Video: Hairdressing drama creates international incident - but ends well!

webfact

Video: Hairdressing drama creates international incident - but ends well!

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A drama at a famous Siam Square hairdresser's was all the rage on Thai social media at the weekend.

At the center of the drama was a person called "Jack" who is the owner of Phoenix at One.

The owner was mad that two Taiwanese ladies would not pay her staff for services received.

But one of the Taiwanese turned out to be a famous news anchor in her home country.

When Jack swiped out at her phone as she started filming during the altercation, the footage ended up all over Taiwan social media.

The Thais were then in the hot seat when they felt aggrieved themselves.

The story reached the national news and even the the Taiwanese embassy got involved.

Jack - real name Yanamornwat Jatkhong - was filmed talking in Thai and English. In English she mostly was referring to the two Taiwanese as having not paid.

But in Thai she called them prostitutes using the Thai word "e-dork" on several occasions.

Finally she made to imprison the two Taiwanese girls in her shop as it was time to close up for the night.

The two customers did little to fight back spending most of their time texting.

This never happened as the new anchor - named later as Bee-Bee - paid up the 250 baht.

The argument was over a staff member using cool water on the customer's hair and the price they had to pay.

The drama ended when the two customers went to the shop later to present a stuffed toy and say sorry.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-16

28 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

storm in a tea cup,and cold water is always used when washing hair in LOS

Really.. when i go to the more upscale hairdressers (think 500+ bt for a guy) more often then not warm water is used. This is in BKK. 

41 minutes ago, robblok said:

Really.. when i go to the more upscale hairdressers (think 500+ bt for a guy) more often then not warm water is used. This is in BKK. 

K'innell Rob, 500 plus thb for a hair cut!

I can get a hair cut, good shave and include a decent tip for less than 200!

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

I can get it cheaper too at 200 to 250 but sometimes I go to the expensive ones once in a while. 

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

My hairdresser sleeps next to me every night. Free haircut and trim the vegetation.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

70 baht for haircut & shave here in Chonburi... 85 baht for same in Soi off Ratchadapisek, Bangkok. For 500 baht I would expect extras including a wax and hand job!!

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I can get it cheaper too at 200 to 250 but sometimes I go to the expensive ones once in a while. 

One shop near me in Chiang Mai was trying to charge minimum charge of 800Baht for both men and women, they were bankrupt within about 60 days.

Added to their high prices their comments like 'farang keenow' didn't help their revenues.

9 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

storm in a tea cup,and cold water is always used when washing hair in LOS

9 hours ago, robblok said:

7 hours ago, ujayujay said:

No, serious Hairsalons, even in LOS,  use warm Water if required.

"While warm water opens a hair's cuticle to allow shampoo and conditioner to do their job, cold water helps to close the cuticle and seal in moisture from the conditioner — which helps your hair look shiny and healthy. So, by all means, take a warm shower, but at the end, rinse with cold water."

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/hair/tips/a19894/mistakes-washing-your-hair/