Possible to leave Thailand with New and *Clean* passport?

Just checked through my latest passport and where Imm' transferred my multi O they have noted my previous passport number and what appears to be the date, use by, of the visa in the previous passport.

I can't see any ref' to the previous passport noted by the UK issuing office, unless it's in the 'chip'.

A couple of years ago a friend of mine (who had been deported) came back from the Uk. He had changed his name, legally, and had a new “clean” passport. He was arrested and made to buy another ticket to fly back to the UK. 

So, getting your new “clean” passport will count for nothing. Your history is there whatever you do. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BWPattaya said:

A couple of years ago a friend of mine (who had been deported) came back from the Uk. He had changed his name, legally, and had a new “clean” passport. He was arrested and made to buy another ticket to fly back to the UK. 

So, getting your new “clean” passport will count for nothing. Your history is there whatever you do. 

I was always under the impression if you changed your name by deed poll when you get a new passport it is noted in the passport, on the lines of

' previously travelled under the name of xxx '.

If not printed then maybe in the chip.

When we got married and my wife changed name it was noted as such in her new passport.

25 minutes ago, overherebc said:

..... I can't see any ref' to the previous passport noted by the UK issuing office, unless it's in the 'chip'.

The biometric chip contained in your passport contains exactly the same information that is printed on the main (photo page).  This includes your photo and signature.  The information is encrypted and can only be read by authorised passport scanner systems.  The purpose of the chip is to make it harder to forge the passport and easier to detect a forgery.

No information is added when for example a person is refused entry or deported from a country or acquires a criminal record etc.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I was always under the impression if you changed your name by deed poll when you get a new passport it is noted in the passport, on the lines of

' previously travelled under the name of xxx '.

If not printed then maybe in the chip.

When we got married and my wife changed name it was noted as such in her new passport.

In the case of the UK, then according to the FAQ's in http://www.deedpoll.org.uk/OtherFAQs.html, then there is no mention of any former names in the new passport.

Q5:  Will my new passport and driving licence mention my old name?
A:
  No, you will receive a brand new passport and driving licence without any mention or reference to your previous name.

32 minutes ago, BWPattaya said:

Correct... "getting a new clean passport counts for nothing".

The moment the IO scans the new passport, the immigration system tries to locate information against that new passport number.  Because it is new it will obviously not show up.  The system then does a search based upon: country code + gender + date of birth + family name + given names.  If it can only match part of the information the system displays photos of persons who it knows.  Surprisingly, using country code + gender + date of birth the number of potential matches is relatively small so the IO can quickly identify the person from previous entry photos.

11 minutes ago, 007 RED said:

The biometric chip contained in your passport contains exactly the same information that is printed on the main (photo page).  This includes your photo and signature.  The information is encrypted and can only be read by authorised passport scanner systems.  The purpose of the chip is to make it harder to forge the passport and easier to detect a forgery.

No information is added when for example a person is refused entry or deported from a country or acquires a criminal record etc.

Seems right. Been searching a few UK Gov' sites and they do state that.

Believe 2006 was the year UK started chips in PP's.

2 hours ago, BWPattaya said:

Right. Immigration photograph you, store your details on computer. Latest face recog software. The old Jungle Jim days are over. 

• Like 1