Restriction on uploads?

chrisinth

Hi all,

Yesterday I tried to upload a couple of images and the something went wrong error came up. I eventually did manage to upload an image after greatly reducing it to around 45kb. Seems like anything over 100kb produces the error. Certainly not my internet connection but may have something to do with the slower responses of TV lately.

No biggie for me, the post is for information only.

Trying...

Can not upload a 132 kB image! Getting an error message.

109 kB OK.

100526112052.jpg

I am not aware about (intended) changes.

Some limit between the 109 and 132?

128?

Just seen on an internal channel that the problem/limit is being discussed.

The problem is with the choose files option which will not accept any image larger than I think it is 129kb.

There are a couple of work arounds that will post a larger image.

Some images ( depending on the source ) will let you do a copy / paste and another one is insert image from URL.

There is some information here that may help as a stopgap measure :

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/942998-posting-images-on-to-a-thread/

Everything you need should be on the 1st page.

48 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

The problem is with the choose files option which will not accept any image larger than I think it is 129kb.

There are a couple of work arounds that will post a larger image.

Some images ( depending on the source ) will let you do a copy / paste and another one is insert image from URL.

There is some information here that may help as a stopgap measure :

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/942998-posting-images-on-to-a-thread/

Everything you need should be on the 1st page.

The advise in the link seem to be out of date:

This image was posted by using method No1 - choose files

Only images less than 7mb work with this method. You will have to use another method if the image is larger.

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The advise in the link seem to be out of date:

This image was posted by using method No1 - choose files

Only images less than 7mb work with this method. You will have to use another method if the image is larger.

No, the link isn't really out of date. It reads Max file size 100mb but that figure existed for only a short time then dropped back to around the 7mb mark. It was working fine up till the forum maintenance last weekend, in the process something corrupted the choose file option leaving us where we are now with the maximum file size of 129kb.

That figure may well go up to 100mb when the problem is sorted out and I have to say the reason for it hasn't been found yet.

There is a workaround for those who really want to add images to their posts.  Use an image hosting web site like picture trail.  Upload your image there, then paste the image link into the thread here using "img" tags.  Here's what it looks like at picture trail once the image has been uploaded.  Just C&P the third link; the image tags have already been added for you.

413614174.jpg

Yep, I'm still getting problems uploading an image from any browser if over 100K. Not a lot of detail in 100K images though.

Hopefully it'll get sorted, images can be very useful, especially with food reviews etc.  I certainly couldn't be bothered with the workarounds.

Archived