Movie set in Pattaya.

thaibeachlovers

Paradox is a Chinese movie set in Pattaya. Loads of great martial arts and quite exciting for most of it.

Tony Jaa appears for a while.

Up in Chiang Mai only in Thai and no subtitles, but it's an action film and most of it doesn't require understanding the dialogue.

I recognised a lot, but not all of the scenes. My favourite bar on W S featured briefly. I think a lot was filmed on Jomptien beach. The final beach shot was definitely not Pattaya Bay.

Worth seeing if only for the fight scenes.

Must be a low budget movie. Pattaya is crime laden, brothels, bars, thieves den, drug haven, Mafia town, a filthy beach

Town needs fire, and a new beginning. A town conceived for the US soldiers from U-Tapao, and Sattahip. I feel the same about Phuket also.

32 minutes ago, themerg said:

Must be a low budget movie. Pattaya is crime laden, brothels, bars, thieves den, drug haven, Mafia town, a filthy beach, and a cesspool.

Town needs fire, and a new beginning. A town conceived for the US soldiers from U-Tapao, and Sattahip. I feel the same about Phuket also.

Well , came on a day trip once did you? ,or read about Pattaya in the papers stay up in Chiang Mai ,we dont need your sort here . 

3 hours ago, themerg said:

Must be a low budget movie. Pattaya is crime laden, brothels, bars, thieves den, drug haven, Mafia town, a filthy beach, and a cesspool.

There’s always one- a pleasant informative post- then the usual Pattaya bashing from a keyboard warrior sitting in a bed sit in some dreadful town or looking out of the window and saying to his newly bought wife- darling the rice has grown one centimetre today. 

It’s just not very amusing, boring - just tedious. 

3 hours ago, themerg said:

Nothing low budget about it. That's like saying Blackhawk Down was low budget because it was made outside America.

A town conceived for the US soldiers from U-Tapao, and Sattahip

You obviously know nothing about it.

4 hours ago, themerg said:

Pattaya is crime laden, brothels, bars, thieves den, drug haven, Mafia town, a filthy beach, and a cesspool.

So you read what the film is all about. :coffee1:

MV5BMjQ4NDM4YTktM2E3NC00NzdmLWJiMmMtZmYy

image.png.1b8527b9cfdaebc7b2e1f040cb3a8057.png

image.png.96fcfeeabbcb74aa67b6e99643946afd.png

Edited by Morakot

The Jomtien located movie I would like to see- is Insee Thong. (golden Eagle)

Filmed on Dongtan Beach in 1970.

Mega Thai Movie star- Mtr Chaibancha  was tragically killed on the last day of shooting, when he fell from a helicopter.

There is a memorial to him, opposite the  Amphoe Bang Lamung Government offices, at the north end of the inner road Jomtien.

I would quite  like to see the how Jomtien has changed over  the last 47 years.

On 10/12/2017 at 9:46 AM, themerg said:

Must be a low budget movie. Pattaya is crime laden, brothels, bars, thieves den, drug haven, Mafia town, a filthy beach

So I guess you won't be visiting again?

On 10/12/2017 at 9:53 PM, maimeephom said:

The Jomtien located movie I would like to see- is Insee Thong. (golden Eagle)

Filmed on Dongtan Beach in 1970.

Mega Thai Movie star- Mtr Chaibancha  was tragically killed on the last day of shooting, when he fell from a helicopter.

There is a memorial to him, opposite the  Amphoe Bang Lamung Government offices, at the north end of the inner road Jomtien.

I would quite  like to see the how Jomtien has changed over  the last 47 years.

Come and visit, not that expensive...but you may have to pay your own way this time

I went to see the movie here in Taiwan for the single reason that it was shot in Pattaya.

It mostly shows the alleys and a bit of beach. I wondered whether the place where they found a body was somewhere close to the northern end of Pattaya Beach Road.

Anyway, on the whole it's like a Hong Kong version of Taken, but more violent and much darker. A low-budget production it's not, since the actor Louis Koo (the father looking for his daughter) is huge in Hong Kong and the Chinese-language movie world.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 3:17 PM, inf said:

I went to see the movie here in Taiwan for the single reason that it was shot in Pattaya.

It mostly shows the alleys and a bit of beach. I wondered whether the place where they found a body was somewhere close to the northern end of Pattaya Beach Road.

Anyway, on the whole it's like a Hong Kong version of Taken, but more violent and much darker. A low-budget production it's not, since the actor Louis Koo (the father looking for his daughter) is huge in Hong Kong and the Chinese-language movie world.

Apart from some scenes shot in Pattaya, I think most of it was shot on Jomptien beach and further east. Too many people in Pattaya to make filming easy.

The beach scenes where the girl was kidnapped and looking out to sea was not Pattaya bay as no boats moored.