This has to be seen to be believed: Wish you were here - you could help us pick up the trash on the beach....

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the beaches in Orange County are open and clean today, except Sunset Beach which exceeds state bacteria levels.

http://ocbeachinfo.com/

How'za 'bout Pattaya?  TODAY?

http://brc.healthebay.org  (If you're interested in the rest of the West Coast.)

Where's the equivalent info on Thai Beaches?  In case someone wanted to know where NOT to spend their holiday time and $$$?

Try Googling Pattaya beach info.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:02 AM, Thechook said:

All good now, cleaned up.  This is part of the TAT campaign being run in Australia today and what tourists can expect when they arrive.

CuKjivQW8ccU05eDWt2LwwfZkZVCQvQU50qdfYkDE1UObUCRccishtppB58RDblRRECYEmNbHv2Er5x3RTbGmTzVoX1Px7ZiEFx3PrVvuziI1Z2K13TAoUopnlEqX8LUMyM-i3G37fPLSQjEgZOIDBvxxr37Yy9LM8Wqgi5pDmN-Omw=w512-h288-nc.jpeg

LOL.

I wouldn't put much stock in TAT publicity campaigns. When I was in London, they were selling a poster of Railay that was back to front! Apparently no one actually knew what Railay looked like.

On 10/27/2017 at 1:32 PM, mogandave said:

The Post and Nation are mainstream Thai news agencies in much the same way that “La Opinion” is is mainstream in SoCal.

Again, I submit that anyone with an interest can find plenty of accurate Pattaya beach condition information.

That you (apparently) disagree is curious.

Personally, I would rather dip Snorky in the seashore than those ladies of the night in the entertainment business in Pattaya...................:passifier:

Dead right. But no it isn't about to happen.
If there was a profit in it maybe it would.
[emoji106]

I'm sure there would be a huge profit to be made. Compare with the profit someone is gonna make with the speed guns.
Just have to find a company that makes Rolls Royce sweepers.
Then just wait till they break down (make sure nobody empties out the trash bin in the machine) and back to square one with a tidy bank account to boot.
Easy peazy.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 21/10/2017 at 9:28 AM, mogandave said:

I see people sweeping the streets and sidewalks here every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 21/10/2017 at 9:28 AM, mogandave said:

I see people sweeping the streets and sidewalks here every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yes but perhaps in a few towns but presumably not in Pattaya or many other parts of Thailand with extreme street refuse problems. I was wandering round a market with the wife a couple of weeks ago and  bought some take away nibbles.  Finished them and had a dirty paper bag in my hand.  I held onto it for several minutes looking for a waste bin and eventually saw a rubbish bin beside a stallholders table.  I smiled at the stall holder and rolled it up small and popped it in his bin.  He gave m a dirty look and started to get up.  Another stall holder on a different stall rushed over and retrieved my rubbish before this guy could get up, gave me an absolutely disgusted look and took it to his own stall,  (not the one I bought it from.)  Wife was outraged at me.  "All the years you visit and live here and do not know how bad manners that is.  You must ask permission before you use someone's personal rubbish bin."  She was mortified with embarrassment at my actions.  I said "I will throw it away next time."  She said "Keep it in your hand till you get back to the car.  Never use anyone's rubbish bin.  It is such bad manners."   Which of course what I would really do but I was really p'eed off.   I often bemoan the lack of public waste-rubbish bins but then, probably only foreigners will use them.  BUT!  You have to start somewhere, don't you.  How to instil civic pride in Thais????  Our land rates here would then go up from about 100 baht a year too a little more  than that and people would complain.  They should see my land rates on the house back home.   I Just got my 2017-2018 land rates assessment today.  They are over 95,000 THB a year. But we do get a rubbish collection there and have a few street bin ins the shopping centres. 

Edited by The Deerhunter

When will the local Govt. officials get it around their heads... purchase a 'beach cleaning machine'!!  Start at daybreak each morning and clean the beach with the machine as they do in many places around the world... STOP TALKING ABOUT IT AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!

