not due to depart Thailand until March 31, 2018, will there be any repercussions when I arrive back in Thailand around the first week in July 2018 ? Yes I realize you can report up to 15 days before and up to 7 days after for your 90 day report but am still wondering if I DON'T do my 90 day report and miss the deadline by 1 day, what if any repercussions might there be upon my return in July?

To repeat what has already been said on this thread in summary form, definitely no repercussions in July 2018, but possible repercussions in October 2018. You disregard the latter at your peril!

Edited by OJAS

14 minutes ago, watgate said:

My calculator says your report will be due on March 29, 2018.

No problem with entering the country for not doing the report.

You have 7 days after the report is due to do the report. Leaving the country is not doing a report. If immigration were to notice you did not do do the report on or before the report date they could fine you 2000 baht for not doing it when you the report 90 days after you enter the country/.

54 minutes ago, OJAS said:

To repeat what has already been said on this thread in summary form, definitely no repercussions in July 2018, but possible repercussions in October 2018. You disregard the latter at your peril!

Actually, upon further reflection, I do wonder whether there might be repercussions for the OP rather sooner than the due date for his first 90-day report upon his return to Thailand, bearing in mind Chiang Mai's over-zealous enforcement of the TM30 requirement as well documented on here? In this connection I gather that, although a fresh TM30 won't, in practice, be necessary in his case, he will still need to notify Immigration within 24 hours of his return to his Chiang Mai address so as to avoid being hit with a 1,600 THB fine for non-compliance with that particular requirement. So it could well be at that stage that the missing March 2018 90-day report was spotted by Immigration.

7 hours ago, OJAS said:

But there may be repercussions when he submits his first 90-day report thereafter and Immigration spot that he had failed to submit the report which was due on 29/30 March 2018 and slap him with a 2,000 THB fine as a result.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If immigration were to notice you did not do do the report on or before the report date they could fine you 2000 baht for not doing it when you the report 90 days after you enter the country/.

There is no law, rule or regulation that allows immigration to fine or penalise someone that reports on day 92 or that only stays in the country for 92 days. 

7 hours ago, watgate said:

There are absolutely no repercussions as long as you leave within the 7 day window. It happens all the time and no one gets penalised on exit, re-entry or at any future reports. If immigration were bothered about it they would check and fine people on the way out of the country.

9 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Do it in Excell.......easy, or count on your fingers, or look at a calendar. 90 minus 1 for first day and one for the day you leave  = 88.

For those that have Windows 10, the built in calculator can be very easily used to calculate dates, Drop down to Date Calculation -> Add or Subtract Days, then for a 90 day report for example, enter the last report date or last date of entry, plus 89 days and it will give you the new report date.

The usual mistake for most is not realising that the report or entry date is counted as day one, as it would not necessarily be in most of the countries we derive from.