Mourning period and store / bar / restaurant closures

Senechal

I just read this:

Thailand has extended the mourning period for the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej for two more days, until Oct. 29, according to an announcement from the prime minister’s office yesterday.

The royal funeral is scheduled for Oct. 25-29, so the cabinet has decided to extend the mourning period. The official mourning dates have been changed from Oct. 13-27 to Oct. 13-29, a total of 17 days.

The Thai flag will be flown at half-mast, and government workers will wear black through the end of the period. All mourning signs and banners will be removed on the night of Oct. 29.

Although not mandatory, locals have been wearing black out of the respect for the late king since the beginning of October. The public may respectfully resume wearing colors on Oct. 30.

Does anyone know what that means in terms of store / bar / restaurant closures?

Is there any official ruling on that?

Thanks

S

2 hours ago, SooKee said:

FWIW, management of Oskar in Soi 11 just messaged me, said that they have just been informed by the police - no alcohol sales tonight (Fri 13th).

So the bars & clubs are still open tonight but no alcohol?

Some are, some aren't. Reports from Pattaya say bars on the Darkside have been told to close, while those in central Pattaya, so far, are operating normally, apart from having subdued lighting and music.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I know of a few here in BKK that are opening but not selling alcohol until 12.  I tend to just avoid the closure days altogether, especially in these circumstances.  

Just now, SooKee said:

I know of a few here in BKK that are opening but not selling alcohol until 12.  I tend to just avoid the closure days altogether, especially in these circumstances.  

So RCA will start pumping after midnight? :partytime2:

Some are, some aren't. Reports from Pattaya say bars on the Darkside have been told to close, while those in central Pattaya, so far, are operating normally, apart from having subdued lighting and music.

Update: reports that bars/gogos on Walking Street are now closing...[emoji17]

Archived