Have you seen these Russians? Phangan police and hotels want a word

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Thechook said:

Every hotel I have stayed at has made me pay up front, is there special treatment for Russians.

Some don't the last time we stayed at one of those little beach hotels in Rayong I didn't have to pay till we checked out.  The more expensive hotels will make you pay up front or leave a deposit.  

7 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

As I did many stupid things at that age, I am quite tolerant of the younger folk.

However, if you are repeatedly skipping out on hotel bills and payment for meals in a foreign country, that is a different story.

These guys are sooooo stupid that they should be forced to wear a helmet 24/7 for self-protection.

Catch 'em, fine 'em, deport 'em.

Good riddance

Jail them if they haven't got the money to pay for fleecing the people who work for a living and run businesses, add then blacklist them from ever returning again after they have paid, sum !!!

1 hour ago, Minnehaha said:

the resort in koh pangan gets a ridiculous 71 terrible ratings while about 70 others are spread among bad to okay to good. The comments are priceless. "a little piece of me died at this place" was one! hahahaha

What is the resort name ?

14 hours ago, Thechook said:

Every hotel I have stayed at has made me pay up front, is there special treatment for Russians.

I've been here over 15 years and was coming annually before that and I've never paid a hotel bill up front.  I use my Thai licence as ID and never had a problem.  I must have an honest face!!

15 hours ago, Thechook said:

They are handsome(look at photos) and they know how to talk the birds to come down from the tree. No doubt these are quality tourists, after all what is one night free room for them, the hotels are making millions every year. And the meals, are they good I wonder, too hot and spicy for Russians they may not enjoy it but they are nice they didn't complain.

This is Karma for the Thais who are always scamming the farangs, so this is pay back time.

If I see them I will say, "You clever boys"

Edited by madusa
add words

15 hours ago, Thechook said:

I would have said that too..  I have stayed at the Malaysia in B'kok several times and I feel pretty sure that I paid on leaving.  I'm getting a bit old on it, so maybe I'm wrong.  I have also stayed in little beach hotels near Rayong and paid either in dribs and drabs or at the end.  On the other hand my GH in CM wants the money and the deposit straight up and I have been staying there for over 12 years.

Edited by Gillyflower

11 minutes ago, Gillyflower said:

I would have said that too..  I have stayed at the Malaysia in B'kok several times and I feel pretty sure that I paid on leaving.  I'm getting a bit old on it, so maybe I'm wrong.  I have also stayed in little beach hotels near Rayong and paid either in dribs and drabs or at the end.  On the other hand my GH in CM wants the money and the deposit straight up and I have been staying there for over 12 years.

I have stayed in many hotels in Thailand and some want the money upfront, and others are happy just with a copy of your passport. In 5 Star Hotels they all tend to want you Visa Card, so you can charge everything to your room. In others they don't care.

I prefer to pay up front, but I don't recall being forced to many times I have stayed. Especially in places that have a past record of me staying there before. I think if you have a good excuse, like you need to go to the bank tomorrow, they would probably let you in with no money down and an honest face.

1 hour ago, madusa said:

They are handsome(look at photos) and they know how to talk the birds to come down from the tree. No doubt these are quality tourists, after all what is one night free room for them, the hotels are making millions every year. And the meals, are they good I wonder, too hot and spicy for Russians they may not enjoy it but they are nice they didn't complain.

This is Karma for the Thais who are always scamming the farangs, so this is pay back time.

If I see them I will say, "You clever boys"

When you start to not only condone, but to try and justify people stealing, I think it is time to recalibrate your moral compass …… you will of course need to find it first, good luck with that one 

16 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

When you start to not only condone, but to try and justify people stealing, I think it is time to recalibrate your moral compass …… you will of course need to find it first, good luck with that one 

Does the word "moral" exists in Thai dictionary? You may be surprised that the french don't have a word for cheap, they say "moin chere"(less expensive) or they say bonne marché (good buy). So I wouldn't be surprised if the word Moral doesn't exist in Thai dictionary. You know different culture different ways of looking at things.

In Thailand my moral compass needs total overhaul because I look around something is not quite right here.  The 2 Russkies young men came to Thailand look around they must be kind of confused. They see young men dressed up as ladies to pass themselves off as sexy young ladies . So they look at each other and said, "hey, scam here is a whole new ball game, not like at home, here everything goes".  Well, what can I say. I am tired of moral when everybody is fornicating while I only watch and don't have the guts to do it. If I screw the hotel room cleaning mate or my neighbor's wife surely someone would shoot me with their cheap revolver.

57 minutes ago, madusa said:

Does the word "moral" exists in Thai dictionary? You may be surprised that the french don't have a word for cheap, they say "moin chere"(less expensive) or they say bonne marché (good buy). So I wouldn't be surprised if the word Moral doesn't exist in Thai dictionary. You know different culture different ways of looking at things.

