anemia: high dose of liquid iron in bkk

hellohello

26 minutes ago, hellohello said:

Thank you, yes unfortunately my level is barley a 10, my oncologist confirms this.   Looking for liquid forms in Thailand. 

I think you are maybe the only one I follow on TV

Maybe when you return bring a big supply with you

I will help you find it later

stay strong 

just got back from hospitals in BKK my surgery brought forward, all a bit scary

Stay lucky and think about your beautiful boat

Al

Your hospital should proscribe your iron supplements and the correct dosage if you are suffering from anemia for a medical reason.....overdose is toxic to you body and will cause serious health problems.

If you are anemic and have not seen a doctor you need to go to hospital to get checked out and discover the cause of it.

Good luck. 

She has indicated she is already under a doctor's care.

This is not commonly stocked here and what there is, is not high dose e.g.

Eurofer Syrup - 100 ml contains 1 g elemental iron, comes in bottles of 60 or 120 ml

and a couple of pediatric preparations

I am curious as to why liquid? Since there are no high-dose liquid iron preparations here it would be easier to get a high dose via tablets

Absorption issues, due to a temporary ileostomy.  I take 324 mg  3 x a day and not much luck.  I recently found liquid , and boosted my Vit C and am feeling better. Blood test will confirm in a week.

If all I can find is tabs in BKK, Then I'll have to use tabs.  

Lumbini, how are the shipping rates with Iherb to Thailand?  I am  flying in from Cali, so perhaps I should buy here. 

I wonder hellohello, can you get this in an injectable or patch form, might overcome the ileostomy problems, by going direct into the blood stream, and also mean you might be on lower doses, at the moment a lot of what you are taking may be sent outside your body before you have time to absorb it

Just a thought

Just googled this https://www.medicinenet.com/iron_dextran-injection/article.htm

Edited by al007
add link

There is no patch form.

Injectable an option - has some risks but as she has already had some infusions without incidence, may be OK. Though I should warn that anaphylactic reactions can occur even in people who previously received it with no problem.  I directly witnessed this when working in an oncology clinic some 25 years ago - the patient had an immediate cardiac arrest right in front of me (fortunately - had he been unattended at that moment would have died).  He survived but it was harrowing and I have never forgotten it.

Dafest option would be to get an infusion in US just before coming to Thailand then go on tablets.

The Vit C, which is necessary for iron absorption, may be playing more of a role in your better response than the liquid aspect.