Chinese tour groups

NanLaew

I have some work in Laem Chabang coming up early next week and will be stopping in Pattaya for a few nights. I stayed at a fairly nice but cheap hotel off Third a few months ago and the only thing that spoiled the stay was the noisy Chinese. What's the current scene like regarding bus loads of Chinese in town? Is it getting quieter this month?

FWIW, plenty cheap rooms available on the usual hotel aggregator websites so hopefully that means less noise too.

Thanks!

NL

Golden Week for China was last week, so there should be less around now. I recommend Sunshine Garden Resort on Dolphin Roundabout. Any Chinese will be independant travellers. About 1000 Baht per night.

You can head up Naklua Rd, turn right at traffic lights onto Soi Potisan, then left onto Sukhumvit for Laem Chabang.

I was on Beach Road in Pattaya at about 7:30 am or shortly before 8 am yesterday (Thursday).  There were throngs of Chinese tourists, probably several hundred if not a thousand or so there disembarking from their tourist busses along most of Beach Road and were apparently headed for Koh Larn.  I have no idea how many more were there during the morning as I left shorly after getting some breakfast.  

The only issue I had was trying to walk down a sidewalk which was blocked by unaware or uncaring people from a bus load of Chinese tourists.  Luckily a Thai street hawker stepped in and asked them to move in Chinese (I assume it was Chinese as it wan't the Thai language).

24 minutes ago, Roger Lee said:

I was on Beach Road in Pattaya at about 7:30 am or shortly before 8 am yesterday (Thursday).  There were throngs of Chinese tourists, probably several hundred if not a thousand or so there disembarking from their tourist busses along most of Beach Road and were apparently headed for Koh Larn.  I have no idea how many more were there during the morning as I left shorly after getting some breakfast.  

The only issue I had was trying to walk down a sidewalk which was blocked by unaware or uncaring people from a bus load of Chinese tourists.  Luckily a Thai street hawker stepped in and asked them to move in Chinese (I assume it was Chinese as it wan't the Thai language).

The thing about the Chinese at the hotel I mentioned earlier is that they funked up the dining hall, poolside and lobby with their stinky Chinese cigarettes early in the morning before buggering off on the buses and then did the same in the evening when they came back. They also like to shout at +108 dB through clenched teeth to each other and explosively evacuate their nasal cavities and expectorate loudly and frequently... the driveway would look like it had been visited by a flock of seagulls after breakfast and dinner. The cigarette smell was all through the halls and corridors as well. I worked for 8 years in mainland China and their tobacco is foul. The buses themselves were an irritation since they (about a dozen of them) totally filled the parking lot and would start their engines early to get the air-conditioning cool while their passengers nosebagged so the early additional 'Chinese support' noise was considerable, even up on the 5th floor. During the day, the place was a haven of silent bliss.

Anyway, I've picked a place over in Naklua for a change, asked for a high floor and hope it is quiet(er).

Edited by NanLaew

9 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The thing about the Chinese at the hotel I mentioned earlier is that they funked up the dining hall, poolside and lobby with their stinky Chinese cigarettes early in the morning before buggering off on the buses and then did the same in the evening when they came back. They also like to shout at +108 dB through clenched teeth to each other and explosively evacuate their nasal cavities and expectorate loudly and frequently... the driveway would look like it had been visited by a flock of seagulls after breakfast and dinner. The cigarette smell was all through the halls and corridors as well. I worked for 8 years in mainland China and their tobacco is foul. The buses themselves were an irritation since they (about a dozen of them) totally filled the parking lot and would start their engines early to get the air-conditioning cool while their passengers nosebagged so the early additional 'Chinese support' noise was considerable, even up on the 5th floor. During the day, the place was a haven of silent bliss.

Anyway, I've picked a place over in Naklua for a change, asked for a high floor and hope it is quiet(er).

I agree with you .I wish you luck in Naklua but that location is not immune from the Chinese and the tour bus problems 

36 minutes ago, Johnnyngai said:

One way to avoid nasty Chinese tour groups is to stay away from areas where tour bus parking is easy. 

I would add that anywhere with high floors is likely big enough to take coachloads of tour groups.

1 hour ago, portroyal said:

If you are allowed to visit Pattaya, chinese are allowed too !!!

Who do you think you are ? A super-white hero ?

Yes, love it. First it was the Arabs, then it was the Ruskies, now it's the Chinese in their myriad, locust-like millions. All with their disgusting habits. How dare these hordes invade my favourite seaside resort?

2 hours ago, portroyal said:

Yeah, I hear ya!

But where I come from, and from where I've been, closing the sh!thouse door and wiping your own ass isn't optional either.

No, go back to posting Tripadvisor reports...

Edited by NanLaew

I worked out why the Chinese are so loud. They have a different way to communicate than us. You will notice that during a conversation you speak then the other person speaks and you listen. You watch the Chinese, when they converse they both speak at the same time and when a group of them are together they are all speaking at the same time and I guess the loudest one gets the most attention. Hence the increased in Db.

Den 

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 12:01 AM, portroyal said:

It is not the color of one's skin, it is the way that person behaves.   Japanese are yellow, but they don't pick their noses while crossing the street.  Is it so difficult to pick one's nose in the restroom.   

1 hour ago, Johnnyngai said:

It is not the color of one's skin, it is the way that person behaves.   Japanese are yellow, but they don't pick their noses while crossing the street.  Is it so difficult to pick one's nose in the restroom.   

As granny famously advised, "Son, you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But ye cannae pick yer friends nose."

On October 13, 2560 BE at 11:01 AM, portroyal said:

Their manners (or lack of them) are disgusting...... An entirely different breed of people...they're not oblivious to other people....they just don't give a toss