Yes but perhaps in a few towns but presumably not in Pattaya or many other parts of Thailand with extreme street refuse problems. I was wandering round a market with the wife a couple of weeks ago and  bought some take away nibbles.  Finished them and had a dirty paper bag in my hand.  I held onto it for several minutes looking for a waste bin and eventually saw a rubbish bin beside a stallholders table.  I smiled at the stall holder and rolled it up small and popped it in his bin.  He gave m a dirty look and started to get up.  Another stall holder on a different stall rushed over and retrieved my rubbish before this guy could get up, gave me an absolutely disgusted look and took it to his own stall,  (not the one I bought it from.)  Wife was outraged at me.  "All the years you visit and live here and do not know how bad manners that is.  You must ask permission before you use someone's personal rubbish bin."  She was mortified with embarrassment at my actions.  I said "I will throw it away next time."  She said "Keep it in your hand till you get back to the car.  Never use anyone's rubbish bin.  It is such bad manners."   Which of course what I would really do but I was really p'eed off.   I often bemoan the lack of public waste-rubbish bins but then, probably only foreigners will use them.  BUT!  You have to start somewhere, don't you.  How to instil civic pride in Thais????  Our land rates here would then go up from about 100 baht a year too a little more  than that and people would complain.  They should see my land rates on the house back home.   I Just got my 2017-2018 land rates assessment today.  They are over 95,000 THB a year. But we do get a rubbish collection there and have a few street bin ins the shopping centres. 

If I have a piece of trash and walk by a stall with a bin I usually hold it as if I am going to drop it into the bin and look at the stall keeper. They will either gesture an okay or take it from my hand and dispose of it themselves, which is a little odd.

Lack of well places public bins is a big issue

Actually it was 23rd floor of the Holiday Inn Pattaya, balcony facing south. Could have bee a post card. It was high-tide, so less trash was visible but even at low tide there wasn’t that much.

Sounds nice. From that distance. I naively ventured into the water at Pattaya some years ago, but as soon as I got a good look at the particulates in the water and the oil on my legs I quickly got out. Haven't been back.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 17/10/2017 at 2:12 AM, colinneil said:

The  litter problem is not only on the beaches, but everywhere.

People here do not care, never clear up just throw things on the ground, not enough litter bins is also a problem, but then people will not throw litter in them, but just dump it on the ground.

A few days ago i went to big C, past a small lake just outside our village.

There was a group of people sat at the side of the lake eating/drinking.

On my way home, they were gone, the mess they left behind was disgusting.

It's the same in Cambodia, one time I asked a guy why they just dropped everything wherever they were, in a restaurant just drop paper napkins on the floor,on the street just drop it,on the beach they just drop it at their feet unbelievable, his answer "My Country" go figure. 

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 6:22 AM, mogandave said:

Actually it was 23rd floor of the Holiday Inn Pattaya, balcony facing south. Could have bee a post card. It was high-tide, so less trash was visible but even at low tide there wasn’t that much.

I've never been on the 23rd floor of the Holiday Inn, but wouldn't the trees obstruct your view of the beach itself?

Perhaps you could post a photo of the view so we can see what you can.

I've never been on the 23rd floor of the Holiday Inn, but wouldn't the trees obstruct your view of the beach itself?
Perhaps you could post a photo of the view so we can see what you can.

I was only there one day for a meeting, and I am generally not in the habit of taking photos, out the window or otherwise. If I did post a photo, you would likely want some kind of proof that I actually took it.

Did you pass geometry? If the trees are what, 5-8m high, and you’re looking out a window 100m high right next to the beach, the trees pretty much just block the sidewalk, yes?

21 hours ago, mogandave said:

I was only there one day for a meeting, and I am generally not in the habit of taking photos, out the window or otherwise. If I did post a photo, you would likely want some kind of proof that I actually took it.

Did you pass geometry? If the trees are what, 5-8m high, and you’re looking out a window 100m high right next to the beach, the trees pretty much just block the sidewalk, yes?

Never mind, I found this photo on google images

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SUbTDhD_yw

holiday inn Pattaya.jpg

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Never mind, I found this photo on google images

5a0175d42cb7b_holidayinnPattaya.jpg.27ca42e174ddb1625ccb7d6b08d2c5e6.jpg

So now If you can visualize looking South out one of the top floor rooms, about three back from the corner closet to the beach, you’ll have an idea what I was looking at.

Clearly the sand is visible, yes?