In Thailand my moral compass needs total overhaul because I look around something is not quite right here.  The 2 Russkies young men came to Thailand look around they must be kind of confused. They see young men dressed up as ladies to pass themselves off as sexy young ladies . So they look at each other and said, "hey, scam here is a whole new ball game, not like at home, here everything goes".  Well, what can I say. I am tired of moral when everybody is fornicating while I only watch and don't have the guts to do it. If I screw the hotel room cleaning mate or my neighbor's wife surely someone would shoot me with their cheap revolver.

“You may be surprised that the french don't have a word for cheap, they say "moin chere"(less expensive)”  

…. I would  personally be devastated if someone like you could say anything to surprise me. 

……. Je parle très bien le français, and the term is “moins cher”  not “moin chere” …. so, only two (deux) words in French and you got them both wrong ……. ha ha ha 

I don't know which hotels or restaurants that they left without paying for their accommodation or food, but quite often the staff in such places, that maybe only earn 10,000 Baht per month, become accountable for what is considered negligence in allowing someone to leave without paying, but you wouldn't care about that, would you   

You are free to continue to find stealing acceptable if you wish, but you obviously exist in a separate reality to the one in which I spend my every day life; I hope you are happy and comfortable in your world ….. glad I’m not in the twisted dimension in which you live

P.S. ..... are you Russian ??  

Edited by Eloquent pilgrim
addition

17 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

“You may be surprised that the french don't have a word for cheap, they say "moin chere"(less expensive)”  

…. I would  personally be devastated if someone like you could say anything to surprise me. 

……. Je parle très bien le français, and the term is “moins cher”  not “moin chere” …. so, only two (deux) words in French and you got them both wrong ……. ha ha ha 

I don't know which hotels or restaurants that they left without paying for their accommodation or food, but quite often the staff in such places, that maybe only earn 10,000 Baht per month, become accountable for what is considered negligence in allowing someone to leave without paying, but you wouldn't care about that, would you   

You are free to continue to find stealing acceptable if you wish, but you obviously exist in a separate reality to the one in which I spend my every day life; I hope you are happy and comfortable in your world ….. glad I’m not in the twisted dimension in which you live

P.S. ..... are you Russian ??  

No, I am not Russian but I sympathize with Russian because The Americans had for years giving the Russians a bad name now they try to bully N.Korea a small poor agrarian country. Shame on the Americans. Who says N. Korea can't possess Nuclear weapons?

Dovishdaner(goodbye in russian) or Paka paka (more informal good bye).

Ps: Honesty is for those who could afford it. Paka, Paka.

50 minutes ago, madusa said:

No, I am not Russian but I sympathize with Russian because The Americans had for years giving the Russians a bad name now they try to bully N.Korea a small poor agrarian country. Shame on the Americans. Who says N. Korea can't possess Nuclear weapons?

Ah, so you are Russian, thanks for the confirmation. I knew that you were not French (moin chere) ... ha ha ha 

And what on earth have  North Korea got to do with any of this  ??

These guys have not killed anyone, raped and maimed anyone, scammed anyone for millions of baht, and yet, the TV  90 day reporters living here on the Junta's whim get up on their high horses and "demand to have them jailed and deported". All they have basically done is used bed linen, water and electricity and borowed a couple of motorbikes for a while without paying. Big fricking deal.

If it was a couple of Thai lads doing this, it would never make the news. And, if caught 500 baht fine and a few wai's and all sorted.

Their biggest crime here is that they have scammed the locals, that is not how it is supposed to be, as we all know it has to be the other way round.....surely ?

5 hours ago, EcigAmateur said:

I find hotels that do not charge upfront or daily as stupid as customers who think that it's ok to pay when they leave. Anybody with a brain would pay upfront even if not asked for the peace of mind of the owner as well as customer.

If I may ask, why is one stupid if they pay when they leave?  And if they pay when they leave, they have no brain.  That's clear and sound reasoning. :wai:

3 hours ago, madusa said:

Dasvedanya is a bit nearer to goodbye and one paka is normally enough!

3 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

These guys have not killed anyone, raped and maimed anyone, scammed anyone for millions of baht,

So you think it is okay to break any of the other thousands of laws, so long as you don't break the ones that you deem to be important ....... interesting analysis, but also a formula for a completely lawless society. Extremely progressive thinking on your part ..... doh   

On 17.10.2017 at 3:53 AM, thrilled said:

Believe me immigration,airports customs have their number.They could possibly try to sneak Accross the border.Their not to bright.

They have nothing on them. Those guys (judging from the pic) are using inner passport and to enter\exit foreign country you need to use international passport, as far as I know those 2 are not connected. In theory, they don’t even need to sneak they can parade “through the front door”