Posting Images on to a Thread

Ron19

This thread is purely for instruction on how to post an image onto a thread.

The image you see below can be found at the bottom of every page.

Reply to this topic.JPG

If you click on " Reply to this topic " in the box above, you will get the image posting page as shown below.

Opening Input Page.JPG

This page will give you a number of options for posting an image on the forum.

1   choose files - This will ask you to choose an image from your computer, follow the instructions given.

2   Insert other media - This will give you two options. 1 - Insert existing attachment

2 - Insert image from URL

3   You can do a copy / paste directly on to the page

4   You can post a link from Flickr directly on to the page.

Instructions how to do this can be found in the link below courtesy of member FracturedRabbit

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/926271-how-to-display-photos-on-thai-visa-without-uploading/#comment-10876415

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It seems that since February 7 Google Photos is now preventing us from uploading images using Photo upload from Light Room ... it took a bit of searching this morning to find out why images would not upload last night...:sad: ....

I am not sure if same for Flickr...?

It means we cannot upload CR2 images directly from the computer to here, as they are too large....also it was so convenient too... Why would they do that?

I will unlock this thread so that anyone with a work around might be able to comment.... on how to upload now from Light room... specifically to Google photos.

On 2/10/2017 at 7:29 PM, samuijimmy said:

It seems that since February 7 Google Photos is now preventing us from uploading images using Photo upload from Light Room ... it took a bit of searching this morning to find out why images would not upload last night...:sad: ....

I am not sure if same for Flickr...?

It means we cannot upload CR2 images directly from the computer to here, as they are too large....also it was so convenient too... Why would they do that?

I will unlock this thread so that anyone with a work around might be able to comment.... on how to upload now from Light room... specifically to Google photos.

I haven't had a problem posting images that have had post processing by Lightroom.

I use one of the methods in post #1 of this thread.

Here is an example posted yesterday and using the same method now.

DSC09671.JPG

I just after hours of fiddling and searching how to do have "sort of" figured it out.... Very tedious and much slower than before ! ....(using Mac which not sure if makes a difference)... but just loading some images now to try... The thumbnails to pick from for choosing to upload are really too small to see which ones, one wishing to upload!

Using Google Photo upload... which is extremely tedious, but then perhaps I will get used to it! :crying:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK this works, but I could not explain how to do it!

jTviCJB5Ff03X95JhMrXYazdSW67nCufnrqIfl0B

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, cnx101 said:

Yes i not sure about this last month I did it, it worked ok but it's not same now.

I can only say I have been having problems uploading from Google Photos, recently....  Not getting an answer why that should be....

Some seem to do OK with doing via Flickr... or you can upload directly from your desktop....

Check through the various threads to see where you photos may fit....

Ron or I will help you if things go amiss!

1 minute ago, samuijimmy said:

I can only say I have been having problems uploading from Google Photos, recently....  Not getting an answer why that should be....

Some seem to do OK with doing via Flickr... or you can upload directly from your desktop....

Check through the various threads to see where you photos may fit....

Ron or I will help you if things go amiss!

Ok thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gazza4 said:

Would anyone like to tell me what I have actually taken a picture of?

I just don't get it.

Dust particles in the air reflecting the flash.

Or maybe fairies :smile:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, didn't work again.  I tried to copy a picture from google.  "picture of plug in ac voltmeter"

I copied it and pasted it in.  The picture appears and I get the following message :

"You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting"

If I post without removing the format the picture doesn't appear, if I remove the format and post it, the picture still doesn't appear.  I can copy the picture to a word file and save it and post the link and the picture appears when you open it. voltmeter.doc I don't remember this problem happening before.

12 minutes ago, wayned said:

Yep, didn't work again.  I tried to copy a picture from google.  "picture of plug in ac voltmeter"

I copied it and pasted it in.  The picture appears and I get the following message :

If I post without removing the format the picture doesn't appear, if I remove the format and post it, the picture still doesn't appear.  I can copy the picture to a word file and save it and post the link and the picture appears when you open it. voltmeter.doc I don't remember this problem happening before.

Hi Wayne.

It's a major issue, we have been trying to sort out ... without too much success so far. 

The only way seems to be consistently work is to drag and drop your photo from your desktop...to "Drag and drop to the space below" when you have your submit post box open. 

Several of us has been experimenting with different Browsers,  Chrome seems to work sometimes, I  believe Internet explorer may work too.

We are hoping Tech team can find a solution, soon!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wayned said:

There are problems posting or viewing  images and this is being looked at by the tech staff.

This is way beyond my field of expertise but there is a group of members currently looking at as well as the tech staff.

They are of the opinion that it is Google specific if you are loading from Google Photo's and appears to be related to

the recent change to " HTTPs ". Also the browser that you are using can play a part.

The only thing I can suggest is to try a different method for posting until tech can remedy the situation.

One thing that works without any problems is Flickr.

Another is to try and save the image to a file on your computer then post it from there using method No1 on the 1st page of this thread.

• Like 2

Baidu is the Chinese search engine same as Google. As far as I can see it's a Google issue. I didn't remove the formatting just straight up copied the image from the website.

What works for me from here is Drag & Drop, choosing files and Baidu for linking pics.

watercube.png

Edited by Minnie the Minx
screenshot
  • Like 1

Then it is definitely country specific. I'm onto something here. Look at my post screenshot. I can see it but you can't.

My post exactly as I can see it. Definitely A google issue, ask the tech team to look into that one.

google2.png

Edited by Minnie the Minx
  • Like 1

I had some Similar probs. The CAT boss who speaks good English said try your old Internet Explorer,be with You Monday to sort it .Dam Me, everything works fine,must be that fussy Chrome ting with its dammed Add sence snooper /spyware gizmo rubbish.Worth a try for U anyway to see if it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

I had some Similar probs. The CAT boss who speaks good English said try your old Internet Explorer,be with You Monday to sort it .Dam Me, everything works fine,must be that fussy Chrome ting with its dammed Add sence snooper /spyware gizmo rubbish.Worth a try for U anyway to see if it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

We don't all use Windoze computers, Explorer will not work on Macs, I looked to try this morning...

Ron has used Explorer and yes it does seem to work... but there needs to be a wider fix. 

Other possibilities are being looked at, it's just taking time!