Have you seen these Russians? Phangan police and hotels want a word

Jonathan Fairfield

Have you seen these Russians? Phangan police and hotels want a word

A Thai woman went on Facebook to appeal for information in connection with two Russian men she said are conning their way around Thailand.

The men - one of whom appears at be aged 24 - had left a Samui hotel without paying prompting the owner or their representative to follow them to Koh Phangan.

Here they had also left the Great Bay Resort without paying for the room and food. CCTV showed them leaving the resort on October 13th at 5.30 am in the morning.

They left on two motorcycles that had not been returned to a rental shop near the port and were due back on 9th October. Police had been informed about that.

In addition another motorcycle the men had rented was in the resort parking lot.

It is also believed the men are on overstay their visas having run out on the 12th.

Some Russian ID had been given to one of the bike rental shops as surety, said Chayanuch Tuaycharoen on Facebook as she appealed to the online community to track them down.

If they are found the tourist police on Koh Phangan should be informed.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-16

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I did many stupid things at that age, I am quite tolerant of the younger folk.

However, if you are repeatedly skipping out on hotel bills and payment for meals in a foreign country, that is a different story.

These guys are sooooo stupid that they should be forced to wear a helmet 24/7 for self-protection.

Catch 'em, fine 'em, deport 'em.

Good riddance

Edited by Samui Bodoh

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

Every hotel I have stayed at has made me pay up front, is there special treatment for Russians.

Yes, I wondered about that too, or at least a credit card required.

Should be straight forward catching them on islands, particularly if they are using their passports when checking in.

2 minutes ago, Queenslander said:

They even kept my TM6  'Departure' part…isn't that causing headaches…!

That sure can be a pain, but had a friend of mine a few years ago lost his departure card. He went to Immigration with his passport and arrival date / flight number. They issued a replacement no ploblem..:smile:

1 hour ago, hgma said:

how stupid can one gets

As these 2 guys

16 minutes ago, Queenslander said:

They even kept my TM6  'Departure' part…isn't that causing headaches…!

No, not really. If you ain´t got something to hide.

Seems like they are having a great time with loads of fun, and with free motor bike rentals, free booze, food, and hotels, who can blame them for that. So much fun they even overstayed there visas.  But sadly nothing is free in this life.

If they think for a moment that they are just going to walk past Immigration without any problems and get on that airplane to take them back home, they are in for a big surprise. To then discover that they are not going anywhere and that it is time to pay the Piper, so to speak.

Not paying your Check Bin in Thailand is a very dangerous game to play here and more so than any other place I have been. They will lock you up here, or beat you up here, depending on who shows up first.

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

Every hotel I stay at makes a copy of my TM7 ( Arrival Card ), so the authorities must now know their identities. Just a matter of time.........

Well, they seem to know their identities already since there's a shot of a passport accompanying the story and the authorities know they have overstayed...  

Nothing will happen to these guys and they know it. Law enforcement in Thailand in uncoordinated and unless their crimes and details are placed on a wanted list by all police departments and immigration, that won`t be, in-fact I doubt the police will even be interested, then all they`ll do is once at an airport ready to leave the country, they will simply pay the overstay fine, which at max is 20000 baht, still a cheap holiday if not paying for hotels and their food and then merrily fly off. The same applies if crossing a border, pay a fine and goodbye sweetheart.