Police Investigate Agency Offering Cheaper Prices For Chinese Tourists

snoop1130

Police Investigate Agency Offering Cheaper Prices For Chinese Tourists

by CityNews

ลุยค้น-2.jpg

CityNews – Chiang Mai Tourist Police along with 30 other relevant officers to investigate claims that a Chinese agency was offering low-budget packages to Chinese tourists, under cutting the Thai prices.

Protests began emerging after Thai tour operators discovered that the agency were offering cheaper prices for Chinese tourists than the Thai prices.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/police-investigate-agency-offering-cheaper-prices-chinese-tourists/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2017-10-11

1 hour ago, chingmai331 said:

'free market' rule supreme here?

:clap2::clap2::clap2:  anything that disadvantages Thai's in any way is illegal - why do you think they are busting all these Chinese and Korean Call Centers, they are not run by Thais..........

And no doubt only harrassment as there is nothing illegal in not making as much profit on a ticket,simply selling more of them. Supermarkets etc have been doing it for years,what next, raids on Makro for selling in bulk to Chinese buyers!

Bulk buying does create a buyers market for tickets. Nothing to stop the Thai's doing it, they probably do,they simply don't want to give the discount and are only complaining about the competition.

45 minutes ago, eliotness said:

I would reckon the Chinese operators are much more efficient and work harder than their Thai rivals.  So the free market is against the law in LOS.  Oh dear !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whilst this is all true, the Thai tour operators openly operate a cartel which fixes prices to ensure a generous profit. This is the chief reason that anybody, Chinese, Thai, Norwegian or otherwise, could undercut their prices. The cartel then use state power to bring into line or eliminate any non-cartel competition.

Why are the Tourist Police (organized under the Tourist Authority of Thailand) and "other relevant officers" even involved in Thai tour operators issue with a Chinese agency? At best this is a civil matter (vs criminal matter handled by the Royal Thai Police) and at worst a Foreign Ministry matter.

If Thai business losses due to fair competition is considered a potential criminal issue in Thailand, the Thai government should begin investigating all ASEAN-based competition that could result in potential loss of domestic Thai business revenues. What's next - a new law that will define how much revenues a foreign business can earn in Thailand?

30 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Why are the Tourist Police (organized under the Tourist Authority of Thailand) and "other relevant officers" even involved in Thai tour operators issue with a Chinese agency? At best this is a civil matter (vs criminal matter handled by the Royal Thai Police) and at worst a Foreign Ministry matter.

If Thai business losses due to fair competition is considered a potential criminal issue in Thailand, the Thai government should begin investigating all ASEAN-based competition that could result in potential loss of domestic Thai business revenues. What's next - a new law that will define how much revenues a foreign business can earn in Thailand?

Quite right.

The answer to your rhetorical question can be found in my post (#11) in conjunction with the fact that the financial interests of the tour group cartel, the financial interests of the police and the financial interests of organised crime are all intermingled in a morass of opacity, corruption, proxy ownership and backroom deals to the detriment of both the rule of law and a business environment of free and fair competition.

The loser is, of course, the consumer.

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

My company knows all about it. In August some Thai motherf##ker was claiming that our website PAIBKK.com was selling his illegal copied software, while we only sell our own developed software and services. He filed an official complaint. Result was getting arrested, going to court and had the website banned for over a month in Thailand. Luckely 99% from our customers come from oversea.

In court we showed the judge all the hidden mistakes we make on purpose for this kind of scams and as proof that it is our software... He believed us...

Then getting the website unbanned, that's another story where I can write a complete book about. Because if there is one official saying that the website has illegal content, then a court order to have it unbanned doesn't make any difference...... But we succeeded.

In September we found over 750 Thai websites offering our software for about 20-25% of the original price. All illegal copies. Whenever I walk through Panthip, MBK or Fortune Town, I see so many shops that are selling illegal copies of our software that I can't write all the names of the shops down on one A4 paper, using both sides... Overthere they're 40-50% of the original price.

change.jpg

change1.jpg

Edited by PAIBKK

18 hours ago, PAIBKK said:

My company knows all about it. In August some Thai motherf##ker was claiming that our website PAIBKK.com was selling his illegal copied software, while we only sell our own developed software and services. He filed an official complaint. Result was getting arrested, going to court and had the website banned for over a month in Thailand. Luckely 99% from our customers come from oversea.

In court we showed the judge all the hidden mistakes we make on purpose for this kind of scams and as proof that it is our software... He believed us...

Then getting the website unbanned, that's another story where I can write a complete book about. Because if there is one official saying that the website has illegal content, then a court order to have it unbanned doesn't make any difference...... But we succeeded.

In September we found over 750 Thai websites offering our software for about 20-25% of the original price. All illegal copies. Whenever I walk through Panthip, MBK or Fortune Town, I see so many shops that are selling illegal copies of our software that I can't write all the names of the shops down on one A4 paper, using both sides... Overthere they're 40-50% of the original price.

change.jpg

change1.jpg

So why on earth stay there as its the worlds cheap copy center

3 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

So why on earth stay there as its the worlds cheap copy center

We don't walk away from problems, we face them.
Maybe you just walked away from your problems and came to Thailand...

12 hours ago, PAIBKK said:

We don't walk away from problems, we face them.
Maybe you just walked away from your problems and came to Thailand...

Nothing could be further from the truth, but knowing the place as I do and your business which looks very professional, thailand would not be where I would base it, for the very reason you wrote about.

Yes I also own a similar business, located in a much friendlier place

On 10/11/2017 at 8:19 PM, Bob12345 said:

Once the police are done there they can go to a national park as i heard they offer lower prices to Thais than to other customers. Something in the magnitute of Thais getting 90% discount.

as a result. no expats go there nor do most of them even suggest their guests go there